Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tice to return

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Tice to return

Mccombs said Tice is coming back.
    http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5139942.html

Eyesore is offline Pro-Bowler

Tice to return

Mckomes said......whateva...Do you believe him?
    Please do not read this. For office use only.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Tice to return

I hope he's lying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Tice to return

I read that too....If he does come back I hope they fire Linehan or Tice starts calling plays....He is dreadful....although Tice may be worse.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Tice to return

HE IS NOT LYING. He would have to pay all the assistant if another coach came in and replaced them.

Plus TICE is a cheap whore of a coach. Atleast we know where we stand. I am willing to give him next year to turn it around.

From the Star Trib (sid hartman):

While speculation continues about the future of Vikings coach Mike Tice, club owner Red McCombs made it clear this week that he definitely will exercise the option he has for Tice to coach the team in 2005.

"I can't see any reason why Mike won't be coaching the Vikings next year," McCombs told me in a one-on-one interview this week.

"This team has been slowed down by injuries, starting with an important one when tight end Jim Kleinsasser was hurt and out for the year. I think Mike has done a real good job."

McCombs has an option on Tice's services for 2005 at $1 million, a figure that would still make Tice one of the lowest-paid coaches in the league. All of the Vikings assistant coaches are signed for next year.

So No. 1, it would be difficult for McCombs to find a coach for the salary he will pay Tice next season. And No. 2, McCombs would have to pay all the assistant coaches who a new coach might not want to keep.

McCombs said he did hear a couple of times, but a long time ago, from Reggie Fowler, the Arizona businessman who announced his interest in buying the club.

"I doubt that Mr. Fowler has the financial assets to buy the Vikings,' McCombs said.

Regarding the interest of Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor, McCombs said: "Taylor has the financial background to buy the team, but it doesn't appear that he is ready now to make the purchase."

McCombs has been asking for around $600 million for the team. That's a price that Taylor and others believe is high, considering that Cleveland and Houston expansion teams sold for a little more but included new stadiums.

The late Al Lerner paid $530 million in 1998 for the Cleveland Browns expansion franchise, and at the time that was the highest price paid for any sports franchise in history. The next year, Bob McNair won a bidding war and got an expansion franchise, the Houston Texans, for $700 million.

"I'm asking the market price," McCombs said. "And the price is only going to go up because the NFL is doing so well with an increase of 28 percent in the future national television contracts that have been signed. By 2010 [the Vikings lease at the Metrodome runs out in 2011] the franchise will be worth a lot more."

McCombs and his right-hand man, Gary Woods, are convinced the Legislature will not do anything about a Vikings stadium until just before the Metrodome lease runs out and there would be some danger of the state losing the Vikings.

The Vikings have announced they will no longer spend the money (around $500,000 a year) to lobby for the stadium.

"We will have a presence in the State Legislature to let them know about our needs for a stadium to be able to compete with other teams," McCombs said. "Lester Bagley, who has been a full-time employee working on the stadium project, will no longer be a full-time employee, but he will work for us on the stadium."

McCombs, 76, said he is fortunate to be one of 32 people who own a valuable commodity, an NFL franchise. He said he will only sell it for the right price.

And he could add that he could hold out until the time when his lease will expire, and there will either be a stadium bill passed or the Vikings will not be here.

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Tice to return

grrrrrrrrr fire Tice and McCombs.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Tice to return

Hey maybe that will help the players relax and play hard....the rest of the season....

It couldn't hurt!!

Tice to return

wow this article pretty much says that the Vikings will not win a superbowl for a very long time. Cheap owner = no new players
    Dumb Coach = No Superbowls

Wow, I hope someone buys the team...we need an owner that will sacrifice a few dollars for the better of the team...McCombs probably has a 5 gallon water jug full of pennies at home. What a bum

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Tice to return

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    I read that too....If he does come back I hope they fire Linehan or Tice starts calling plays....He is dreadful....although Tice may be worse.
    [size=7px][/size]

Under Linehan, the Vikings led the NFL in total offense in 2003 and ranked No. 2 overall in 2002. This season, the Vikings rank No. 3.

Dang Linehan sure does suck :roll:
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

Del Rio Guest

Tice to return

We sure have seen the benifits of having a high ranked offense in all our playoof appearances under linehan.................................... :roll:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast