Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    501

    Re: Time for a change II - Offensive line

    "antoniopierce58" wrote:
    a qb with legs would make our o line look good.

    Brad is an old hagwash that needs to be given his pink slip and humiliated multiple times infront of downtown minneapolis while wearing a pink dress and high heels.

    He is a piece of crap and I can't beleive he is still in.

    Brooks Bollinger did pretty solid when he was in last year.
    He atleast has an arm and we have 3 deep threats in troy, bethel and travis taylor to get the ball downfield. Marcus Robinson and Mcmullen will also be vital in 3rd and short situations and in the redzone with either Bollinger or tarvaris jackson in.


    that is so wrong in many ways...lol. i dont know if anyone should deserve that type of punishment ever.
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

  2. #12
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: Time for a change II - Offensive line

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    To be honest with you i dont' know why you couldn't have put this in the other thread. It pertains to the general idea.

    I discussed in the other thread how a Athletic, big strong QB would make our oline look good but not only that but get back to what those guys are about, Birk, Hutch, Micknie pass blocking for the deep ball, they will give us the oportunits, Johnson won't. Defense prepare for the same thing week in week out. How many times have we gave Johnson all day to throw it and came away with 0. After awhile that sh*t isn't fun.

    How can you say the line was built for blocking for the deep ball when the QB is getting hit before he is 4 steps into a 5 step drop?


    A mobile QB is also difficult for a line to adjust to because if the QB is scrambling around while the line has their backs to him, they don't know which way to move the defender so it can go both ways.

    The long and the short of it is that the line is not doing it's job.
    For one thing Mckinnie isn't fast enough for the NFL game, he needs to be in a 2 point stance or however that works. Tice used to have him use it while he was here. If you go back to the preseason tavaris isn't necasarily a huge scrambler, he'll use the pocket provided. But he also has the ability to scramble when things go sour.

    If you havn't noticed when we line up the shotgun we pass protect well. Mikinie is a beast in the 2 point stance, its a weak link he sucks in a 3 point stance. Maybe we way overpayed for a guy who can't be consistent with what we want to do with him. We have to work to our talents. We pass block well in shotgun, but we need an arm. If we are sucessful in the shotgun things change alot with our offensive play caling, things we can do.

  3. #13
    Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    501

    Re: Time for a change II - Offensive line

    McKinnie isn't that consist but if you look at the NFL today only a few LT's are better...in fact I only see 3 that are better (Ogden, Pace, Jones).

    meh....he better get better.
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

  4. #14
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Time for a change II - Offensive line

    "Webby" wrote:
    McKinnie has been poor all year.
    He is in a bad spot and I do not know what I would even do with him.
    The DE's in the game are so quick.
    Their first 3 steps is what gets them by McKinnie all the time.

  5. #15
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Time for a change II - Offensive line

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    McKinnie has been poor all year.
    He is in a bad spot and I do not know what I would even do with him.
    The DE's in the game are so quick.
    Their first 3 steps is what gets them by McKinnie all the time.
    I am not sur of the mechanics, but could we move him to the right side of the line? At least then the QB could see that he got beat instead of being blindsided.


    All I do know is Green Bay has 2 rookies and was playing a reserve for most of the game and they all knew how to do their job and apparently our high priced, experienced guys don't. That says it all to me.

  6. #16
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,207

    Re: Time for a change II - Offensive line

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    McKinnie has been poor all year.
    He is in a bad spot and I do not know what I would even do with him.
    The DE's in the game are so quick.
    Their first 3 steps is what gets them by McKinnie all the time.
    They either need to get rid of the ball quicker or put Richardson or a TE over on that side to block the person who beats McKinnie.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #17
    PurplePumpkin's Avatar
    PurplePumpkin is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    418

    Re: Time for a change II - Offensive line

    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "Purplemania" wrote:
    Hmm....where is the savior "Ryan Cook" I wonder? I remember getting blasted for criticizing (and cursing I admit) when we reached for this guy. pooey what a dumb pick....

    I am so sick of Marcus Johnson as well. We need to bench this useless piece of tree trunk because ever since he's been in the NFL he's been struggling like a little piglet chased by wolves.
    Maybe he isn't ready to play yet? He's only a rookie. He's definately got the size and the versatility to play tackle. We may see him yet.
    Rookie linemen are used in NFL with much success. Ryan Cook was drafted pretty high by the Vikes and he not being used? Our O-line needs serious help! I think its time to plug him in to the system and see what our draft pick can do. Green Bay has two rookie lineman ... they looked ready to me.

  8. #18
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Time for a change II - Offensive line

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    McKinnie has been poor all year.
    He is in a bad spot and I do not know what I would even do with him.
    The DE's in the game are so quick.
    Their first 3 steps is what gets them by McKinnie all the time.
    Move him to RT and draft a quicker LT.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  9. #19
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Time for a change II - Offensive line

    Ryan Cook is not even next in line. Herrera, and Rosey are ahead of him on the depth chart.

    If Childress doesn't allow help to Marcus Johnson against pro-bowl DE's I doubt your going to see help to one of the highest paid OL in the league.

    One idea is you could say forget the TE and throw another lineman out there to help double a DE or pick up a blitz. The defense would still have to dedicate a coverage to him because he would be eligiblie.

    On the Brad Johnson thing, I thought sidetracking threads was against the rules. Taking every opportunity to take a shot at a player is against the rules.

  10. #20
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Time for a change II - Offensive line

    "Webby" wrote:
    McKinnie has been poor all year.
    Ever since he got paid.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Offensive Line Help Anyone?
    By Golden_Viking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2010, 06:42 PM
  2. MInn vs Pitt LIne Change
    By fanofteam in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 06:15 PM
  3. Offensive Line
    By Bkfldviking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 06:56 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 07:00 AM
  5. Offensive Line
    By Caine in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-28-2005, 05:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •