Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Tice re-thinks offense???

Vikings | Tice Considers New Philosophy
    Wed, 14 Sep 2005 21:45:46 -0700

Mark Craig, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Tice wondered allowed about changing their offense around "or the exact personality of our offense." Tice said, "I don't know yet. I know that we want to continue to do the things that we have done."

I don't know if I should be hopeful or scared :lol:

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Tice re-thinks offense???

"...I know that we want to continue to do the things that we have done."

What exactly have they done? Something needs to change. Start by running the ball.

[color=red]

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"akvikefan89" wrote:
    Vikings | Tice Considers New Philosophy
    Wed, 14 Sep 2005 21:45:46 -0700

Mark Craig, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Tice wondered allowed about changing their offense around "or the exact personality of our offense." Tice said, "I don't know yet. I know that we want to continue to do the things that we have done."

I don't know if I should be hopeful or scared :lol:
    Lets hope he doesn't want the continue the things we did last week LOL I wonder what he thinks the personality of our offense is? :???:

WWBGD

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Thats coach!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"MensaTice" wrote:

What exactly have they done? Something needs to change. Start by running the ball.
    Not to be arguementative here, but WHO is going to run it? And WHO is going to run-block?

Running is not our strength right now...everybody knows this. We don't have a "Feature back" that can go in and light it up. Nor is our "O-Line" showing that they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage.

Our strength is our ariel attack. We need to open that up...a lot...and once we do, we will open our running game.

I truly wish we had a back who could shoulder the load, but I honestly believe that our most stable back right now is Moe Williams. Neither Bennett nor Moore have shown that they WANT to be "The Guy". Until someone steps up and takes the bull by the horns, we are going to have to accept the fact that we are an passing team.

I know we all want the Vikes to eb able to run...but I don't see anything that leads me to believe that we will be very successful at it...this year.

Caine

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

12 running plays is not enough no matter who is in the backfield or how bad the line is playing. I love it when we throw the ball but 12 running plays doesn't cut it in the NFL.

[color=red]

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

"MensaTice" wrote:
    12 running plays is not enough no matter who is in the backfield or how bad the line is playing. I love it when we throw the ball but 12 running plays doesn't cut it in the NFL.
    Maybe he is "re-thinking" the running plays?

toemaster6 is offline Rookie

Play action pass, bootlegs, screen passes and get daunte's jiggly butt movin thats what I'm thinking. A little more help from the O-line would be nice too. Pull that rookie guard around the end with any one of our backs behind to possibly bust one for good chunk of real estate.
    This year the Vikes D is really going to find out if Farve tastes like chicken and to any Charger fans

THE CHARGERS SUCK!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Caine" wrote:
    "MensaTice" wrote:

Not to be arguementative here, but WHO is going to run it? And WHO is going to run-block?

Running is not our strength right now...everybody knows this. We don't have a "Feature back" that can go in and light it up. Nor is our "O-Line" showing that they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage.

Our strength is our ariel attack. We need to open that up...a lot...and once we do, we will open our running game.

I truly wish we had a back who could shoulder the load, but I honestly believe that our most stable back right now is Moe Williams. Neither Bennett nor Moore have shown that they WANT to be "The Guy". Until someone steps up and takes the bull by the horns, we are going to have to accept the fact that we are an passing team.

I know we all want the Vikes to eb able to run...but I don't see anything that leads me to believe that we will be very successful at it...this year.

Caine

Caine, I could not agree more!!!

F*ck the running game, spread the field and throw the ball. If you do not, they are going to have 8 in the box and you will never be able to run. And when it is 3rd in long because you can not run, then they will be blitzing like mad men.

Tice has to get over this smash mouth football he wants to play on offense, if he wants to do that then he should have went out and got some more lineman and a feature back in the off season.

Our line is not solid right now, we need to use finesse not try to over power other teams right now.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

I've been of the opinion all along that the reason we can't run the ball is because of Tice and his game plan.

It has nothing to do with running backs. Lineman love to run block. The problem is the scheme. You have a limited number of plays, you avoid run sets. Good running is an attitude it takes an attack mentality.

I honestly don't think Tice could pull it off.

You put memo, Bennett in Pittsburgh they have 1000+ not because the O-line is better, but because the enviroment and the coaching staff preaches, teaches, and supports the run first and foremost.

Not going to happen, Tice is too sold on the explosive big shot, the big play.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast