Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    bono is offline Hall of Famer

Time to let Moss go

My bad, Chuck. I'm sorry. I just got a little offended, that's all. no harm done
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

Time to let Moss go

"XTAP59" wrote:
    Randy Moss got injured this year.
    A little hamstring injury and out for 5 weeks, come on now.

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Time to let Moss go

"givemossthetoss" wrote:
    "XTAP59" wrote:
    Randy Moss got injured this year.
    It was a hamstring tear. He should have been out 5-6 weeks but he played the next game and hurt it more. So, management decides to let him play the next game as well.

Add the back problems and ankle spain and it's a wonder Moss was even able to suit up.

O course, you already knew that......

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

PhxFan is offline Pro-Bowler

Time to let Moss go

"berserkers" wrote:
    I'd trade moss for a stuffed potato from wendys....
    Don't sound like much of a trade

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Time to let Moss go

Moss was injured.

All I can say is Robert Smith.

He retired early or he still might be playing.

Point is that Moss was injured and came back and played. Maybe not at full speed, not fully healed, but he was able and willing to come back.

He didn't say no, I will sit out so I will be able to come back net year and play.

People get injured and they can have productive careers after the fact. He might want to think about stretching. He is getting older.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Time to let Moss go

What in the hades am I reading here?!?!?! Have you all gone stark raving MAD?!?!?!?

Randy doesn't like football? Randy doesn't like Viking Football? Is there something in the water in Connecticut that you should perhaps filter out?!?!? Are you living next to a nuclear power plant or toxic waste dump?!?!?

Randy Moss is - simply out - the BEST receiver in the NFL. PERIOD. And you want to hand that weapon off to another team?!?!? San Fran was smart enough to wait until Rice was in decline before moving him out.

RANDY gave our Offense instant credibility after our 5-11 collapse. RANDY makes our other receivers BETTER because HE draws the doubles. And if you think we're "just fine without him", I invite you to look again at our record while he was injured. Oh yeah, we tore up the friggin' league, didn't we?!?!?

The guy had an off game. It happens. And you people want to turn on him?!?!? I'm ashamed of the lot of you.

Caine

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Time to let Moss go

"givemossthetoss" wrote:
    Yes, it happens to players all over the league every year.

Time to let Moss go

I have also thought this through and I have two things that could come out of this, probably stating the obvious:

1. We lose our ability to stretch the field with Moss and our offense sinks to mediocrity and Culpepper struggles. We come out looking like fools for the trade and Moss likely has a career year with his new team and the spotlight stays with him.

2. With the addition of a draft pick we could pick up a WR like Braylon Edwards and then we would have 3 pretty good WRs with Burleson, Edwards and Robinson. They most likey run harder routes and bring a physical presence to our WR corps. This could be good because Culpepper would most likely spread the ball more and keep defenses more on their heals. That would be a good thing, and we could keep offensive production up while getting some solid defense from Moss' trade.

Personally, I see the first scenario happening more than the second for at least the first year Moss would be gone. But in the long run, I think it MIGHT be better because we will improve as a team all around.

I love Randy, he is the reason why I became a Vikings fan...but now that I am a fan of the TEAM, Im not sure what is better for us as a whole. I would really like to give us a better defense and get our whole offense back first and see how we do then before trading the best WR in football.

If we did trade, do you guys think he would go to the Cards maybe for Adrian Wilson and either Boldin or Fitzgerald?

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Time to let Moss go

I say keep him, remember before he got hurt he was on pace for 30+ TD's. Moss is not the reason our D was horrible. If he would have stayed healthy we could have possibly hosted a playoff game instead of going to green bay and then phily. I think we keep our o together, remember jimmy is comming back as well as rosenthal. Hopefully red sells to taylor so we spend a little more. All we really need is another corner and a decent linebacker. This team is young we have years ahead of us. I know this team WILL be better next year, we have some playoff expirence and pep is the best QB in the NFC. 05 will be a better year for the Vikings, there is no-way we could possibly have the same injuries again. SKOL VIKINGS! Next year IS OUR YEAR!!!! :thumbright:
    You republican whore!

berserkers is offline Rookie

Time to let Moss go

"Caine" wrote:
    What in the hades am I reading here?!?!?! Have you all gone stark raving MAD?!?!?!?

Randy doesn't like football? Randy doesn't like Viking Football? Is there something in the water in Connecticut that you should perhaps filter out?!?!? Are you living next to a nuclear power plant or toxic waste dump?!?!?

Randy Moss is - simply out - the BEST receiver in the NFL. PERIOD. And you want to hand that weapon off to another team?!?!? San Fran was smart enough to wait until Rice was in decline before moving him out.

RANDY gave our Offense instant credibility after our 5-11 collapse. RANDY makes our other receivers BETTER because HE draws the doubles. And if you think we're "just fine without him", I invite you to look again at our record while he was injured. Oh yeah, we tore up the friggin' league, didn't we?!?!?

The guy had an off game. It happens. And you people want to turn on him?!?!? I'm ashamed of the lot of you.

Caine
    Think about it this way Caine.

We trade Randy for a top notch DB, a good pass rushin DE and a top 5 draft pick and then draft a guy like Mike Williams at WR...

are you telling me that you would rather have Randy with all his BS than Mike Williams and Nate Burleson as our tandem and the addition of a top DB???
    [img:a634b559b7]http://www.myimgs.com/data/islandercountry/bannerbbers.gif[/img:a634b559b7]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast