Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    itzdoja is offline Waterboy

Re: Tice says Mewelde to start in place of Bennett in opener

bennett is runing just like the end of last year like crap. mm is going to tear it up i like watching the running back actully get away from the first guy

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"natethegreat" wrote:
    if MB plays at least 13 games and doesn't get even close to 1,000 yards, i dont think we will resign him, i saw on FSN "huddle up at TC" he was saying he hopes he gets resigned after this year and that he really likes minnesota and would like to spend the rest of his career here, i doubt we resign him
    I agree - unless Bennett has a great year, I don't see us resigning him. The only thing is, I don't really see us signing him anyways. If he has a bad year, he's gone, period. But if he has a really good year, he'll probably price himself out of Minnesota, because we won't be willing to give him a huge deal with Moore and Fason chomping at the bit.

BTW, congrats on graduating to a starter!

Thanks PPE for the sig.

moose101 is offline Waterboy

i just hope that people dont lose faith in MM if he has a bad game against the chargers. they have a very adequete defensive lineup and the vikes aren't showing anything in the offensive running game...especailly with Birk absent. Bennett has had chances and truely hasnt shown as much as MM. I know this sounds bad, but i almost hope bennetts injury is still lingering come the regular season and MM gets a chance to start, becuase based on talent, not on sheer speed, he has the better football skills.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I'm certainly surprised that Tice has announced this already with the season opener still two weeks off.
    Bennett is not going to like this as, again, his durability is coming into question.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Del Rio Guest

In order for bennett to have a great year he is going to need 255 carries again. That's not going to happen. MM even if he starts every game will not get 200+ carries.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Del Rio" wrote:
    In order for bennett to have a great year he is going to need 255 carries again. That's not going to happen. MM even if he starts every game will not get 200+ carries.
    and with the outlook not looking so good for Birk at the moment then the running game may suffer even more as a result. Question is can Withrow step up and cover center for the season or do the Vikes need to be looking at the waiver wire over then next week or so to see who may become available ?
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Prophet Guest

Nice position for MeMo to be in, at this point it is his job to lose. I'm sure the odds in Vegas for Bennett staying healthy and remaining a starter are pretty low at this point.

--------------------------------------
    Vikings | M. Bennett not a Lock for the Season Opener
    Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:50:23 -0700

Vikings.com reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Tice said RB Michael Bennett (neck) is not a sure thing to play in the team's season opener Sept. 11, because of his neck injury. "Right now, Mike's out, so I'm moving forward, even for Tampa without Mike. I don't see Mike being anything but an outside shot for Tampa. I'm not a doctor, but I know anytime you sprain your neck or tweak your neck or have neck spasms or whatever he has, it's hard to put a guy back in there, especially a guy who has taken a lot of hits, unless he is confident in that neck. It's another area where I am probably in my mind moving on with other players right now, said Tice Tuesday, Aug. 23.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

This is the way I think it should have been all along. It's too bad it took an injury to get us here. Our corps of RB's is getting pretty thin.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

It sounds like Tice is really kinda pushing for double M too? I guess he did probably make a mistake giving the role to Bennett in the first place. In my opinion you always have the starting role open to competition. Especially when your supposed starter is getting hurt constantly! I'm glad that he's giving Moore a shot. Good Move TICE!!!
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

Prophet Guest

"BigEasyViking" wrote:
    I'm glad that he's giving Moore a shot. Good Move TICE!!!
    It appears to me that he has no choice but to give him a shot.

I was reading an article about our former leader Denny G. and he is giving J.J. Arrington the starting nod regardless of what happens in the preseason. Shipp averaged over 7 yds/carry last game...I bet that makes him happy lol.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast