Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

tice rumor mill?

watching nfl network and adam schefter was reporting that tice could wind up taking the university of Washington job if the vikings struggle down the stretch. tice is set to make only(lol) 1mill next year and tice still owns a house in seattle area, and kids born there kind of thing......do you think that tice would take the job even if the vikes made it deep in the playoffs? and who and how do these rumors get started?

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

tice rumor mill?

I could see tice leaving if the vikings sputter again....But if they win a playoff game he would stay...

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

snowinapril is online now Jersey Retired

Re: tice rumor mill?

"vikes can do" wrote:
    watching nfl network and adam schefter was reporting that tice could wind up taking the university of Washington job if the vikings struggle down the stretch. tice is set to make only(lol) 1mill next year and tice still owns a house in seattle area, and kids born there kind of thing......do you think that tice would take the job even if the vikes made it deep in the playoffs? and who and how do these rumors get started?
    I heard this rumor last week also. I thought it might have been Linehan too. Isn't that where Linehan came from before coming to the Vikes??? I also heard someone say he came from the Raiders.

He told the MPLS media that he wasn't going to talk about it last week, and denied it. He said this might cause distractions and didn't want to talk on it. As long as we are talking about rumors, that is what I heard. The job also pays more than the Vikes Job.

RUSSELL27 is offline Rookie

tice rumor mill?

I don't think Tice will leave the Vikings on his own this year, unless they completly miss the playoffs, then i wouldn't blame him. But he seems to like coaching for us.

Toss2Moss84 is offline Starter

"snowinapril" wrote:
    I heard this rumor last week also. I thought it might have been Linehan too. Isn't that where Linehan came from before coming to the Vikes??? I also heard someone say he came from the Raiders.
    Linehan came from the Louisville Cardinals before the Vikes.

"Toss2Moss84" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Linehan came from the Louisville Cardinals before the Vikes.
    Found the answer on vikings.com

Prior to his tenure at Louisville, Linehan coached at the University of Washington from 1994-98. He was the Huskies offensive coordinator his final three seasons and had additional duties as quarterbacks coach in 1998 and receivers coach from 1994-97. Brock Huard joined the list of quarterbacks that Linehan has developed as he set career records at Washington for passing yards (5,742) and touchdown passes (91). During Linehan's five seasons with the Huskies the team advanced to four bowl games.

Linehan broke into the coaching ranks as an assistant at his alma mater, Idaho, in 1989. From 1989-90 he worked as receivers coach and from 1992-93 he served as offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach.

tice rumor mill?

I bet it is Linehan that the Uni of Wash wants and not Tice. Wouldn't that be great, Linney could give Tice a job.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"vikes can do" wrote:

God that would be the greastest thing ever to happen to the vikes. Unfortunately I don't see it happening at all. Why would Washington want Tice? Good riddons if he does go there.

DoubleDown11 is offline Pro-Bowler

tice rumor mill?

Please go Tice and take Linehan with you! Maybe you can work on your Chest Bumping with College Kids!
    something witty and comical... followed by genuine sarcasm.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

tice rumor mill?

Please, oh please let this be true. More so let Tice take the job. Anything, just as long as that knucklehead leaves. His three-year plan is crap(even without the injuries), and most importantly his on-field decisions suck.

Don't get me wrong, people seem to like the guy(as do I.) He has some very good ideas about team structure, and how to create a team with some depth. It's just he's not a good head-coach right now.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast