Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40
  1. #11
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Tice re-thinks offense???

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I've been of the opinion all along that the reason we can't run the ball is because of Tice and his game plan.

    It has nothing to do with running backs. Lineman love to run block. The problem is the scheme. You have a limited number of plays, you avoid run sets. Good running is an attitude it takes an attack mentality.

    I honestly don't think Tice could pull it off.

    You put memo, Bennett in Pittsburgh they have 1000+ not because the O-line is better, but because the enviroment and the coaching staff preaches, teaches, and supports the run first and foremost.

    Not going to happen, Tice is too sold on the explosive big shot, the big play.
    I think that you are totally right, I have heard you say it before, it is attitude. Even though Tice was a line coach and everyone thought he would love to run, I think he has been a part of this Explosive O thing for as long as he has been with us.

    Just by the fact that They went out and got all the WRs this offseason is proof enough to me that They didn't think the run game needed fixing. They might find out differently that they should have been. Let's see how they do against the Bengals and Saints before totally cruching the coaches. I am hoping that it was actually TB fault and not our teams fault that we looked bad on O.

  2. #12
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Tice re-thinks offense???

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    F*ck the running game, spread the field and throw the ball. If you do not, they are going to have 8 in the box and you will never be able to run. And when it is 3rd in long because you can not run, then they will be blitzing like mad men.


    Tice has to get over this smash mouth football he wants to play on offense, if he wants to do that then he should have went out and got some more lineman and a feature back in the off season.

    Our line is not solid right now, we need to use finesse not try to over power other teams right now.
    I think we need to establish the run to make an effective passing attack happen.

    Its like the Colts. The have an effective passing game because teams have to honor the run. Yes, I realize that they have Manning and Harrison. But, the key to that Offense is their running game and James; Ray Lewis said the same thing.

    I know we do not have James or the Colts O-Line. But, they need to figure something out so we can run the ball. Then we spread the D and run play action.

  3. #13
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    15,991

    Re: Tice re-thinks offense???

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    F*ck the running game, spread the field and throw the ball. If you do not, they are going to have 8 in the box and you will never be able to run. And when it is 3rd in long because you can not run, then they will be blitzing like mad men.


    Tice has to get over this smash mouth football he wants to play on offense, if he wants to do that then he should have went out and got some more lineman and a feature back in the off season.

    Our line is not solid right now, we need to use finesse not try to over power other teams right now.
    I think we need to establish the run to make an effective passing attack happen.

    Its like the Colts. The have an effective passing game because teams have to honor the run. Yes, I realize that they have Manning and Harrison. But, the key to that Offense is their running game and James; Ray Lewis said the same thing.

    I know we do not have James or the Colts O-Line. But, they need to figure something out so we can run the ball. Then we spread the D and run play action.

    Oh, well if Ray Lewis says it, it must be true!! lol

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  4. #14
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Tice re-thinks offense???

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    F*ck the running game, spread the field and throw the ball. If you do not, they are going to have 8 in the box and you will never be able to run. And when it is 3rd in long because you can not run, then they will be blitzing like mad men.


    Tice has to get over this smash mouth football he wants to play on offense, if he wants to do that then he should have went out and got some more lineman and a feature back in the off season.

    Our line is not solid right now, we need to use finesse not try to over power other teams right now.
    I think we need to establish the run to make an effective passing attack happen.

    Its like the Colts. The have an effective passing game because teams have to honor the run. Yes, I realize that they have Manning and Harrison. But, the key to that Offense is their running game and James; Ray Lewis said the same thing.

    I know we do not have James or the Colts O-Line. But, they need to figure something out so we can run the ball. Then we spread the D and run play action.

    Sorry Ultra I have to disagree, it has been proven for years that you can be a passing team to set-up the run, and it does not have to be a running game that sets up the pass.

    The Vikes have done this for years.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  5. #15
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Tice re-thinks offense???

    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    F*ck the running game, spread the field and throw the ball. If you do not, they are going to have 8 in the box and you will never be able to run. And when it is 3rd in long because you can not run, then they will be blitzing like mad men.


    Tice has to get over this smash mouth football he wants to play on offense, if he wants to do that then he should have went out and got some more lineman and a feature back in the off season.

    Our line is not solid right now, we need to use finesse not try to over power other teams right now.
    I think we need to establish the run to make an effective passing attack happen.

    Its like the Colts. The have an effective passing game because teams have to honor the run. Yes, I realize that they have Manning and Harrison. But, the key to that Offense is their running game and James; Ray Lewis said the same thing.

    I know we do not have James or the Colts O-Line. But, they need to figure something out so we can run the ball. Then we spread the D and run play action.

    Oh, well if Ray Lewis says it, it must be true!! lol
    Thats not what I was implying.

    I truly believe that on my own accord.

    But, I think Lewis would know if anybody knows. :lol:

  6. #16
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Tice re-thinks offense???

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    Sorry Ultra I have to disagree, it has been proven for years that you can be a passing team to set-up the run, and it does not have to be a running game that sets up the pass.

    The Vikes have done this for years.
    I guess its in how you look at things; your perspective.

    I just feel that a good run sets up a better passing game.

  7. #17
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Tice re-thinks offense???

    What has also been done for years and continues to win games is running the ball first and foremost.

    Not only that but teams knowing you are going to run the ball and trying to do something about it, and yet you still move the chains on them by running. It takes the wind out of their sails.

    Passing can set up the run, but if the team we are playing has a good LB core, you can kiss that idea goodbye. If you are trying to move the chains by the pass only, then you will undoubtably have a spy on the RB. Besides that if you are a pass first team it makes it easy to apply pressure on you.

    It's just a bad way to play ball in my opinion. As far as this season goes, I think Tice should just do what he does, I don't want him changing stuff right now. He can barely pull off what he has going. If he does make a change I think he should encourage Daunte to Roll out and run a few times, do not shackle him to a pocket.

    Oh and most importantly this


  8. #18
    UTVikfan's Avatar
    UTVikfan is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    814

    Re: Tice re-thinks offense???

    I agree that the Vikes HAVE to run the ball more. A TON more. I was screaming at the T.V. "RUN THE BALL!" But they laid an egg. Even Michael Jordan has laid an egg (true with him, it was only for a half...when it mattered). I have a feeling that this will all be forgotten. Its game one, against a truly good D, and DC. If Tice believes the problems are correctable, I will take him on that, for one game.

  9. #19
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is online now Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,152

    Re: Tice re-thinks offense???

    Simply being creative has its own postive twist on the O. If we could only run when not expected we could have a good running game. I agree with Del Rio wholeheartedly, a run oriented offense starts with attitude!!!!! We do not have O-linemen who are mentally tough and want to run the ball in my opinion.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  10. #20
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Tice re-thinks offense???

    I am not saying that we should not, but what I am saying is right now with our backs and the way our line has not opened holes all preseason, is that we can not. And I do not want them to go into a game thinking they have to run, and we go 3 and out 5 more times!

    If later in the year we can establish the run then great, but right now we are a better passing team.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Am I the only one that thinks this way?
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-22-2006, 05:17 PM
  2. 2006 Vikings offense=2003 Chiefs offense
    By PurplePeopleEaters in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 01:35 AM
  3. Re: I wonder what Randy thinks
    By snowinapril in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2005, 05:49 AM
  4. Big WIllie thinks
    By willieofford in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 06-05-2005, 12:42 AM
  5. "New Viking Thinks Positive"
    By jellovike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 10:39 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •