muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Tice on roster moves

"Well we're very pleased, according to Rob (Brzezinski), that the players that we wanted to get back cleared waivers for the practice squad, so we'll fill that roster out. We claimed Omare Lowe, a safety from the (New York) Jets who I have some familiarity with. He's from Tahoma High School in Seattle, Washington. He played quarterback there; he played at the University of Washington. He's played corner mostly and some safety in this league. We think he's a versatile guy, so we claimed him off of waivers and we'll slide, or attempt to slide, (Deandre) Eiland down to the practice squad. We'll bring back Ben Nelson and Ryan Hoag, Butchie Wallace, Anthony Herrerra, Ben Steele if he doesn't sign with Green Bay this morning, and then we are searching for a practice squad corner. It's hard; most of these kids, just like our kids, have been told, "If you clear waivers we want you back," and the familiarity with the system really helps those kids. So a lot of kids aren't willing to make a move to another team, so we'll continue to work down that way, but we'll sign back those kids we just talked about. As far as guys that didn't clear the waiver, looks like Derek Ross was picked up by Denny (Green) in Arizona. There was a point sometime if his knee got better we would certainly entertain bringing him back. We think he has some ability."

I count 7 that he listed for practice squad, and he was looking for a CB to put on the squad, so that would make 8. Unless I am wrong that the practice squad is made up of 8 players, that would mean no brock lesnar. I am not too disappointed in that. It would be nice to have someone with his passion and work ethic, around the players in practices. That sort of thing rubs off on guys. I am still absolutely puzzled as to why we let derek ross go? He has a ton of talent, we knew that as did many NFL teams, so how could you expect him not to be claimed? I bet anything, that if we would have cut rhett nelson instead of ross, that no one would have claimed him. It is a shame that because he isn't 100% yet, we had to cut him and hope he would clear waivers. He was a good fit here, with his old teammate, winfield.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Tice on roster moves

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "Well we're very pleased, according to Rob (Brzezinski), that the players that we wanted to get back cleared waivers for the practice squad, so we'll fill that roster out. We claimed Omare Lowe, a safety from the (New York) Jets who I have some familiarity with. He's from Tahoma High School in Seattle, Washington. He played quarterback there; he played at the University of Washington. He's played corner mostly and some safety in this league. We think he's a versatile guy, so we claimed him off of waivers and we'll slide, or attempt to slide, (Deandre) Eiland down to the practice squad. We'll bring back Ben Nelson and Ryan Hoag, Butchie Wallace, Anthony Herrerra, Ben Steele if he doesn't sign with Green Bay this morning, and then we are searching for a practice squad corner. It's hard; most of these kids, just like our kids, have been told, "If you clear waivers we want you back," and the familiarity with the system really helps those kids. So a lot of kids aren't willing to make a move to another team, so we'll continue to work down that way, but we'll sign back those kids we just talked about. As far as guys that didn't clear the waiver, looks like Derek Ross was picked up by Denny (Green) in Arizona. There was a point sometime if his knee got better we would certainly entertain bringing him back. We think he has some ability."

I count 7 that he listed for practice squad, and he was looking for a CB to put on the squad, so that would make 8. Unless I am wrong that the practice squad is made up of 8 players, that would mean no brock lesnar. I am not too disappointed in that. It would be nice to have someone with his passion and work ethic, around the players in practices. That sort of thing rubs off on guys. I am still absolutely puzzled as to why we let derek ross go? He has a ton of talent, we knew that as did many NFL teams, so how could you expect him not to be claimed? I bet anything, that if we would have cut rhett nelson instead of ross, that no one would have claimed him. It is a shame that because he isn't 100% yet, we had to cut him and hope he would clear waivers. He was a good fit here, with his old teammate, winfield.

OK, just saw that CB oliver celestin is on the practice squad, so that would make 8.