Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tillman gone?

Tillman gone?

Some good news on the coaching front. Looks like ol' Rusty Tillman is on his way out and his possible replacement may be Chris Walsh! Good news indeed.

From VU:

Rusty Tillman is said to be hanging precariously onto his job and may be replaced from within by former special teams standout Chris Walsh -- who joined the team as an assistant in 2004.

I always liked Walsh's special teams play on the field. Let's hope it translates well to coaching it. We need a special teams upgrade.
    Even babies know the difference.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Tillman gone?

If I thought that would make the difference, I would be ecstatic if it happpened. But is it really Tillman that is the problem?

Del Rio Guest

Tillman gone?

Sounds like spring cleaning is coming early. Change is good. Now comon Red, sell the team to all of us here at PP!

We will each pay $2.00

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Tillman gone?

i think i may have agree...i don't know if tillman was the real problem...we need a real kicker to solidify our special teams!

however, any of the coaching staff leaving warms my body like a shot of yeugermiester.

Tillman gone?

"UTVikfan" wrote:
    is it really Tillman that is the problem?
    I think he's a large part of the problem. He's the coordinator of the special teams and they have been anything but coordinated since he's been here. There is way more to it than just kicking field goals and punting. I'm looking forward to Walsh taking over.
    Even babies know the difference.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Tillman gone?

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    Some good news on the coaching front. Looks like ol' Rusty Tillman is on his way out and his possible replacement may be Chris Walsh! Good news indeed.

I always liked Walsh's special teams play on the field. Let's hope it translates well to coaching it. We need a special teams upgrade.
    Walsh was a hard-nosed player who dispelled the myth that WRs were a bunch of wimps. He showed that you can have just as much an impact on STs as playing on offense.
    He also has the advantage of playing the game quite recently too, which means the younger players on STs may take that much more notice of him
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Hooversham is offline Starter

Tillman gone?

That's awesome. Chris Walsh was my favorite player on that team when he played. I LOVED that guy. I always rooted for him to get in as a wideout too. He's tough as nails.

I created a player in Madden 64 that was unstoppable. His name.........................................CHRIS WALSH.

I'd be elated. :thumbleft:
    I can bench press my own body weight. And I weight 2,000 pounds.

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Tillman gone?

Getting rid of tillman is the first step. Now we need to pick up Vanderjagt and get some players who can cover kickoffs/punts.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Tillman gone?

CHRIS WALSH, Sweet!!! That would be tight, is there such thing as kicking coaches, i know we had a guy in there that was in a wheel chair this year. We will have to have somebody to take care of the kickers because i dont think walsh knows much about those kind of techniques. This would be fun.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Tillman gone?

Lets get Walsh! I second that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast