Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Tice re-thinks offense???

"whackthepack" wrote:
    I am not saying that we should not, but what I am saying is right now with our backs and the way our line has not opened holes all preseason, is that we can not. And I do not want them to go into a game thinking they have to run, and we go 3 and out 5 more times!

If later in the year we can establish the run then great, but right now we are a better passing team.
    We will establish it. Like you have said, it was only 1 game. We got some good backs and decent lineman. If we are going to establish it, we need to get these guys on it now!

Skol Offensive Line!

Horns is offline Waterboy

You have to run the ball to hold the ball long enough to rest the defense. It's not going to matter what we do, if we don't give the defense a rest. We saw it against Tampa. Defense played great, but were worn down in the second half.

I truley believe Bennett has it in him. I would like to see him start a full game to give him some time to adjust. This running back by committee just doesn't allow a back to find his stride.

I'm another one yelling "run the ball" at the TV. Isn't it funny that we see it from home, but they don't. I guess that's why they coach and we're stuck yelling at the TV.

On a side note. Tice is my boy and all, but if he doesn't win at least one playoff game this year, he needs to go.
    Horns across America

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Horns" wrote:
    You have to run the ball to hold the ball long enough to rest the defense. It's not going to matter what we do, if we don't give the defense a rest. We saw it against Tampa. Defense played great, but were worn down in the second half.

I truley believe Bennett has it in him. I would like to see him start a full game to give him some time to adjust. This running back by committee just doesn't allow a back to find his stride.

I'm another one yelling "run the ball" at the TV. Isn't it funny that we see it from home, but they don't. I guess that's why they coach and we're stuck yelling at the TV.

On a side note. Tice is my boy and all, but if he doesn't win at least one playoff game this year, he needs to go.

Because we went 3 and out 4 or 5 times is why our defense was on the field so much!

You can move the ball by throwing 7 & 8 yard passes, just as easy as having a running back run for 7 or 8 yards!

The goal is to have sustained drives, and our running game will not do that.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Tice THINKS??? For him to "re-think", we have to imagine that he thought about it in the first place...and if he did, last week's performance must have been one hell of a short brainstormingl session...probably the time he spent on the can before their Tuesday practice!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Horns" wrote:

Bennett (or anyone else) will never gain any yardage if our OL doesn't start blocking...heck, Barry Sanders would have had problems running behind last week's performance of our OL! Get the line problems fixed and our offense will be just fine!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

If Tice really is "rethinking the offense" after one week, it shows that he doesn't have much confidence in it as well.

This is how keyboards get broken! EERRR!! :grin:

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

"whackthepack" wrote:
    I am not saying that we should not, but what I am saying is right now with our backs and the way our line has not opened holes all preseason, is that we can not. And I do not want them to go into a game thinking they have to run, and we go 3 and out 5 more times!

If later in the year we can establish the run then great, but right now we are a better passing team.
    No, thinking they have to run the ball is exactly what they need to do. Look every team that won in week one. Every team that won ran the ball at least 22 times. We ran the ball 12 times. Its not the only reason we lost but its a huge contirubutor. Did you hear Sharper talking about how tired he was at the end of the first half? Run the ball. The passing plays will be there with this offense. But run the ball.

[color=red]

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

"MensaTice" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:

No, thinking they have to run the ball is exactly what they need to do. Look every team that won in week one. Every team that won ran the ball at least 22 times. We ran the ball 12 times. Its not the only reason we lost but its a huge contirubutor. Did you hear Sharper talking about how tired he was at the end of the first half? Run the ball. The passing plays will be there with this offense. But run the ball.
    No doubt! 12 rushing attempts are pathetic, especially when the game was close.

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"MensaTice" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:

Did you watch the preseason? We have not been able to run at all, so we go into the game and we try and try to run and when we can not? my opinion we will be down by 14 points, and then we will have to try and pass to catch up, they then start teeing off and we are in trouble.

We can not Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I the only one that watched the preseason, or last season! Bennett is not cutting the mustard, he is not a star back!!!

We pass better than we run, so we should give up on what we do best and do what we have a problem doing?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Prophet Guest

Tice re-thinks offense???
    Doesn't that imply that he thought initially?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast