Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Re: tice rumor mill?

"vikes can do" wrote:
    watching nfl network and adam schefter was reporting that tice could wind up taking the university of Washington job if the vikings struggle down the stretch. tice is set to make only(lol) 1mill next year and tice still owns a house in seattle area, and kids born there kind of thing......do you think that tice would take the job even if the vikes made it deep in the playoffs? and who and how do these rumors get started?
    I'd chip in for plane fare.....

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

tice rumor mill?

I had been a Tice supporter until about 5 weeks ago, now I would not mind seeing him leave!

Never have been a Red supporter and would like to see him leave also!

If Tice does leave, at his next headcoaching job he will take that team to a superbowl and win! Just the way it goes when you are a Vikes fan!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

tice rumor mill?

Gimme a break....Tony Dungy wasn't all that great his first years as a head coach either.

6-10

10-6

8-8

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Del Rio Guest

tice rumor mill?

Your joking right?

He was damn good his first few years and he had shit to work with, nada. Hell he is the winningest coach in their history LOL.

He put a swagger in their steps, made them a contender.

Yeah he rebuilt the Bucs. He was and is a damn good coach. He won the superbowl, Gruden just took them there.

Tice is a moron, and even hinting he is as good as or on par with Dungy is a joke. And don't try and say Tice is rebuilding to the magnitude he had to deal with. Tice took over a fine tuned offensive machine that has a serious ammount of consistency in numbers. Dungy took over a bowl of ass soup, and turned them into champions.

Tice being here is only to save money.

Del Rio Guest

tice rumor mill?

I mean look at this crap

76' 0-14
    77' 2-12
    78' 5-11
    79' 10-6
    80' 5-10
    81' 9-7
    82' 5-4
    83' 2-14
    84' 6-10
    85' 2-14
    86' 2-14
    87' 4-11
    88' 5-11
    89' 5-11
    90' 6-10
    91' 3-13
    92' 5-11
    93' 5-11
    94' 6-10
    95' 7-9

Look at what he had to work with! Years upon years of total failure. Playing in the black and blue against mean to the bone teams. He begins to rebuild a FRANCHISE not just a team.

6-10 First year there allready better then most of their seasons
    10-6 Second year there you go nuff said
    8-8 The year is 1998 the year of the Viking good record regarding the division
    11-5 Oh no another good record
    10-6 and yet again another double digit win column and a huge ammount of consitency that they lacked in the past
    9-7 were expected to be contenders, the fell flat
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The bucs let his ass go, because they got a taste of winning and he had built them from ground up they let him jet.

12-4 Superbowl champs under coach gruden, using Dungy's team.

As far as records go the numbers you put up are damn good when you look at the history behind them. Besides Dungy coached here before we knew him so yeah it's a bitter taste. Tice is an ape I say don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

tice rumor mill?

Comparing apples to oranges.

Would you give Tice the same credit as you have given Dungy if THIS team went to the SB under a different coach next year?

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

tice rumor mill?

You are right Del Rio about Dungy and the Bucs.

He is a solid person and a man of conviction. With his qualities, he steps onto a team and focuses on a specific on that team and gives them an IDENTITY.

With the bucs, he built that team around a Defense. They were finally known for something other than sucking. It made them forget about how bad they suck or how bad tehy were going to get beat.

They could finally say "we are Defense."

Del Rio Guest

tice rumor mill?

No because Tice has shown no consistency, only mediocracy.

And because Tice didn't inherit a bad football team like Dungy. This is not his team. Apples to oranges has no play here. I simply think Tice is out of here I hope. I am still steamed that we didn't attempt to snag Dungy and instead settled for Tice.

I believe it was a move to save money not make the team better. People like him because he is big and goofy and acts like a hard ass, but he's not he is buddy buddy, and something isn't clicking just yet.

It's not apples to Oranges, if Tice took over TB he would have lasted 2 years and been out. If Dungy took over us I bet we would be rockin. You stated Dungy wasn't that good, and that has never been true. He might not be the best coach out there but he is sure alot better then Tice.

So lets look at this we have two coaches they have the same jobs in that they coach football at a pro level. One succeeded with less and one has done nothing with more. Who is better?

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

tice rumor mill?

If you want to see how good Dungy is, take a look at Tampa since his departure. Gruden wins the SB with Dungy's team, then turns them back into uber-crap.

Dungy, meanwhile, departs from his Defense First ways, and builds a scoring machine in Indy. Oddly enough, their Defense - Dungy's trademark - is as bad as ours.

Tice on the other hand DID take over a bad team. Green had been raping the D for years to build that Offense. When the O imploded, Tice got handed the job as Green pouted and left. Tice has had the kuxury of having a great Offense, but has tried to rebuild the D - something that obviously takes time and money.

Where Tice has fallen flat is in his selection of Coordinators. He makes some bad calls, but how much of that is due to bad information? If I were Tice, I'd cut loose both coordinators this year and grab a new set. The O is too good to be misused, and that D is a few key players away from dominance...under the right leadership.

Caine

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

tice rumor mill?

"Caine" wrote:
    If you want to see how good Dungy is, take a look at Tampa since his departure. Gruden wins the SB with Dungy's team, then turns them back into uber-crap.

Dungy, meanwhile, departs from his Defense First ways, and builds a scoring machine in Indy. Oddly enough, their Defense - Dungy's trademark - is as bad as ours.

Tice on the other hand DID take over a bad team. Green had been raping the D for years to build that Offense. When the O imploded, Tice got handed the job as Green pouted and left. Tice has had the kuxury of having a great Offense, but has tried to rebuild the D - something that obviously takes time and money.

Where Tice has fallen flat is in his selection of Coordinators. He makes some bad calls, but how much of that is due to bad information? If I were Tice, I'd cut loose both coordinators this year and grab a new set. The O is too good to be misused, and that D is a few key players away from dominance...under the right leadership.

Caine
    Just for the record, Dungy inherrited Manning, Harrison, James, Wayne and Pollard. All these players have played 4+ years together. Stokely is at 2 yrs with the team.

By the way, the Colts are 1st of 2nd in the league for RedZone Defense.

That is a huge stat for D. It means you are tough when it counts or it means people only score on big plays against you. Either way, their O lets them afford to cut loose and play that way.

Their D is not as bad as people make it out to be.

That being said, I just remembered they let Drew Bennett score 3 long TD receptions this last weekend. And I think Dungy is a good coach they are slowly getting better on D.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast