Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

tice rumor mill?

I have heard many say that Ty Willingham is also a possibility for the WASH job.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

tice rumor mill?

"so-cal vike" wrote:
    Please, oh please let this be true. More so let Tice take the job. Anything, just as long as that knucklehead leaves. His three-year plan is crap(even without the injuries), and most importantly his on-field decisions suck.

Don't get me wrong, people seem to like the guy(as do I.) He has some very good ideas about team structure, and how to create a team with some depth. It's just he's not a good head-coach right now.
    What is his three-year plan and how is it crap?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

tice rumor mill?

Tice had stated that he had a three-year plan to rebuild the team, bolster the defense a make them a legitimate superbowl contender.

In year three we still have a poor defense, a mediocre run-game, and can possibly miss the playoffs if the Vikes don't win the division.

I'm behind the Vikings all the way, I see them winning the division and even a playoff game, but I do have doubts of them being a real S.B contender. With the offense that was handed to Tice and the way the team is playing down the stretch, I'd say his plan is crap.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

tice rumor mill?

I will agree that his coaching decisions are pretty bad, but as far as his three-year plan is concerned, he is probably only a year off. He has gotten most of the pieces for a pretty good defense together already, but it looks like they need more game experience. The defense probably needs a good FA pickup or two for next season to bring it all together, but Red will probably keep the purse strings closed and f*ck that up too. Tice's biggest problem is that he can't make good decisions during the game and can't make the adjustments that are needed to win the close games...if he continues to fail to do this, he deserves to be fired. Next year will probably be do or die for him...unless Red can find some one who can step in and win immediately (of course, that would require Red to pay somebody, which he won't do, so we gotta hope that Tice figures it out by next season). I am willing to wait a year if that means that we go all the way...but after that heads should roll if we don't win the Super Bowl by then !
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

tice rumor mill?

I am hoping that Red will realize that win or lose it all this season that next season he needs to spend more money to legitimze this team in a few key areas.

Hopefully he sees it as good business practice.

I hope he will open up that ManPurse that he has to buy some defense.

Foreman44 is offline Starter

tice rumor mill?

I am hoping Red and Tice get the hell out of town :salute:

tice rumor mill?

"Foreman44" wrote:
    I am hoping Red and Tice get the hell out of town :salute:
    Or that too!!

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

tice rumor mill?

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I will agree that his coaching decisions are pretty bad, but as far as his three-year plan is concerned, he is probably only a year off.
    Then he should have called it his FOUR year plan. LOL. I'll buy the "one more year" idea only for the benifit of the doubt regarding injuries but, that mean regardless of how far they advance if there is no ring at the end axe him.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

tice rumor mill?

so lets see if this is right.......linehan was at washington, and they sucked. inbetween there and louisville he was at the raiders and they were horrible, and then at louisville they were awful until this year. now he is at the vikes and sucking at an all time high!!!! lol. has anyone gotten the hint that i dont like linehan? lol

Del Rio Guest

tice rumor mill?

Tice never should have been hired in the first place. It wasn't a hire on talent it was a hire for profit. He was cheap and easy and red liked that.

The year Tice was hired there were a lot of great coaches on the market. One of those coaches being Dungy who allready had ties to Minny. But the price must have been too high.

Red keeps Tice around because he wins enough to make a profit, and sucks enough to pay sqwat.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast