Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Is Tice the Worst Coach in the NFC North?

He is according to this article on Scout.com.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=63&p=2&c=396243

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Is Tice the Worst Coach in the NFC North?

"SKOL" wrote:
    He is according to this article on Scout.com.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=63&p=2&c=396243

I'd have to agree. Lovie and Mooch are way better coaches then Tice. So it is between him and Sherman. Sherman's teams have yet to underachieve like I think we have done in the last few years with Tice as our coach.

One thing to note though, is Tice is probably the most inexperienced too. Sure Lovie has only been a head coach for a year, but he still has more coaching experience then Tice. Tice went from O-line coach to head coach. I think he is improving, although at a snails pace.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

I dont care if he is, or isnt. I like him and I think that he will get better. And when it all comes down to it, it is up to the players to perform and do there job and do it right. IMO, players win games, not coaches.

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    I dont care if he is, or isnt. I like him and I think that he will get better. And when it all comes down to it, it is up to the players to perform and do there job and do it right. IMO, players win games, not coaches.

Um, New England winning 3 of the last 4 super bowls? That was great coaching, not great players. Good coaching is underrated.

A great coach can make good players into great ones. They can make average players into good players.

Coaches are very important. I just hope we have enough great players and talent, to overcome Tice's mistakes this year.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "coreychavous21" wrote:

Um, New England winning 3 of the last 4 super bowls? That was great coaching, not great players. Good coaching is underrated.

A great coach can make good players into great ones. They can make average players into good players.

Coaches are very important. I just hope we have enough great players and talent, to overcome Tice's mistakes this year.
    Coaches teach, and can motivate. But I am saying that it all comes down to the players. A coach can call the perfect play in the right situation but if a guy just isnt mentally there he can fumble or drop a pass anything like that.

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "coreychavous21" wrote:

Coaches teach, and can motivate. But I am saying that it all comes down to the players. A coach can call the perfect play in the right situation but if a guy just isn't mentally there he can fumble or drop a pass anything like that.

Yeah, but you know as well as I do, that if we had the pats coaches over the past few years, and the pats had ours, we would have done way way better then the pats and they would have won zero super bowls.

Coaching is very important. Not everything of course, cause if your players don't execute, your great coach won't do much. Example being bill Parcells and Dallas last year.

But for us to do good next year, not only does our D need to jell and play much better, and not only does our offense have to do well without moss, and not only does our special teams have to improve a ton, but just as importantly our coaching needs to improve and be much much better then it has been under Tice.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Yes, but I love the guy.

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

A prime example was last year’s playoff loss to Philadelphia. That botched FG attempt was a disaster. Why in the hell would you try some crap like that in a game of that magnitude? It just boggles my mind that an NFL coach would go Pop Warner like that. You can’t blame Randy Moss for not knowing what was going on because the play should have never even been drawn up in the first place.
    That's from the posted link, and I didn't have a problem with that call, it should have been an easy six since Moss would have been wide open had EVERYONE been on the same page.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "coreychavous21" wrote:

I am gonna have to go with Smoot here. The Pats do not have a lot of superstars. They are coached in a way that every, single player gives 100% all the way down the depth chart. They are coached really well and I would have to say that with any other coach, they might not have won those 3 SB's.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

I agree that Tice is not a very good coach, and we would probably have done way better the last few years if we had a really good coach. But really if we fire Tice, who we gonna hire? There's noone else out there thatd be any better. So since Tice isn't THAT bad, we might as well stick with him and se how he can do with a good defence.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast