Page 1 of 101 1231151 ... LastLast
    kyleburkle is offline Rookie

Time to bench the 20 million dollar man

If this was mma you would say Favre got old overnight
    but he clearly doesn't belong on a NFL field he is old injured, and out of sync, give Tarvaris the chance he deserved after going to 10-6 winning the North title, being a NFL player of the week and posting a 89 quarterback rating for the season.
    None

Re: Time to bench the 20 million dollar man

lol no
    "I can't stand burnt toast. I loathe bus stations: terrible places, full of lost luggage and lost souls. And then there's unrequited love, and tyranny, and cruelty. We all have a world of our own terrors to face."
    - The Doctor

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Ahahaha. This is going to be a fun thread for awhile. I have so much I could say to you, but I know there are people here that can articulate it better than I can so I'll let them give it to you.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

try 28 million, and your right about TJ. Favre made a huge mistake playing another year. I bet he's already regreting it, as are the 3 nuts that went down to Mississippi and dragged him out of his rocking chair on the front porch
    None

Culpepper_4717 is online now Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

It has nothing to do with how old Brett is. He just needs to get back in rhythm. Brett needs someone to make the big plays, he cant throw to Shiancoe every time. Once Rice gets back Favre will have his big play maker.

give Tarvaris the chance he deserved
    Haha. After seeing TJack playing in the preseason he should be happy he's still a Viking. I'd put Webb in any day before giving TJack another shot.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

kyleburkle wrote:
    If this was mma you would say Favre got old overnight
    but he clearly doesn't belong on a NFL field he is old injured, and out of sync, give Tarvaris the chance he deserved after going to 10-6 winning the North title, being a NFL player of the week and posting a 89 quarterback rating for the season.
    I am consistently amazed at how selective soem people's memories get...

When Jackson went 10-6...how many of those games did he actually start? Oh...that's right...Gus Frerotte did all the "heavy lifting" that season because Jackson was BENCHED following his two crappy performances.

Now, if we had Frerotte on the roster, maybe we could afford to bench Favre - who has indeed looked like crap for 2 consecutive weeks - but we don't.

No...thanks to the offensive mastermind that is Childress, our Quarterback options - other than Favre - are Jackson and Webb. And it would seem that you need a bit of a memory refresher when it comes to Jackson...

...perhaps you've forgotten his less than stellar showing as recently as this past preseason? But, of course, those were meaningless games, so we can discount that.

How about his fantastic showing versus the Eagles after "winning the NFCN"? Oh wait...he got trashed.

How about the Giants game before that? He won that one...right? Of course, it was nip and tuck and the Giants SCRUBS gave Jackson all he could handle...

But what about the Arizona game? There you go!!! If Jackson actually played like that, I'd be all for it...too bad that game is looking more and more like a fluke...

Bottom line, as crappy as Favre is looking - and he's looking pretty crappy - he's STILL about a million times better than Jackson. Putting Jackson in is the same as kissing the season goodbye. And if we're kissing the season goodbye after only two weeks then we have three other issues to worry about.

1: We're crappy fans for abandoning the team after only 2 weeks.

2: We are going to need a new Head Coach because OBVIOUSLY everything good anyone has ever said about Chiller is complete BS (Which I believe to be true anyway).

3: We might as well play Webb instead.

See, we've SEEN Jackson. That starting job was handed to him, gift wrapped, on 3 separate occasions...4 if you count the period of indecisiveness this preseason. And EVERY SINGLE TIME, he's actually gone out there as the starter, he's blown it.

So don't even TRY to start running your yap about giving Jackson the opportunity he "deserves". He's HAD it...over and over again...and he's sucked every time. If he got what he deserved, he'd be working a McDonald's drive-through somewhere, and Rosenfels would be our #2.

Caine

kyleburkle is offline Rookie

after Favre throw 3 picks and gets beat by the hard nosed champion caliber LIONS next week maybe you guys will be on the same train I am.
    None

Not if that train is headed off the edge of a cliff. Namely, the Tarvaris Canyon.
    "I can't stand burnt toast. I loathe bus stations: terrible places, full of lost luggage and lost souls. And then there's unrequited love, and tyranny, and cruelty. We all have a world of our own terrors to face."
    - The Doctor

Culpepper_4717 is online now Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

kyleburkle wrote:
    after Favre throw 3 picks and gets beat by the hard nosed champion caliber LIONS next week maybe you guys will be on the same train I am.
    I think you're on the wrong train. I think you might be on the "Kissing Tarvaris Jackson's Ass Train". Btw do you see Chilly anywhere on the train?.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

kyleburkle wrote:
    [img size=400]http://www.autumnoaksfarmandexpress.com/images/photos/choo-choo02.jpg[/img]

Which one are you?

Page 1 of 101 1231151 ... LastLast