Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Is Tice the Worst Coach in the NFC North?

I guess not :shock: lol

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Tice will show everyone this year that he can take is to the superbowl without selling the tickets.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Personally I like the guy and think he has the ability to be an outstanding coach, the only thing he is lacking so far is experience as HC and that is something he is learning on a day to day basis. Don't forget that he is one of the few HC's around that went straight into the job from being a position coach without being an OC or DC for a spell and that is something that has hurt him experience-wise since.
    The season that DG went Tice was made assistant HC, which was a move on the Vikes part to stop him being picked up by other teams. I think the plan was that he would have eventually become OC and then be in a position to eventually make it to HC, but with Green leaving then Tice was thrown in at the deep end mainly due to McCombs and his cheap ways.
    He's not always had a good press from some of the fanbase and media over some of his decisions/clock management but I think he's always looking to try different things and ideas. The article refers to the 'botched FG' against the Eagles - ok it didn't work but if it had then the media would have called it an inspired play, the thing though is that Tice was willing to try something different and I admire him for doing that.

As we know this year will be a make-or-break season, good results and postseason will get him a contract extension, bad season and he will be shown the door by Zygi for sure. Then we'll know if he really is the worst coach in the NFCN or not.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Del Rio Guest

I just have to say that Sherman is boarderline.

If you are one of those fans that loves to place the Vikings defensive troubles on Dennis Green, then I do not possibly see how you could think Tice is the worst coach in the NFC North.

Because according to that belief Tice inherited a very unstable and defensively weak team. Tice inherited a rookie quarterback who couldn't win a game from behind, who also had a nasty habit for fumbling.

On the flipside of that Sherman took over a much better team. With better talent and an owner who was not affraid to spend a little money. I mean really there can only be so many things you can be against before you start to contradict yourself. Was Red the cause of the problems? Was his closed wallet a hinderence to Tice? Is one of the reasons Mooch is so good because the Detroit owner has basically said "Mooch, you want it you got it, whatever it takes Mooch just get this ball rolling."

Tice's situation must have resembled something like. "Tice make due with what you have." Each coach has a different situation. And with all that being said if I had to make a list I would put Sherman on the bottom, I would put Smith on the top at #1 and I would let Mooch and Tice fight for scraps.

And I am not a fan of the gorilla. But you cannot deny he is getting better. And his drafts have been very fruitful so far.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Way to go THOMPSON -- I read the article and it said Tice was the best. Then read through the posts. WORST? NO! Tice was rated BEST in the article!!!!
    Kinda goes to show you most people just don't read carefully.
    Man, if I was a Green Bay fan I'd have a field day with this thread about how Viking fans can't even read. :roll:
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Del Rio Guest

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Way to go THOMPSON -- I read the article and it said Tice was the best. Then read through the posts. WORST? NO! Tice was rated BEST in the article!!!!
    Man, if I was a Green Bay fan I'd have a field day with this thread about how Viking fans can't even read. :roll:
    Keeping in mind the title of the thread is "Is Tice the Worst Coach in the NFC North?" A lot of people probably didn't even read the article. When the post title asks a question usually people just post an answer.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Tice has one of the best jobs in the world. But he is not that great. I actually think Tice scored fairly well. If he did not have the ticket scalping incident he might have done even better.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I'm the guilty one - I started this thread. I saw the source (Lions website) and took a biased approach to scanning the article. I figured the rating system would be logical, not based on "golf scoring".

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Vikefan05 is offline Pro-Bowler

Player respect is worth so much. I get the feeling the guys would go to hell and back for him. That may be as valuable years of experience.
    Its better to lose the first game than the last one.

6-KINGS Guest

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Keeping in mind the title of the thread is "Is Tice the Worst Coach in the NFC North?" A lot of people probably didn't even read the article. When the post title asks a question usually people just post an answer.
    Tice Good
    Sherman bad.
    Ugh..................

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast