Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tim Couch

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Tim Couch

I think of the one-year deal as an extended interview...time to learn the West Coast Offense and to see if he's worth keeping around. In 05 we'll see if he'll be worth re-signing, also depending on what Favre does after the season.

Don't know if I like the move...that money could have gone to help out a starter, but I feel better with Couch in event of injury to Favre than Pederson. Pederson is a great backup (smart) but doesn't have the tools to command an offense.

If Favre does get hurt, it might be the best 1.3 million the team has ever spent.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Tim Couch

"ricky38" wrote:
    "Viking_Spirit" wrote:
    Couch is better than whoever their current backup is, but Couch isn't that good. Just shows that the Packers are going farther and farther downhill..........
    I would like to see Farve or Culpepper play on a team with no OL,running game, or WR and see what their QB rating would be. I forgot he also had a moron for a coach. I think that I will reserve judgement until I see him play with a real team. GO PACKERS!!!!l
    Are you saying Sherman is a good coach? GO VIKES!!!!!

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Tim Couch

I'm not scared of Tim Couch either! I don't care who he had around him! His receivers weren't bad and Green is a capable back! Couch did lead them to the playoffs so they had to be doing something right! He'll make for a good career backup but I don't think he is great starting material (another Gus Frerotte).

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Tim Couch

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I'm not scared of Tim Couch either! I don't care who he had around him! His receivers weren't bad and Green is a capable back! Couch did lead them to the playoffs so they had to be doing something right! He'll make for a good career backup but I don't think he is great starting material (another Gus Frerotte).
    [size=9px][/size]

[size=9px]Who's afraid of the big bad Couch...tra la la la la[/size]
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Tim Couch

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    I think of the one-year deal as an extended interview...time to learn the West Coast Offense and to see if he's worth keeping around.
    Are you guys going back to the west coast system? Bad idea. You guys did much better with Ahman Green leading a running based attack.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Tim Couch

Tim Couch will do a little better in Green Bay if he does play because Green Bay has a much better offensive line than Cleveland. With better protection and a good running game, I think he will like Green Bay better.

That said I don't think he's anything to get excited about.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Tim Couch

"JimFlyinsaucer" wrote:

Are you guys going back to the west coast system? Bad idea. You guys did much better with Ahman Green leading a running based attack.
    I think its still pretty much a WCO, at least as far as the passing attack. There is still a lot of screen, particularly to Green. It's just we finally have a back that can also cream a linebacker, so we run more often than the usual WCO.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Tim Couch

Tim Couch is no Brett Favre (but then again, who is?).

Couch as a backup will be better than Pederson or anyone else the Pack has had in recent years.

Couch as a starter could be a winner in GB. Any QB that can pass well enough to keep defenses honest should be able to win in GB as long as Ahman Green continues to be one of the most dominant players in the NFL.

Frankly, unless the Packers somehow slide into averageness/mediocrity, I expect Favre will QB for at least 2 or 3 more seasons. He's just that good, and a Packer offense led by Favre and Green should compete for the playoffs every year.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Tim Couch

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    I think of the one-year deal as an extended interview...time to learn the West Coast Offense and to see if he's worth keeping around. In 05 we'll see if he'll be worth re-signing, also depending on what Favre does after the season.

Don't know if I like the move...that money could have gone to help out a starter, but I feel better with Couch in event of injury to Favre than Pederson. Pederson is a great backup (smart) but doesn't have the tools to command an offense.

If Favre does get hurt, it might be the best 1.3 million the team has ever spent.
    The one-year deal was Couch's idea. He wants to be back on the free agent market again next year so that he can try to find a team where he can start. Unless Favre retires after this year, I do not expect Couch to be his replacement.

ricky38 is offline Waterboy

Tim Couch

"JimFlyinsaucer" wrote:
    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    I think of the one-year deal as an extended interview...time to learn the West Coast Offense and to see if he's worth keeping around.
    The west coast offense is based on a strong running game. GO PACKERS!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast