mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

Tice's Press Conference: 10/13/05

hey i just found this PC from Tice that was taken today. it's posted on the Vikings website.

here's a link: http://minnesotavikings.com/news_detail_OBJECTNAME_TiceQuotes101305.html

Thanks Josdin

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Tice's Press Conference: 10/13/05

About time he figures out that Newman has been a playmaker for him.

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

There they go again bringing up the allegations. Way to change the subject Tice, at least this PC was actually able to move on from it.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

yah i hope Newman does better than Harris, and it lights a fire under Harris.

Gotta say this about Tice though he's a straight shooter. i give a lotta respect to somebody that stands up to the press and says some of the things he says.

Thanks Josdin

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

you know..i like him..but tice has to go...the party was a blow to the viking community and organization

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Okay, here's my running commentary as I read that PC transcript.

--It's too bad the transcript doesn't list who asked the questions, cause that first question is a doozy. "Who do you think will win this Sunday?" Okay, maybe the reporter was asking Tice to handicap the rest of the games, but my guess is he was asking Tice if he thought his own team was going to win. What do you think he's gonna say? The Bears?! Idiot.

--Good job by the reporters to try to slowly lead Tice into talking about the boat trip. Good job by Tice to cut it off when the questions had strayed too far from the subject of the game. He handled that well.

--It's good to hear that the coaches and the consultants are working well together, and that egos aren't getting in the way. Then again, what have the Vikings' coaches done so far this year that they could be egotistical about? I'll be real interested to see how this works on game day. Fortunately, its a Chicago game, so I'll be able to watch it.

--I hope they do have the run defence corrections made. Cedric Benson has looked pretty bad so far this year, and has been putting the ball on the ground. If we can solidify our front four, and not give the Bears' offensive line any blocking angles on us, we should be able to do a decent job stopping the run.

Del Rio Guest

I don't know about you guys but I think that was about the best press conference I have ever seen Tice give.

You know I think hardships and struggles build character. If he can rebound from this he may be worth holding onto afterall.

"Q: Talking about what might happen if someone is found to be linked to the allegations
    A: I don't want to talk about it. I'll talk about the Bears. I'm sorry, but if I don't focus on the Bears how are the guys going to focus on the Bears? We had a day yesterday where we dealt with questions. If people know me they know how I feel about it. If they don't they haven't been listening for four years and they haven't been paying attention. We'll figure out everything when the time comes"

I find that very respectable.