Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    nailhead77 is offline Starter

Re: Is it time to eye the record books yet?

"singersp" wrote:
    Our opponents have AD's number. If they continue to stack the box & we don't have success preventing them from doing so with our passing attack, AD will be hard pressed to even get 1,000 yards this season.

Thats exactly right!
    Peterson will take a pounding if tjack has'nt improved and the recevers cant break away.
    However if the passing game does show itself to be a legitimate threat......WOW, the 2 headed monster will be unleashed!
    If teams have to take that 8th man out and cover wideouts, the running stats will be rediculous.
    I put a sig on here before, but it expired?
    Now i have tried again but seem to be retarded.......oh well,

Floop the bears!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"nailhead77" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Our opponents have AD's number. If they continue to stack the box & we don't have success preventing them from doing so with our passing attack, AD will be hard pressed to even get 1,000 yards this season.

Thats exactly right!
    Peterson will take a pounding if tjack has'nt improved and the recevers cant break away.

However if the passing game does show itself to be a legitimate threat......WOW, the 2 headed monster will be unleashed!

If teams have to take that 8th man out and cover wideouts, the running stats will be rediculous.
    I think teams will stop the run. Even if jackson makes a tremendous leap he and our WRS are less likely to take it too the house than AD on any play( unless you want to argure that he breaking Moss' record tds from distance was luck). Teams will still play the pass on the way o the rush. Tjack is going to have to beat teams all season long. Any defense co that abandons stopping the run to help ou the pass defense should lose their job.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "nailhead77" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Thats exactly right!
    I think teams will stop the run. Even if jackson makes a tremendous leap he and our WRS are less likely to take it too the house than AD on any play( unless you want to argure that he breaking Moss' record tds from distance was luck). Teams will still play the pass on the way o the rush. Tjack is going to have to beat teams all season long. Any defense co that abandons stopping the run to help ou the pass defense should lose their job.
    I'm confident AP watched plenty of game tape this offseason and can now walk on water and fly, so I have no worries about the box.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

it's gonna come down to the fact that D's will key on the run. and drop back some extra's for coverage.

IF we can disguise our packages better.. ie.. (CTaylor comes on.. it's a passing down) we'll get teams to jump on every play/action.

until they NEED to drop back.. once they do.. watch for AD to have wide open lanes. now.. lets say they do keep keying in on our run game.
    You can't stop AD + CT all game long..
    just can't happen.

records.. the only record i WANT to break
    is the SB loss one.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

In AD we trust...see what happens
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

Formo is offline Team Alumni

I agree with a few of the others.. The only 'record' I would like to see the Vikes break is the 4 Super Bowl trips that end in a loss.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Most Yards Gained Rushing, Game, 426, Detroit Lions vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, Nov. 4, 1934
    We came close.
    The Vikings rushed for 378 on that glorious day against the Chargers.
    I could see this record going down.
    It was a glorious day.....too bad you weren't there.

=Z=
    *poke*
    :'(
    Okay - that is now officially the last time I'm going to do that.

Because I know you'll be there this year when he becomes the first back in NFL history to go for 3 bills!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Most Yards Gained Rushing, Game, 426, Detroit Lions vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, Nov. 4, 1934
    We came close.
    The Vikings rushed for 378 on that glorious day against the Chargers.
    I could see this record going down.
    It was a glorious day.....too bad you weren't there.

=Z=
    *poke*
    :'(
    Okay - that is now officially the last time I'm going to do that.

Because I know you'll be there this year when he becomes the first back in NFL history to go for 3 bills!

=Z=
    Come hell or high water...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

nailhead77 is offline Starter

"Formo" wrote:
    I agree with a few of the others.. The only 'record' I would like to see the Vikes break is the 4 Super Bowl trips that end in a loss.

Thats the beauty of spring.......it all seems very possible.
    If it was'nt for softball, i'd wish for football to start this sunday!!!!
    I put a sig on here before, but it expired?
    Now i have tried again but seem to be retarded.......oh well,

Floop the bears!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

LMAO at whoever said the defenses have AD's number! We have been seeing stacked boxes for two years straight, we have had no problem running against stacked boxes most of time. Reason being is supreme blocking from our TE's, Shancoe, Klinny, our FB in Tony Richardson and our WR's, Wade and Furgy did an outstanding job.

If we continue to see stacked boxes it will be up to the front line to stay consistent, last year we lost that consistency and Peterson's #'s dropped. I look foward to an even better rushing offense this year with a better passing game pushing it along. If Berrian and Rice stay healthy with Wade working the slot and we can protect our QB it will be very difficult for any defense to focus on one thing. We will finally be balanced. I dare teams to put 9 guys in the box let along 8 with Rice and Berrian, Tarvaris has a cannon and has shown the ability to put it on the money down field. Its gonna be a fun season, I hope for continuety and injury free WR's.

This season will also alow Childress to do some more things, now that Tarvaris is a year better and has his rookie playing season out of way we can open up the playbook. I can't stress enough how much Rice and Berrian are gonna help Tarvaris confidence, this is huge! More than likely our play calling will no longer be so predictable, our options this year are far greater than last.

I don't know what the record is for rushing yards in a season but with AP I think any record is possible, he's truely an amazing RB. Health is my biggest concern, he runs reckless and never avoids major hits. This concerns me as he is only human and has said himself there is no place for letting up. I would talk to him about this, work with him on protecting his body when he can.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast