Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    bfld is offline Rookie

Re: Tice Press Conference: 12/26

He's going to be tough to fire because he's a nice guy, not because he's a great coach. How many great coaches were nice guys or players' coaches?

If the Vikings showed steady improvement from year to year it would be different. Sure there were some tough injuries, but that's not unique to the Vikings.

Time for a new program; and NOT headed by a players' coach.

vikoles is offline Coordinator

damn you really feel pretty sensitive about this him huh? LMFAO
    "The pen is mightier than the sword"

Del Rio Guest

He may be a likable person, and a likable coach, but he isn't getting the job done.

I hope and pray he either gets new Cords, especially Ted. Or he gets the boot.

His win over time plan must be on the 20 year deal. They haven't changed the offense since he was a line coach and yet he has a plan for the future.

I haven't seen one thing out of him this year that would stand out and make up for his failures.

It's pretty simple for me. I think the Vikings are an elite team, they have history they have character and they have a will to win. I demand excellence from my team. My team deserves the best coach we can get and Tice is not the man.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    He may be a likable person, and a likable coach, but he isn't getting the job done.

His win over time plan must be on the 20 year deal. They haven't changed the offense since he was a line coach and yet he has a plan for the future.

I haven't seen one thing out of him this year that would stand out and make up for his failures.

It's pretty simple for me. I think the Vikings are an elite team, they have history they have character and they have a will to win. I demand excellence from my team. My team deserves the best coach we can get and Tice is not the man.

Amen Del!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

SWAYZE74 is offline Starter

im seeing alot of the same comments on here...the "i like tice cause hes a normal guy"...normal guys dont win super bowls...good coaches do...

peace...
    peace...

Considering all that has happended this year, I think we give tice another shot, hopping we dont have as many injuries or off the field distractions...

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

"He may be a likable person, and a likable coach, but he isn't getting the job done.

It's pretty simple for me. I think the Vikings are an elite team, they have history they have character and they have a will to win. I demand excellence from my team. My team deserves the best coach we can get and Tice is not the man."-del rio

that right there is what ever Tice backer should read. I think hes a nice guy, and maybe all the players like em, but he dosnt get the job done and thats all that matters.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Maggici I loved your blame post. Now I wanna see Caine's version of that, lol. If Caine called Red by name that many times, I think the planets would wobble, stars would implode, Ragnorark{sp...and I read Thor comic books as a youngin', /sigh}, Gehenna, and the unchaining of the beast would all happen.
    I am prejuidiced, from way back. I wont' comment on keep him or not. Give him a chance to suceed or not. Can he coach or not. Just like him, I hope it is sooner. Like today, that I know. He has worked basically on a one year contract since he was interim coach.

The one thing I really do hope is that Zygi fulfills that wish, quickly.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

You Tice haters can put any coach in there in place of Tice & leave the rest of the staff there and see how far he gets.

I would guarantee no Super Bowl next year either.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    You Tice haters can put any coach in there in place of Tice & leave the rest of the staff there and see how far he gets.

I would guarantee no Super Bowl next year either.

UH HUH!!! :razz:

I really think Tice is a good coach.. He needs to be tough when he needs to be.. But he is a great guy.. One of the players really when he can be.. That's my favorite kind of coach

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast