Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 12345 13 53 ... LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Time to bench the 20 million dollar man

kyleburkle wrote:
    for as long as I can remember Minnesota has old veteran qb's and will never let the young guys have a chance. From past to prime guys like Mchmahon, Cunnigham, to noodle arm vet in Brad Johnson, Minnesota does not like the youth, If they would have kept Tavaris, Sidney, Peterson, and not to forget Berrian who looked good with Jackson, they would have had something by now instead of a qb carousel with a washed up espn drama cover boy, to throw the ball. I am Brett Favre I do not need off season practice, skip all the way to preseason football, and I am so good I will whip the NFL. I wore my T-Jack jersey to the sports bar and all the fans where like WTF, I said wait for the game to unravel and you will see why.
    LOL! You can remember back to McMahon...but you cannot remember back to CULPEPPER?

Holzberg is offline Rookie

The first interception to Harvin was Brett's fault for a throw behind him.

The other two were needed. I don't mean that the interceptions were needed, but the throws were needed. We need a receiver to step up and become the "go to" guy as well as a deep threat and that is not going to happen unless the recievers are given that chance.

Don't blame Brett for coming back, he wanted to retire, his wife even admitted that Brett had decided to do so. But then 3 bone heads begged him to come back.

What did people expect out of this game? The receivers were horrible in New Orleans and nothing was done in the week and a half before the Doplhins game besides "trying out" receivers. I thought for sure they would have at least brought in Javon Walker. Walker is a deep threat and has played with Brett before. Just having him out there would open things up underneath. It got more and more difficult to throw the ball during the game because Miami didn't worry about the deep threat and moved the safetys up. I had a feeling when I was driving up to the game that this would be the result of doing nothing.

When the offense got into the red zone and Brett threw the ball to Shiancoe in the end zone and it was blocked everyone was yelling that they should run it and were upset. So then they did run it and got in for the score. At the end of the game they ran it 4 times and ended up with nothing. They should have thrown it on second down and even if they didn't get it in it would have at leased loosened the defense up.

I think it is rediculous that they begged Brett to come back and did nothing in the extended week as far as bring in a receiver.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Bench him? lol,who you gonna start instead?
    El underdog.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

El Vikingo wrote:
    Bench him? lol,who you gonna start instead?
    TJ until the Super Bowl.

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

I've heard so many times that it's Brett that makes the receivers who they are, So in the absense of Rice, why can't he just make another receiver?
    None

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

Marrdro wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    kyleburkle wrote:
    If this was mma you would say Favre got old overnight
    but he clearly doesn't belong on a NFL field he is old injured, and out of sync, give Tarvaris the chance he deserved after going to 10-6 winning the North title, being a NFL player of the week and posting a 89 quarterback rating for the season.
    I am consistently amazed at how selective soem people's memories get...

When Jackson went 10-6...how many of those games did he actually start? Oh...that's right...Gus Frerotte did all the "heavy lifting" that season because Jackson was BENCHED following his two crappy performances.

Now, if we had Frerotte on the roster, maybe we could afford to bench Favre - who has indeed looked like crap for 2 consecutive weeks - but we don't.

No...thanks to the offensive mastermind that is Childress, our Quarterback options - other than Favre - are Jackson and Webb. And it would seem that you need a bit of a memory refresher when it comes to Jackson...

...perhaps you've forgotten his less than stellar showing as recently as this past preseason? But, of course, those were meaningless games, so we can discount that.

How about his fantastic showing versus the Eagles after "winning the NFCN"? Oh wait...he got trashed.

How about the Giants game before that? He won that one...right? Of course, it was nip and tuck and the Giants SCRUBS gave Jackson all he could handle...

But what about the Arizona game? There you go!!! If Jackson actually played like that, I'd be all for it...too bad that game is looking more and more like a fluke...

Bottom line, as crappy as Favre is looking - and he's looking pretty crappy - he's STILL about a million times better than Jackson. Putting Jackson in is the same as kissing the season goodbye. And if we're kissing the season goodbye after only two weeks then we have three other issues to worry about.

1: We're crappy fans for abandoning the team after only 2 weeks.

2: We are going to need a new Head Coach because OBVIOUSLY everything good anyone has ever said about Chiller is complete BS (Which I believe to be true anyway).

3: We might as well play Webb instead.

See, we've SEEN Jackson. That starting job was handed to him, gift wrapped, on 3 separate occasions...4 if you count the period of indecisiveness this preseason. And EVERY SINGLE TIME, he's actually gone out there as the starter, he's blown it.

So don't even TRY to start running your yap about giving Jackson the opportunity he "deserves". He's HAD it...over and over again...and he's sucked every time. If he got what he deserved, he'd be working a McDonald's drive-through somewhere, and Rosenfels would be our #2.

Caine
    Still spewing forth that drivel my friend? LOL

You know what we haven't seen? We haven't seen TJ run this team. Until we see that, no one, including you can tell us he isn't ready.

On a side note, looks like my prediction on when you will be buying me beer is gonna be pretty accurate. :P
    But surely we have 3 times and he failed each time, that you don't like favre is one thing everyone is entitled to an opinion but you really, seriously don't beleive that TJ is the answer, come off it Marr he isn't. He's not as good as Campbell was for the Redskins and he was benched yesterday for the Raiders.

Whatever happens with Chilly at the end of this season even he will have to admnit that for the first time he's going to have to draft a QB in the 1st round.

We can't give this team to Jackson, he will blow it for sure, the only thing he will give us is a high draft pick the following year (assuming there is a draft)
    Purple till i die

Holzberg is offline Rookie

jrjohn wrote:
    I've heard so many times that it's Brett that makes the receivers who they are, So in the absense of Rice, why can't he just make another receiver?
    He is trying, but no one is stepping up. It is still up to the recievers to try.

Berrian is HORRIBLE and I say trade him! He did actually catch a ball yesterday (it was a pass not a punt) and they came back to the same play a couple of plays later and Berrian runs a pathetic route. That type of play you have to make the defender think you are going to keep going, but Berrian stopped too early and the reciever stopped with him and caught the ball. See the idea is to run past the point of the catch and then come back quickly, but Berrian did not run far enough.

Brett just has no confidence in the receivers and he keeps giving them chances to step up, but they don't. Shiancoe is your best bet, but without a deep threat, it closes all the underneath passes and he is not the fastest guy.

Brett can make receivers, but the receiver has to actually try himself. Now, Harvin is a good reciever underneath but not down field and if the safetys move up, it take him away along with all the other receivers the Vikings currently have.

Holzberg wrote:
    jrjohn wrote:
    He is trying, but no one is stepping up. It is still up to the recievers to try.

Berrian is HORRIBLE and I say trade him! He did actually catch a ball yesterday (it was a pass not a punt) and they came back to the same play a couple of plays later and Berrian runs a pathetic route. That type of play you have to make the defender think you are going to keep going, but Berrian stopped too early and the reciever stopped with him and caught the ball. See the idea is to run past the point of the catch and then come back quickly, but Berrian did not run far enough.

Brett just has no confidence in the receivers and he keeps giving them chances to step up, but they don't. Shiancoe is your best bet, but without a deep threat, it closes all the underneath passes and he is not the fastest guy.

Brett can make receivers, but the receiver has to actually try himself. Now, Harvin is a good reciever underneath but not down field and if the safetys move up, it take him away along with all the other receivers the Vikings currently have.
    I think brett needs to throw the ball in the vecinity of the receivers in order for them to TRY to catch it.
    None

VIKINGS4LIFE333 is offline Training Camp

jrjohn wrote:
    Cause Berrian goes 50%. he needs to get kicked off this team. that will open up money for V.Jackson. does anyone watch BB on run plays? he blocks (if he blocks) with his head turned around looking at the ball. he stopped AP more then the D did. we all know he cant catch. he runs crap routes and doesnt come back to the football.
    Tahi= the worst FB in the NFL. he doesnt block, he is slow, and it seems that he doesnt know where the ball is going. 4th and goal and we run it inside, where is Tahi? thats right he ran outside all alone. Call Tony up and get him back.
    As far as Big Mac as he calls himself, he looks like he has 2 left feet. his time is over! he needs to go back to Miami nightclubs and start smacking little people around cuz he is getting his a$$ handed to him on Sundays.
    i would rather see Joe Webb out there the T Wack. he has had his shots. Still Brett is our best QB.
    You have to have football smarts to be good in the NFL, im starting to think our team is just plum dumb

Anybody happen to catch the highlights of the packer game, in particular Clay Matthews, he's a freek! If I saw him chacing Brett with a chainsaw I would not be surprised. Brett will be well advised to pull a hammie and sit out that game.
    None

Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 12345 13 53 ... LastLast