Tim Brown to be cut tomorrow

Tim Brown could be a good addition to a young Viking team, but he probably wants a little more money than the Vikes would be willing to give..

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Re: Tim Brown to be cut tomorrow

"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    Tim Brown could be a good addition to a young Viking team, but he probably wants a little more money than the Vikes would be willing to give..
    I thought the Vikings had like 40 gajillion dollars to spend under the cap?
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Tim Brown to be cut tomorrow

"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    I must disagree. If Brown could still play, he'd still be a Raider. The word I heard on the radio today is that the Raider brass feel that Brown can no longer get open. The Vikings are loaded at WR with Moss, Robinson, Burleson, Campbell. Keenan Howry supposedly looks VERY impressive in camp. Ryan Hoag and Lane Danielsen are also looking very good in camp. Even if Brown played for the vet minimum, my guess is I'd rather have young, athletic talent than experience with severely diminishing skills.

Now, a team seriously devoid of WR talent, such as the Ravens, might be able to make use of Brown's remaining skills. Dallas is another possibility; apparently it is Brown's hometown, and you know how Parcells likes veteran players. Brown and Testaverde can apply for Social Security together.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

i think brown is not a good idea he got cut because al davis wanted him to be a 3rd or 4th reciever and what would he be on the vikes?? definantly not what he would want to be
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

eelpout72 is offline Starter

maybe as a receiver's coach, but we dont need him otherwise. I'd rather have younger WR's get more playing time.

jiggyjack is offline Rookie

yeah thats what i heard. as he put it he wants to stay only if he's the #1 rec. i dont that he was before but at his age, and im sure he can still play, it will be very difficult to stay on top of the depth chart.