Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Tice's tenure already questioned by fans

Nice article from Don Seeholzer on fan questions.

Q: Mr. Seeholzer, I feel Mr. (Zygi) Wilf has a real diamond in the rough with the Vikings. He has good talent on the players' end and loyal fans. He just needs the right coaches in place. I predict after this season, no matter how we finish, he will clean house on the coaching staff. It is the right time for a change that, in my opinion, could bring out the best in this club. Your thoughts, please.

R. Anderson, Maumelle, Ark.

A: I wouldn't say no matter how they finish. If coach Mike Tice can win the NFC North and get this team deep into the playoffs, he deserves to return.

Q: I think unless the Vikings make it to the NFC championship game, Tice is out as coach. It seems to me that Zygi is a more hands-on owner. Do you think this is Tice's last year as the Vikings' coach?

Anonymous, Cottage Grove

A: One more time: Unless the Vikings suffer a slew of injuries to key players, I believe Tice has to win the division and a playoff game or two to keep his job.

Q: Mike Tice has gotten a free pass from the local press. Why? With a 7-5 record with four games remaining last season, he went on national radio campaigning for the University of Washington head-coaching job and not a single local writer criticized him for it. It is not a coincidence that the Vikings went 1-3 after that. Lack of discipline has been a major issue with this team and no one is saying anything about it.

SamsonO, Portsmouth, Va.

A: Tice has done a good job of cultivating the local and national media, but I definitely don't think he gets a free pass. Besides, the Vikings' record will determine whether he returns after this season, and nothing anyone writes or says figures to change that.

Q: Goodness, what a week. Why doesn't Tice go ahead and sign David Dixon (who actually had a great season last year)? Furthermore, why does he believe in (Michael) Bennett so much? He never drafted him. I think Bennett does have some positive attributes, but a feature back he is not. I believe Bennett should be used like a David Palmer. Furthermore, do you believe that if the running woes continue, the team will make a trade for Ricky Williams? I'm partly joking, but it is a possibility and could become a reality after Week 4. Every quality team has a good running back. Until Tice actually has faith in a running back who produces regularly and sticks with him, this team is going nowhere. Clearly, Ricky is a running back who has had problems, but his play on the field has never been questioned.

Chris, Wilmington, N.C.

A: I can't believe we're talking about David Dixon and Ricky Williams after one game. I'm not sure either, or both, could solve the Vikings' problems.

Q: Do you think that Steve Loney is in over his head handling the offensive line and coordinator positions?

JS, St. Paul

A: I don't know about over his head, but Loney has a lot to deal with right now. The offensive line problems alone are a full-time job.

Q: Daunte (Culpepper) is not a leader. He can rack up the stats to make his numbers look good, but he can't win. Play Brad Johnson. He's a proven winner.

Anonymous

A: One game into the season and already a call for Johnson? Congratulations on winning this year's Knee-Jerk Award.

Q: Don, is it just me or does it seem Vikings fans are hitting the panic button a little early? We played a terrible game, especially the offensive line. That being said, we still had an opportunity to win if Moe Williams catches the less-than-perfect pass. If the offensive line settles down, we will be a team to be dealt with in the playoffs. Our defense still needs to get together as a unit, but we are light years ahead of last year.

Mike Strabley, Morton, Ill.

A: Finally, a voice of reason. Add to that the fact that Culpepper doesn't figure to play many more games like the one he had Sunday and the outlook isn't totally bleak.

We don't need to go outside looking for runninng backs or lineman just because of one game, nor do we need a new head coach. We need to fix & correct the problems with the players we have right now. Loney is spread to thin.

I say let the players play & the coaches coach.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Re: Tice's tenure already questioned by fans

"singersp" wrote:
    Nice article from Don Seeholzer on fan questions.

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/12668364.htm

We don't need to go outside looking for runninng backs or lineman just because of one game, nor do we need a new head coach. We need to fix & correct the problems with the players we have right now. Loney is spread to thin.

I say let the players play & the coaches coach.
    Make sure when you quote an article, and you need to register in order to read it, that you post the article instead of linking to it...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I also feel it's way to early to start talking new Coaches and players and such..

We have a whole season left infront of us, one lose isn't going to sink this Vikings ship...

But a win today would sure get it sailing straight again..

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

"shockzilla" wrote:
    Make sure when you quote an article, and you need to register in order to read it, that you post the article instead of linking to it...
    Shock, It's difficult for me to tell if someone needs to register or not. I always go to preview to see if the link works & it pops right up for me, probably because I'm registered. I usually don't like to publish the whole article because of "intellectual property" rights & it's also in the PPO rules.

I re-corrected the link by going straight to the paper & then the article, rather than where I found it. Will someone tell me if it works now without having to register?

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "shockzilla" wrote:
    Shock, It's difficult for me to tell if someone needs to register or not. I always go to preview to see if the link works & it pops right up for me, probably because I'm registered. I usually don't like to publish the whole article because of "intellectual property" rights & it's also in the PPO rules.

I re-corrected the link by going straight to the paper & then the article, rather than where I found it. Will someone tell me if it works now without having to register?
    No. It still asked me to register.

I posted the entire article because fans did not want to register to read it & I could not get a work around link. Thanx for the info PPE!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"VikingNed" wrote:
    I also feel it's way to early to start talking new Coaches and players and such..
    I think we have been talking about needing a new coach for the last two years. :smile:

WWBGD

6-KINGS Guest

I think Viking fans are always talikng about a new coach.
    haha
    We are never happy it seems.

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

Jim Fassel, where are you?

dam22oz is offline Waterboy

TICE has the team totally unprepared today.....He needs to be fired along with his staff!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast