Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ticket Update for the Carolina Game

    http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=1935

    Steve LaCroix, the Vikings vice president of sales and marketing, said in an e-mail this afternoon that there are approximately 2,000 tickets remaining for Sunday’s game against Carolina. Technically those must be sold by noon Thursday for the Vikings to avoid their first local blackout of a game since 1997.
    <sigh>

    While I am fairly confident that we will sell out this game through corporate help, if we don't start putting up wins, we are going to face the first black out in over a decade.
    :'(

    I suspect that Fox will spend the 10k to buy out the remaining tickets.
    They will recoup that and more in advertising for showing the game.
    But this is the fourth time.
    We had three last year (and one almost).
    We can't keep doing this...

    EDIT:
    I meant to type 120k, not 10k.
    If it was only 10,000 that would only be about 165 tickets...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #2
    Bretto007's Avatar
    Bretto007 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    147

    Re: Ticket Update for the Carolina Game

    yes it is very sad.
    Brad Childress is 1-6 in games played Dec. 17 or later.

  3. #3
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Ticket Update for the Carolina Game

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=1935

    Steve LaCroix, the Vikings vice president of sales and marketing, said in an e-mail this afternoon that there are approximately 2,000 tickets remaining for Sunday’s game against Carolina. Technically those must be sold by noon Thursday for the Vikings to avoid their first local blackout of a game since 1997.
    <sigh>

    While I am fairly confident that we will sell out this game through corporate help, if we don't start putting up wins, we are going to face the first black out in over a decade.
    :'(

    I suspect that Fox will spend the 10k to buy out the remaining tickets.
    They will recoup that and more in advertising for showing the game.
    But this is the fourth time.
    We had three last year (and one almost).
    We can't keep doing this...
    I do my part.
    You do yours.

    Anyone who buys a ticket from somewhere other than the Vikings organization fails to do theres.
    Sorry, but buying a ticket from eBay or StubHub or whatever does not help.
    To the Vikings (and the NFL) that's a ticket already sold.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #4
    happy camper's Avatar
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,445

    Re: Ticket Update for the Carolina Game

    Can't help out.

    I am in college and I have very little money. Vikings tickets are very low on my priority list right now.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

  5. #5
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Ticket Update for the Carolina Game

    :'(

    All this talent and we still can't sell out games. Something is wrong. QB change is a good start.

  6. #6
    TheKnuck's Avatar
    TheKnuck is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    572

    Re: Ticket Update for the Carolina Game

    of course.
    drama for the game i'm going to.
    oh well, i'll be there rooting for Gus I guess.

  7. #7
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Ticket Update for the Carolina Game

    It will happen no one trip

  8. #8
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Ticket Update for the Carolina Game

    http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=1948

    [size=14pt]Vikings game to be televised[/size]
    September 19th, 2008 – 12:27 PM
    By Judd Zulgad

    The Vikings announced they have sold the remaining 1,400 tickets for Sunday’s game against Carolina, meaning the game will be shown locally on Fox affiliate KMSP (Ch. 9). The Vikings had been granted an extension by the NFL until 2 p.m. today to sell the tickets. The usual deadline is 72 hours before kickoff, which would have been noon Thursday, but the league often grants extensions.
    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #9
    DustinDupont's Avatar
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,607

    Re: Ticket Update for the Carolina Game

    "Zeus" wrote:
    http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=1948

    [size=14pt]Vikings game to be televised[/size]
    September 19th, 2008 – 12:27 PM
    By Judd Zulgad

    The Vikings announced they have sold the remaining 1,400 tickets for Sunday’s game against Carolina, meaning the game will be shown locally on Fox affiliate KMSP (Ch. 9). The Vikings had been granted an extension by the NFL until 2 p.m. today to sell the tickets. The usual deadline is 72 hours before kickoff, which would have been noon Thursday, but the league often grants extensions.
    =Z=
    Thats a good sign

  10. #10
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ticket Update for the Carolina Game

    http://www.vikings.com/NewsArticle_carolinasellout091908.aspx

    FOX 9, several group purchases for local charities and general fan sales contributed to the efforts, ensuring the game would be televised locally on KMSP FOX 9 at 12:00 p.m. (CT).
    Still needed corporate help though.
    WTF.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Carolina game?
    By VKG4LFE in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-21-2006, 08:14 PM
  2. Steve Smith Ejected from the Carolina game ...
    By mnjamie in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-25-2005, 07:06 PM
  3. Take on Carolina Game?
    By snowinapril in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-02-2005, 07:03 PM
  4. Going to the Carolina Game
    By Turboe in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-06-2005, 04:07 AM
  5. Vikings single game ticket update (It's not too late!)
    By purplepat in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2004, 07:51 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •