Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Is it time for the "Joe Webb" era to begin?

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090302
    Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1090298
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090294
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1090175
    It's possible. But with all of the needs we have on the roster I have to believe there is going to be a very good player left on the board that could solidify a spot on our roster for the next 8 years and that will be hard to pass up this year. We need guys who can step on the field day 1 compared to players that we can develop over time and the 12 spot gives us a better chance ( if the FO does their homework) of getting a day 1 player.
    Finally, a post I agree 100% with.

Did you watch any of the combine this weekend? With all the top defensive players projected to go early, we sure should be able to get a impact player at 12, especially on the O side of the ball.

If for some silly reason someone takes a OT and both WR's go before 12, that will leave us a couple of very nice options on the DL side as well.

I just don't see us getting out of the 12 spot, unless we get an offer from someone 2 or 3 picks lower but I don't see us moving out of the first round. To much talent there to pick from and there will be lots of depth at alot of positions when we pick again in the 2nd.
    I believe I just saw satan outside in a snowsuit. Hell must have finally frozen over.

I agree with both of you. A starter at 12 is better than 2 maybes.You never know though who will get struck with draft fever and trade up a couple of spots and give much more than it is worth.
    I can agree with you, but I for one, don't see alot of teams moving up. There will be to much value right were they are at.

If, and thats a big if, someone wants to move up to 12, it will be a team 2 or 3 behind us that might want a player they think we, or the team directly behind us in targeting.
    that is the only scenario worth trading down for. any more than a couple of spots and we have lost too valuable a pick. I do not see it happening though.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "slavinator" #1090548

Marrdro will call it drivel due to quotes like this:

Most recently, they set themselves back with an indefensible plan to develop Tarvaris Jackson as their long-term answer. Jackson is a pending free agent and, with the departure of coach/benefactor Brad Childress, seems unlikely to return.
    and

...and Childress' insistence that Jackson would develop into a permanent starter held back the team from planning for the eventual retirement of Brett Favre. My understanding is that even last year, Childress' vision was for Jackson to take over whenever Favre retired.
    And here's the one that had me rolling on the floor...

Never in his career had Jackson demonstrated the aptitude to be a long-term starter. So why didn't the Vikings seek a successor to Favre as they had with Birk, Sharper and others? I asked Spielman that question Thursday, fully expecting to get the answer he provided.

"We're excited to move forward on everything," Spielman said through gritted teeth.

The real answer, of course, is that Childress had amassed enough internal power to serve as the Vikings' general manager when it came to quarterbacks. He plainly disapproved of Spielman's decision to acquire Sage Rosenfels two years ago and summarily buried him on the bench. And in the previous three years, the only quarterback the Vikings drafted was USC's John David Booty, a project who didn't make it past his rookie year.
    And finally,

No one wants their hand forced in a draft, but the Vikings are as close as they can be to that ultimatum. We've seen how far the Band-Aid solution can take them. They won't win a championship with someone else's quarterback. Even they now realize it's time to find one of their own.
    I swear, Seifert's been reading my posts again, hasn't he....

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1090550

Most recently, they set themselves back with an indefensible plan to develop Tarvaris Jackson as their long-term answer. Jackson is a pending free agent and, with the departure of coach/benefactor Brad Childress, seems unlikely to return.
    and

...and Childress' insistence that Jackson would develop into a permanent starter held back the team from planning for the eventual retirement of Brett Favre. My understanding is that even last year, Childress' vision was for Jackson to take over whenever Favre retired.

Never in his career had Jackson demonstrated the aptitude to be a long-term starter. So why didn't the Vikings seek a successor to Favre as they had with Birk, Sharper and others? I asked Spielman that question Thursday, fully expecting to get the answer he provided.

"We're excited to move forward on everything," Spielman said through gritted teeth.

The real answer, of course, is that Childress had amassed enough internal power to serve as the Vikings' general manager when it came to quarterbacks. He plainly disapproved of Spielman's decision to acquire Sage Rosenfels two years ago and summarily buried him on the bench. And in the previous three years, the only quarterback the Vikings drafted was USC's John David Booty, a project who didn't make it past his rookie year.
    And finally,

No one wants their hand forced in a draft, but the Vikings are as close as they can be to that ultimatum. We've seen how far the Band-Aid solution can take them. They won't win a championship with someone else's quarterback. Even they now realize it's time to find one of their own.

Caine
    I normally cant stand Seifert articles as they seem to be unoriginal and mostly filler, but this one was actually a good article. Plagerism may be his only excuse........

As to the evidence pointed out in the charts listed I found it interesting as to the QB's we drafted as actual starters: BJ, Dante, Gannon and TJ. Not exactly great talent evaluation going on there. Of course that is me using the benefit of hindsight.

Hopefully Spielman and Frazier are a little more on the same page and we get this ship headed in the right direction.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1090550

and

And finally,

Caine
    It sounds familiar :woohoo:

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

This is for you Caine and Floyd.. We don't have a good QB? :P

Greg Camarillo
    There are more uncertain factors this off season with the Vikings but with the addition of a good QB much can be done to return to our old ways.
    3 minutes ago · LikeUnlike ·

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "V4L" #1090553

Greg Camarillo
    There are more uncertain factors this off season with the Vikings but with the addition of a good QB much can be done to return to our old ways.
    Huh?

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1090554

Greg Camarillo
    Huh?
    He's been reading our stuff, too.

Caine

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1090554

Greg Camarillo
    Huh?
    I'd imagine V4L's facebook friends with Greg?

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Report: Vikings considered Orton, think Webb is “nowhere close”

The Denver Broncos say Kyle Orton is their starting quarterback. The Minnesota Vikings don’t know who their starting quarterback is. But the Vikings reportedly considered trying to pry Orton away from the Broncos.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast