singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Time for Chris Cook to pay forward

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    "I'm very grateful for this second chance," he said. "It was a very stressful time for me, and to know that this organization, and the people that are in this organization, stood behind me ... that gave me a sense of relief while I was going through everything."
    I hope he, and his agent, remember this thought when his contract comes up.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    The kid is a beast, excited to watch him play.

Chris Cook - Minnesota Vikings - 2012 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Opposing quarterbacks produced a 126.6 passer rating versus the Vikings in 10 games without Chris Cook compared to a 78.6 rating in six games with the talented cornerback in the lineup last season.

(cont...)
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I do too. But I'll be happy to have a solid secondary....it'll be nice to have at least ONE area of the team to be positive about.

Caine

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    QB rating from 77 to 127!? That is a pretty big step, but I think Winny missed about the same number of games, so you really ought to say, with/without Cook AND Winfield.

But thats the thing about the Vikes that gives me hope. Our defense was pretty good before we lost those two players, and they're both back with some upgraded reinforcements. IF our Offense can just get some first downs and eat a lil clock, this Defense could be good enough to keep us in most games.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    QB rating from 77 to 127!? That is a pretty big step, but I think Winny missed about the same number of games, so you really ought to say, with/without Cook AND Winfield.

But thats the thing about the Vikes that gives me hope. Our defense was pretty good before we lost those two players, and they're both back with some upgraded reinforcements. IF our Offense can just get some first downs and eat a lil clock, this Defense could be good enough to keep us in most games.
    Agreed about the Winny comment... excited to have them both back along with some new prospects too. They might be the only fun part to watch this year.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Agreed about the Winny comment... excited to have them both back along with some new prospects too. They might be the only fun part to watch this year.
    I'm hopeful, we'll see. They should at least be much improved from last year. It's been a long time since we could say we had a solid secondary.

Of course, none of that matters without Marty's warpig

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I do too. After all, it was the Vikings who suspended Cook for the full year without pay, not the league, only to end up finding out he was found innocent. Oops! Oh well, it was only $1/4 million any way.

Vikings suspend Chris Cook indefinitely without pay
    Vikings suspend Chris Cook indefinitely without pay | ProFootballTalk
    Last edited by singersp; 07-13-2012 at 06:45 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I do too. After all, it was the Vikings who suspended Cook for the full year without pay, not the league, only to end up finding out he was found innocent. Oops! Oh well, it was only $1/4 million any way.

Vikings suspend Chris Cook indefinitely without pay | ProFootballTalk
    "I'm very grateful for this second chance," he said. "It was a very stressful time for me, and to know that this organization, and the people that are in this organization, stood behind me ... that gave me a sense of relief while I was going through everything."
    His words
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.