Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tickets

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

tickets

Web searches are a wonderful thing.

In 2003 (last year), single-game tickets went on sale at the Metrodome Ticket Office at 9 AM (CDT) on Saturday, July 12th. Tickets via TicketMaster went on sale at 10 AM (CDT) at Midwest TicketMaster locations, TicketMaster by phone (area code 651), or on the web at TicketMaster.com. So if you are in California and drive to your local TicketMaster outlet or call your local TicketMaster, you could be out of luck. By the way, this information was posted on Vikings.com on Friday the 11th...exactly one day before tickets went on sale.

Also last year, fans purchasing tickets to the Packers game had to purchase a like number of tickets to the preseason game against the Jaguars. I would expect the Vikings will do something similar this season.

There was also a limit of 8 tickets per game per customer.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

tickets

I don't think it is that hard to get tickets! If you can't find them on the internet, you can ALWAYS go up to the dome and buy them from someone off of the street. I have done this for about 4 Vikings games that I have been to, and the closer it is to kickoff, the cheaper the tickets get because the sellers (scalpers) don't want to eat the tickets and get nothing for them!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

tickets

good info guys, but what if you want to buy some from ticketmaster.com

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

tickets

You probably don't want to wait this long but I found the best time to buy tickets through ticket master is usually the wednesday before the game. Just for example if they play the seahawks on Sunday November 14 then Wednesday November 10th is when you would want to try ticket master because usually the visiting team has so many tickets that they have blocked off but usually they don't use as many as they have blocked so they end up generally releasing hundreds of tickets before the game the number usually is like 400 tickets that they release and if you check ticket master continually starting wednesday afternoon you are likely to get some tickets and alot of times there are quite a few lower level tickets included. Everytime I have done this I end up sitting in the lower level endzone area. Just a thought and then you don't end up paying some ridiculous price either to a scalper before the game otherwise you can always get tickets through the ticket brokers like the ones that someone already mentioned in this post. The problem with the brokers is they charge at least double if not triple of what the ticket normally costs through the box office or ticket master but you can always find tickets through the ticket brokers if you are willing to pay the money.

tickets

Good tip about the release of tickets from the other team on Wednesdays.

If you want tickets via TicketMaster, and don't live in the Minneapolis area, you'll need to have a credit card (obviously), be online and looking for tickets as soon as they go on sale online. If the locals at the box office have an hour jump on you, don't expect to find any choice seats though. Although in my experience, even the nosebleed seats are pretty good. It's the atmosphere of being in the Dome with all the other Vikings fans that makes any seat in the house a good one. Beware, though, there are some "limited view" tickets that will put you behind a concrete pillar. You don't want to get stuck with one of those.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

tickets

Can I just say I love the dome and have never had a bad seat while watching a football game!! GO VIKES!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

tickets

what if you call the ticketmaster in the minnesota area at the time they go on sale over there

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

tickets

You should be fine doing that. But remember as other people have already said the box office tickets go on sale an hour before ticketmaster starts selling the tickets so even going through minnesota ticketmaster you will still have an hour penalty so to speak. I don't know if you have to go to the extreme of calling the minnesota number if you have web access you can go to ticketmaster.com and do it that way as long as the tickets have already gone on sale to the public it doesn't matter what time zone you are in when using ticketmaster.com.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

tickets

Another option, other than ticketmaster, that I have heard advertised (I have not actually used this site yet) is stubhub.com. They basically act as a place for season ticket holder to sell their unused tickets. I just did a quick search, and looked at the MIN vs GB game on Dec 24th. They have a variety of sections available, including lower level, 50 yard line seats. It looked like the prices ranged from $50 per to $450 per. Like I said, I haven't used this site yet, but they've been advertising on the local sports talk stations.

tickets

"josdin00" wrote:
    Another option, other than ticketmaster, that I have heard advertised (I have not actually used this site yet) is stubhub.com. They basically act as a place for season ticket holder to sell their unused tickets. I just did a quick search, and looked at the MIN vs GB game on Dec 24th. They have a variety of sections available, including lower level, 50 yard line seats. It looked like the prices ranged from $50 per to $450 per. Like I said, I haven't used this site yet, but they've been advertising on the local sports talk stations.
    If you can get tickets for the Packers game for $50 each, that is a bargain (unless they are the limited view seats behind a concrete pillar - I think a season ticket for those seats goes for something like $99 per ticket, which is $10 per game).
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast