Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Time to bench the 20 million dollar man

How can any serious Viking fan

A. Back out on Favre after 2 bad ganes

B. Even consider Jackson as anything more than a glorified water boy

This whole team is out of sorts, players that performed out of their skin last year are AWOL this year, JA was manhandled for most of both of those games, I didn't hear Aws name once yesterday.

EJ and Chad were the best players out ther.

Sometime people on these forums sound more like Eagles fans
    Purple till i die

kyleburkle is offline Rookie

for as long as I can remember Minnesota has old veteran qb's and will never let the young guys have a chance. From past to prime guys like Mchmahon, Cunnigham, to noodle arm vet in Brad Johnson, Minnesota does not like the youth, If they would have kept Tavaris, Sidney, Peterson, and not to forget Berrian who looked good with Jackson, they would have had something by now instead of a qb carousel with a washed up espn drama cover boy, to throw the ball. I am Brett Favre I do not need off season practice, skip all the way to preseason football, and I am so good I will whip the NFL. I wore my T-Jack jersey to the sports bar and all the fans where like WTF, I said wait for the game to unravel and you will see why.
    None

kyleburkle is offline Rookie

one more thing

T-Jack bad game = cut him he is worthless

Favre bad games = sign Vincent Jackson cause the receivers suck
    None

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

kyleburkle wrote:
    one more thing

T-Jack bad games (almost every game) = cut him he is worthless

Favre bad games (this year with no #1 receiver) = sign Vincent Jackson cause the receivers suck
    Corrected for you
    Purple till i die

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I heard they are going to trade all the QBs on the roster and go wild on the wildcat.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

The reason we keep playing Favre is because he's been successful in the past, where as TJ has sucked in the past. We saw what Favre did last year, it was a season that TJ couldn't even accomplish in a sick dream of his (which probably all include Chilly).
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Culpepper_4717 wrote:
    Brett needs someone to make the big plays, he cant throw to Shiancoe every time.
    Not trying to single you out Culp, just wanted to use your line as a sounding board for something I've been harping on all off season.

Most say that the Noodle made El Syd and Percy last year.

If that is the case, why does the Noodle need playmakers? Shouldn't our new crop of WR's be turning into "Probowlers" like our cats did last year, with the great Lord Noodle Arm Dickhead throwing them the ball?

What we need is a QB who will make accurate throws on time to the WR's we got. Go back and watch the game. They were open on almost every throw. Even the ones that were caught, were off target resulting in the recievers having to stop to catch them.

Long story short, we were forced to watch that kindof crap from TJ when he was learning. We shouldn't have to watch that kindof crap from the Noodle, just because his diva ass didn't want to come to camp.

To coin a famous cliche' by the Noodle crotch sniffers.........

The we need to put the QB that gives us the best chance to win on the field. Obviously the Noodle isn't ready to play, so that means TJ needs to be on the field.

Again, my apologies Culp. Not trying to single you out my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marty, I'm curious.

At this point would you prefer to see Favre or TJ out there?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Caine wrote:
    kyleburkle wrote:
    If this was mma you would say Favre got old overnight
    but he clearly doesn't belong on a NFL field he is old injured, and out of sync, give Tarvaris the chance he deserved after going to 10-6 winning the North title, being a NFL player of the week and posting a 89 quarterback rating for the season.
    I am consistently amazed at how selective soem people's memories get...

When Jackson went 10-6...how many of those games did he actually start? Oh...that's right...Gus Frerotte did all the "heavy lifting" that season because Jackson was BENCHED following his two crappy performances.

Now, if we had Frerotte on the roster, maybe we could afford to bench Favre - who has indeed looked like crap for 2 consecutive weeks - but we don't.

No...thanks to the offensive mastermind that is Childress, our Quarterback options - other than Favre - are Jackson and Webb. And it would seem that you need a bit of a memory refresher when it comes to Jackson...

...perhaps you've forgotten his less than stellar showing as recently as this past preseason? But, of course, those were meaningless games, so we can discount that.

How about his fantastic showing versus the Eagles after "winning the NFCN"? Oh wait...he got trashed.

How about the Giants game before that? He won that one...right? Of course, it was nip and tuck and the Giants SCRUBS gave Jackson all he could handle...

But what about the Arizona game? There you go!!! If Jackson actually played like that, I'd be all for it...too bad that game is looking more and more like a fluke...

Bottom line, as crappy as Favre is looking - and he's looking pretty crappy - he's STILL about a million times better than Jackson. Putting Jackson in is the same as kissing the season goodbye. And if we're kissing the season goodbye after only two weeks then we have three other issues to worry about.

1: We're crappy fans for abandoning the team after only 2 weeks.

2: We are going to need a new Head Coach because OBVIOUSLY everything good anyone has ever said about Chiller is complete BS (Which I believe to be true anyway).

3: We might as well play Webb instead.

See, we've SEEN Jackson. That starting job was handed to him, gift wrapped, on 3 separate occasions...4 if you count the period of indecisiveness this preseason. And EVERY SINGLE TIME, he's actually gone out there as the starter, he's blown it.

So don't even TRY to start running your yap about giving Jackson the opportunity he "deserves". He's HAD it...over and over again...and he's sucked every time. If he got what he deserved, he'd be working a McDonald's drive-through somewhere, and Rosenfels would be our #2.

Caine
    Still spewing forth that drivel my friend? LOL

You know what we haven't seen? We haven't seen TJ run this team. Until we see that, no one, including you can tell us he isn't ready.

On a side note, looks like my prediction on when you will be buying me beer is gonna be pretty accurate. :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Prophet wrote:
    I heard they are going to trade all the QBs on the roster and go wild on the wildcat.
    If only they still had Todd Lowber.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast