Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Tice re-thinks offense???

Whack we can run, the coaches just need to put some effort into it. I don't like us passing every down even if we have to it makes our QB a sitting duck and it makes it very easy for the defense.

Vikefan79 is offline Training Camp

Yeah...passing all the time is a great way to get C-pep injured and put our season in the toilet.

UkViking is offline Rookie

Tice needs to invest in the run game or the Vikes O is gonna be way too predictable.We need one of our RB,s to step up and take that responsibility.
    Fly the colour Purple,and fly it high!

NeumDog is offline Tailgate Bitch

The offensive line needs to gain some confidence just like any other player does. If we try to establish the run, and start pounding the ball, those guys might develop some confidence in the fact that they actually can open up some holes.

I'm not saying we become a total run oriented team, but we can't just give up on it right away. It needs to be somewhat established, and it will open up more offensive options.

Bennett is horrible. Seems like every time he runs the ball he gets stuffed. Either that or he's injured. Get rid of him. Give Me Mo the ball or C. Fason a chance, or good ol' reliable Mo Will. And why did we draft Williamson #7 overall for him not to be playing? Rookie or not, we obviously need his talent on offense, so get him in the game, and get him some touches. He could be a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. That will help keep defenses off balance. Another thing, why did we draft Erasmus James for him to set on the bench? I didn't see our d-line getting much pass rush this last game. Let's get him in there and give him a chance. Pat Williams did have a good game though, I was happy to see that. Our O-line better step up as well....and hopefully Culpepper goes shopping for some pocket awareness because he seems to have little or none. And if he'd start using some stick-em or something on that ball would be good too instead of fumbling so much. He had what 5 turnovers last game? Really hard to win with that happening.
    "We are Lions!!" - Achilles (from the movie Troy )

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

I hope this week T Will, K Rob, and E James get some playing time.

Here is another article on the Vikes about our offense.

Culpepper, Vikings search for consistency on offense

By Mark Craig

Minneapolis Star Tribune

MINNEAPOLIS - The last time the Minnesota Vikings won a meaningful game, Daunte Culpepper was setting single-season records at quarterback, Matt Birk was an anchor at center and you-know-who was pretending to moon the cheeseheads in Lambeau Field.

They were the faces of the Vikings' high-powered offense, three teammates with distinctly different talent and a combined 12 Pro Bowl selections.

Only one is left. Birk is on injured reserve and you-know-who is a Raider.

Read on:

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/sports/12658550.htm

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

"ShanePurpleBlood" wrote:
    I hope this week T Will, K Rob, and E James get some playing time.

Here is another article on the Vikes about our offense.

Culpepper, Vikings search for consistency on offense

By Mark Craig

Minneapolis Star Tribune

MINNEAPOLIS - The last time the Minnesota Vikings won a meaningful game, Daunte Culpepper was setting single-season records at quarterback, Matt Birk was an anchor at center and you-know-who was pretending to moon the cheeseheads in Lambeau Field.

They were the faces of the Vikings' high-powered offense, three teammates with distinctly different talent and a combined 12 Pro Bowl selections.

Only one is left. Birk is on injured reserve and you-know-who is a Raider.

Read on:

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/sports/12658550.htm
    Too bad the Hawkeyes got owned by the Cyclones. HA HA HA
    "We are Lions!!" - Achilles (from the movie Troy )

Toro is offline Rookie

So Tice is re-thinking the Moss trade is he?
    "This is a kick-ass offense" - BC

tosstomoss is offline Starter

OK here I go, a few shots under my belt. First we have the talent , lets use it!!!! lets run the ball, spread the field and keep ramming it down thier throat and when least expect it go FOR IT. To much time wasted in the huddle ,lets set a plan a stay with it ,change out our running backs and try to establish the running game. DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

If the Vikings dont address the personel issues of the interior offensive line, we are in for a long, cold winter. The Denny Green-Mike Tice philosophies are built around a solid line blocking called at the line of scrimage and speed on the outside and backfield - pick your poison as DG once said.

If the remaining personel is left in tact, a run-and-shoot like offense or possibly a spread formation is our best hope. This will allow us to leverage our strengths; pro-bowl QB in his prime, deep WR corp who all offer something different, and also Bennett who is a better receiver than runner.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234