purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Tice to return

Contrary to the belief of some this season is not over :drunken: :roll:

I don't know we will ever make the playoofs maybe the playoffs though
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

Del Rio Guest

Tice to return

Oh my mistake we HAVE made the playoofs every year under old liney, it's the playoffs we missed.

Tice to return

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Oh my mistake we HAVE made the playoofs every year under old liney, it's the playoffs we missed.
    [size=7px][/size]

Well I'm glad you got that sorted out, now all we have to do is win
    at least two games and the Pukes loose three one to us and not only
    are we in we are division CHAMPIONS

And yes I like those apples :santa:

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

Tice to return

"purplehorn" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    I read that too....If he does come back I hope they fire Linehan or Tice starts calling plays....He is dreadful....although Tice may be worse.
    [size=7px][/size]

Under Linehan, the Vikings led the NFL in total offense in 2003 and ranked No. 2 overall in 2002. This season, the Vikings rank No. 3.

Dang Linehan sure does suck :roll:
    Hey, I could run this Offense and be in the top 5. Look at our Offense, we should be the 2nd highest scoring offense right behind the Colts, if not the highest scoring Offense, and yet we still fail to do it. I think the blame there goes to Linehan.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Tice to return

It's amazing, and considering the season, we probably don't deserve to be as alive as we are. We can still get the #3 seed. And from what we've seen out of the other teams and what we did on MNF earlier this year, we are probably the team that can give the Eagles the most difficult time if we were to get to that point.

Yes, we're on a slide, and it's very frustrating, but look at the other playoff contenders. We can beat Atlanta (although it would be difficult in Atlanta), we can definitely beat Seattle, St. Louis, and Carolina. We know we can take out the Pack. It's really just making sure we get to the playoffs, which we should. And we should make be able to win at least one, maybe two games. That would put us in position to be in the Conference championship, probably against the Eagles in Phila.
    We bring our A game, anything can happen. No goal line fumbles, and costly challenges or non-challenges. Who knows??? Although, I'm very frustrated right now, I've still got hope.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Tice to return

The rankings are based on yards. We've done quite well with putting up yards this season, however what counts is putting up points. Linehan does fine within the 20s, but when we get into the Red Zone, which is where play-calling needs to be the best and most effective, we do things like needlessly run a reverse option to Randy Moss who then throws an interception losing us the game.

Really as far as I'm conerned until they change the rankings, they mean nothing. Last season we creamed the 49ers 35-7. They still put up well over 300 yards of offense, which if that had been the average would have put them in the better half of the league as far rankings go, but you don't win football games with yards, you win them with points.

Linehan sucks, with all the weapons we have there is no reason why our offense isn't averaging 30 points a game.

Actually, I think teh Falcons are the one team we can't beat. We played Philly, on their turf, and if we had a decent offensive coordinator, or if Rosenthal hadn't have been injured, we probably would have won. The Eagles don't scare me, the Packers definitely don't scare me, neither do the Seahawks. As long as we don't draw the Falcons or the Rams we've got a shot. This assuming that Tice learns how to manage time-outs and challenges, and Cottrell and Linehan learn how to call plays. Linehan inside the 20 and Cottrel before the 20.

Having B-Will and Winfield healthy and at 100% gives us very little reason, I think, to not ususall have 8 guys the box.

Against philly, the only WR they have is T.O. who can't seem to do didily against us. Make sure to stop Westbrook in the passing game and we're good. Then all Linehan needs to do is use Moss's height and leaping ability like he DIDN'T in the first game and we'll be fine.

If it comes down to Atlanta vs Philly in the Championship game though, I've got my money on the Vicks.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

eelpout72 is offline Starter

Re: Tice to return

"magicci" wrote:
    Mccombs said Tice is coming back.
    http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5139942.html
    i wouldnt believe these words so much. If Mccombs was definite in bringing Tice back, he would offer the extension now and not wait in order to avoid creating all of this uncertainty. Of course, he will say things like "I support Tice" because he is simply trying to settle things down. I have no doubt that if the Vikes miss the playoffs, Tice is gone.

Also, McCombs has demonstrated that he can be cheap, but on the other hand he did pay off Denny Green to leave early. If his decisions were based on money alone, he may never have done so. (although w/Tice's low salary, paying off Green not to be coach may actually have been the less expensive option)

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Tice to return

Thank you for all of those who stated the obvious to PURPLEHORN.....

Therefore I don't need to adress it again....but I will.

Yards mean nothing....I think with a Madden playbook I could have this offense in the top 5...

It's a no-brainer...how do you have the most trips to the REDZONE inthe NFL...which we do...but not lead the league in points....

THATS INEXCUSABLE....We self destruct inthe redzone and that is mostly do to playcalling....That's everyone's beef with Linehan...

From Week one in Dallas....He called passing plays when we were 5 yards out...DUH, put MOe in there and RUN THE DAMN BALL...

we don't do enough of that..!!!!

He doesn't mix up the pass and run well at all....

There is no reason with all the weapons we have and the extra threat of Daunte running we should score more touchdowns.

TD's win ball games...

We should arguably be better that the COlts becasue we have taller receivers who can jump and a running QB....

Especially with that horrid defense why don't we run the ball more...especially in the first half until they can settle down and play like they are capable....that would be the logical thing to do...don't you think...

yards mean nothing and offensive prolferation should be based on an equation of third down efficiency, points scored, yards, and red-zone efficiency...

and we suck where it counts..points scored and redzone efficiency!!!

Tice to return

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    TD's win ball games...

!!!
    [size=7px][/size]

Thank You John Madden :roll:

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Tice to return

Is say more of a Denny Green