Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

Tice Press Conference: 12/26

http://minnesotavikings.com/news_detail_OBJECTNAME_TiceQuotes122605.html

Pretty good read. I feel really bad the guy. I hope we give him another shot with some decent coordinaters.

Thanks Josdin

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Tice Press Conference: 12/26

I too really feel bad for Mike. I cannot quite put my finger on it. I never felt bad for Denny.

Maybe its because I look at Mike more like an ordinary guy trying to to extraordinary things. I really did not think he was head coach material when they gave him the job and its always seemed like he has faced an uphill battle.

Mike is a guy who I would love to have a beer with and talk anything but football; that is what sets him apart from the other coaches in the league.

I loved this quote from the PC: "The biggest thing that I told the team for me as a head coach, the biggest tribute the team paid me and my staff this year, let's put it quite honestly, we are lame duck coaches. I am the biggest duck you've ever seen, 6'-8", 280, but we are lame duck coaches."

The reporters asked too many questions about the future considering we have one more game left.

Plus, reporters ask some of the dumbest questions.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

My favorite comment from Tice is;

"A fine focus is, do I throw the flag and try to hit the official with it or should we go for it on fourth down." :grin:

Those flags he thows land near mid-field alot.

Just once I'd like to see him bean one!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

This makes damn fine sense to me;

"The program we designed over the past four years to win over time, not to win one year and then you can't win the next year. That is how Rob and I have worked together with the help of (Scott) Studwell and Coach (Paul) Wiggin and all of their staffs.

We have put this team together to win multiple championships. Now, we didn't get into the playoffs so I'll take shots for saying stuff like that, but that is what the design of what we have tried to accomplish has been. You can talk to Rob about it and I'm sure he'll agree, but that is what we have tried to accomplish."

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I feel bad for Tice, because early on I don't think he was put in a position to succeed. I always feel torn about the guy. I feel like I'd be happy if we brought in a new coach, but at the same time I think Tice deserves one more season. Whatever Zygi decides, I'll support the guy and I'll wish Tice a lot of success either way.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Bring Back Mike.

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

I always liked Tice, glad to see others do too. Not quite sure what will happen but he just always seemed like a good guy to me who wanted the best for his team. Too bad it didn't quite turn out the way he had hoped.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

yea. i knew all you people would have a change of heart for him. i knew he would be a good coach. it's not his fault that in years past we had a great O and no D, and no we had a good D with no O and a handfull of major injuries this season not to mention a contriversal trade of a certain somebody. Mike Tice can do it when his team is more rounded.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

I think the reason all of us like Mike so much is that there is a little bit of Mike Tice in all of us. He is just a regular guy and he has never been made into a god like creature like the way Dom Capers is here in houston.

I like Mike and I wish him well but I think Wilf should take a look around and see who is available and take the best man for the job.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

I like the guy too but the Vikings need a new direction in my opinion. I want a proven winner in here with an agenda!

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast