Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Time for a change II - Offensive line

It doesn't matter who we put in at QB if the line doesn't do it's job.

I am tired of all of the talk about taking time to find a rythm. We just got spanked by a team that was supposed to have less talent, that was in the early stages of rebuilding with the youngest team in the league, and a team with 2- count them 2 Rookies on the offensive line and they lost their most experienced lineman to an injury today and they still whipped our butts. I think it's time for our line to either sh!t or get off the pot.

The packers came to play and came to win and the purple didn't, plain and simple.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Time for a change II - Offensive line

we do need a new right side, that's pretty certain. McKinnie i hope is just tired and will work on conditioning in the offseason. hutch and birk are men. they'll stay.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

antoniopierce58 is offline Training Camp

a qb with legs would make our o line look good.

Brad is an old hagwash that needs to be given his pink slip and humiliated multiple times infront of downtown minneapolis while wearing a pink dress and high heels.

He is a piece of crap and I can't beleive he is still in.

Brooks Bollinger did pretty solid when he was in last year.
    He atleast has an arm and we have 3 deep threats in troy, bethel and travis taylor to get the ball downfield. Marcus Robinson and Mcmullen will also be vital in 3rd and short situations and in the redzone with either Bollinger or tarvaris jackson in.

Blog Entries

The defense was on Johnson so fast at times that Carl Lewis couldn't have sidestepped the rush.

With the line we had last year he did just fine and he is no slower or less accurate than he was then. What has changed is the line is worse than last year and the offensive scheme is not as successful.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"antoniopierce58" wrote:
    a qb with legs would make our o line look good.

Brad is an old hagwash that needs to be given his pink slip and humiliated multiple times infront of downtown minneapolis while wearing a pink dress and high heels.

He is a piece of crap and I can't beleive he is still in.

Brooks Bollinger did pretty solid when he was in last year.
    He atleast has an arm and we have 3 deep threats in troy, bethel and travis taylor to get the ball downfield. Marcus Robinson and Mcmullen will also be vital in 3rd and short situations and in the redzone with either Bollinger or tarvaris jackson in.

I actually think we can give BB a try if Johnson fails to put it together.
    He was in a crappy sit with the Jets and blew like every other QB there.
    Maybe a new start, ala Harrington in Miami is good.

Okay bad example, but you know my meaning.

But I am certain Chili does not count Brad to blame for this as much.
    He chucked some good ones today.
    He just can't evade everytime anymore.

McKinnie has been poor all year.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

To be honest with you i dont' know why you couldn't have put this in the other thread. It pertains to the general idea.

I discussed in the other thread how a Athletic, big strong QB would make our oline look good but not only that but get back to what those guys are about, Birk, Hutch, Micknie pass blocking for the deep ball, they will give us the oportunits, Johnson won't. Defense prepare for the same thing week in week out. How many times have we gave Johnson all day to throw it and came away with 0. After awhile that sh*t isn't fun.

Blog Entries

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    To be honest with you i dont' know why you couldn't have put this in the other thread. It pertains to the general idea.

I discussed in the other thread how a Athletic, big strong QB would make our oline look good but not only that but get back to what those guys are about, Birk, Hutch, Micknie pass blocking for the deep ball, they will give us the oportunits, Johnson won't. Defense prepare for the same thing week in week out. How many times have we gave Johnson all day to throw it and came away with 0. After awhile that sh*t isn't fun.

How can you say the line was built for blocking for the deep ball when the QB is getting hit before he is 4 steps into a 5 step drop?

A mobile QB is also difficult for a line to adjust to because if the QB is scrambling around while the line has their backs to him, they don't know which way to move the defender so it can go both ways.

The long and the short of it is that the line is not doing it's job.

antoniopierce58 is offline Training Camp

brad johnson isnt even accurate on short throws, he cant hit our receivers in stride and doesnt have the arm strength to rocket the ball in tight situations.
    A waste of a qb in all aspects of what a qb has to do.

He has had many opportunities and is every bit responsible for losing our 5 games.
    Realistically we should be 1-8 with the losses to detroit being off late turnovers, sean taylor giving us the game at washington, and carolina's punt return team also doing the same.

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

Hmm....where is the savior "Ryan Cook" I wonder? I remember getting blasted for criticizing (and cursing I admit) when we reached for this guy. pooey what a dumb pick....

I am so sick of Marcus Johnson as well. We need to bench this useless piece of tree trunk because ever since he's been in the NFL he's been struggling like a little piglet chased by wolves.
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Purplemania" wrote:
    Hmm....where is the savior "Ryan Cook" I wonder? I remember getting blasted for criticizing (and cursing I admit) when we reached for this guy. pooey what a dumb pick....

I am so sick of Marcus Johnson as well. We need to bench this useless piece of tree trunk because ever since he's been in the NFL he's been struggling like a little piglet chased by wolves.
    Maybe he isn't ready to play yet? He's only a rookie. He's definately got the size and the versatility to play tackle. We may see him yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast