ShiFtY is offline Rookie

Tice Quotes on Kicking/Punting

Q: Was Chris Kluwe's performance encouraging?
    A: Well I'll tell you, the kid went out there and did a nice job. He looked unrattled and stroked the ball pretty nicely. It comes off his foot really big. He spent the day with a smile on his face and looked relaxed and poised, and it looks like he could be a good addition. Today certainly was very encouraging. He gets the ball off quick, and that's the good thing. The last time we had a young punter, he didn't get the ball off quick, and that was the thing we were trying to get him to do. We never could get it done, but this young man gets the ball off very quickly.

Q: You didn't hesitate to send Paul Edinger out for that 53-yard field goal.
    A: Yeah, I'll tell you, I think anything from the 36-yardline and in I'm not going to blink. I think he's shown enough consistency from 54, it doesn't bother me anymore. And then the defense is better so you're not concerned about them taking advantage of the field position as much. He certainly is a weapon; we need to continue to get him to be more consistent with his kickoffs, but the coverage was very good today, so that makes up for it.
    Man I'm so impressed in Chris Kluwe and Paul Edinger.

Major upgrade from Bennett and ?Anderson? !

Re: Tice Quotes on Kicking/Punting

"ShiFtY" wrote:
    Q: Was Chris Kluwe's performance encouraging?
    A: Well I'll tell you, the kid went out there and did a nice job. He looked unrattled and stroked the ball pretty nicely. It comes off his foot really big. He spent the day with a smile on his face and looked relaxed and poised, and it looks like he could be a good addition. Today certainly was very encouraging. He gets the ball off quick, and that's the good thing. The last time we had a young punter, he didn't get the ball off quick, and that was the thing we were trying to get him to do. We never could get it done, but this young man gets the ball off very quickly.

Q: You didn't hesitate to send Paul Edinger out for that 53-yard field goal.
    A: Yeah, I'll tell you, I think anything from the 36-yardline and in I'm not going to blink. I think he's shown enough consistency from 54, it doesn't bother me anymore. And then the defense is better so you're not concerned about them taking advantage of the field position as much. He certainly is a weapon; we need to continue to get him to be more consistent with his kickoffs, but the coverage was very good today, so that makes up for it.
    I would have to agree. They both looked really good.
    Even babies know the difference.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Yeah, DEFINITE upgrade...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

yah i was a little nervous about that guy i never ahd heard of back there punting, but he seemed to do a great job back there. now all we need to do is get our O-line straightened out and i think we'll be a pretty good football team.

Thanks Josdin

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

I was hoping Kluwe wouldn't play. :wink: