Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tice is stupid

skol_vikes! is offline Rookie

Re: Tice is stupid

"vikingsalltheway" wrote:
    What the hell was he thinking to try that fake field goal trailing 21-7.
    Wow. Talk about perfect 20-20 hindsight
    "If it's not fun, you're not doing it right. "
    ~ Fran Tarkenton

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Tice is stupid

...but Red is stupider!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Tice is stupid

what was stupid was either not practicing it, or not having your team focused enough to execute it.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Grassdog61 is offline Rookie

Tice is stupid

Maybe the fake FG screw-up wasn't Tice's fault but what about not having your team prepared to come out and play inspired football from the start of the game? In the NFL divisional playoffs no less. The team basically sleepwalked through the first 2 offensive possessions when they needed to set the tone for the game. Get down 14-0 early on the road in the playoffs, 9 times out of 10 you're history.
    614f282e3c576bcf94e1d24d7a29bead

Foreman44 is offline Starter

Tice is stupid

Very true that. They had none of the fire they had for the Lambeau game.
    Tice talks about consistency being all important and should really take his own advice on that one.
    I liked the fake FG call and the decision to use that play so can not fault him (or Linehan) for trying it. Had Withrow not blown it, it was an easy 6.
    That said though, I just don't think Tice is the guy ... and to immediately name Loney the new O Coordinator (without even entertaining the idea of hiring someone like Paul Hackett or otherwise) doesn't make much sense to me either.

drtybrdy9 is offline Rookie

Tice is stupid

Wow, I thought that Vikings fans were way more intellegent than that. You always take the 3 points in the first half, ALWAYS. If we would have gotten it would have been 10-21 well into the 2nd half. There were other times in the game when we were going for it on 4th down and putting to much pressure on ourselves. So many of our drives stalled around the 30 yard line or so. Another field goal later in the game puts us within a touchdown and 2point conversion. Does anybody remember the Cardinals game last year when we went for it on 4th and goal from the inch line. That field goal would have changed the rest of the game. That is one of the reasons that I dislike Tice so much, he is still to much of a player with his emotions going all over the place. The head coach needs to be calm and make smart decision always.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Tice is stupid

that would have been the easiest six moss would have ever scored.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Tice is stupid

I don't know, the TD on Monday night football where he walked backwards into the endzone was pretty easy!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Tice is stupid

Stallion hit the nail on the head. It wasn't a bad decision but Tice never has his team prepared MENTALLY!!!! This game isn't just about physcal abilities or you could have alot of meatheads that are strong and fast in the NFL. It is about knwoledge of the game, desire, DISCIPLINE, and awareness. None of those attributes apply to Tice's team and that is his downfall. Tice can not get his team to play to their potential and that goes back to being a players coach; I hate them. Jerry Burns had a team that should have won two super bowls but the old crow was busy buddying up to them instead of coaching them. Alomost every players coach has a team that underachieves. Tice is no exception!!!!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

skol_vikes! is offline Rookie

Tice is stupid

as far as our red zone performances go, i't like there's a brick wall on the 20 yard line. We have this awesome sustained drive, then, WHAM! all of a sudden we can't get our heads out of our @$$es to score 6
    "If it's not fun, you're not doing it right. "
    ~ Fran Tarkenton

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast