Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

TICE NEEDS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

"NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    "NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    So what exactly has Tice done to deserve this thread? Last time I checked the Vikes were 5-2 and sitting atop the NFC North division.
    Please feel free to be content where you are. It only bodes well for the Packers.
    I never claimed anything beyond what the standings were now. In your post, you are insinuating that the Vikings will choke down the stretch and the Packers will flourish and win the division again.

Well, I will take that as blind confidence and that will catch up to you real quick. The Vikings know that every game, every play is important. The Packers seem to believe that they can play like crap most of the time, yet somehow either Favre of God will come through for them. Well, last season it worked. This season is different.

Last season the Panthers made it to the Superbowl. This season they are 1-7. Just goes to show you how much things can change in such a short time.

And talking about Tice, would Tice have gone for it on 4th and less than a yard in the playoffs? Mike Sherman didn't, and it cost his team the game and ended their season.
    Yo, dude...I've learned this year not to try and predict anything. I'm not saying you guys are going to tank. Yet.

I'm just noting that when things do start to unravel, a leader is able to bring a team back to the drawing board, and get back to basics to stem the tide.

Sherman has had to do that this year. The jury is still out on if he is successful, and to be honest, if he'll keep his job (s).

Tice gets by on bluster and I just haven't seen him able to adjust when the going gets tough.

The one thing I've learned in the past several seasons is that successful teams kick it up a notch in the second half of hte season, and yet another in the playoffs. The Pack has the first one down, and has gotten done in by the second part.

I'm not trying to cut on anyone, except Tice, in that no one should rest on their laurels and try and make lemonade out of having a decent record when you're on a two game losing streak. That IS what happened last year. Now, we'll see if Tice has learned from it.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

I still believe it's not Tice's fault. No matter what he says to the troops before or during a game, the players are still the one who have to go out there and get the job done.

Now I will be the first to admit that Tice has made mistakes, but what coach hasn't? Some people are quick to point a finger at a scapegoat, who is usually the coach or the quarterback.

Monday night will tell a lot about out team. If we get blown out again, then next week against Green Bay becomes even more critical. But remember, Green Bay has to keep winning too. Sometimes I get the feeling that Pack fans think this is a given since they are on a roll as of late.

As of being a leader, I think Daunte needs to take this role on the field. I think players have more influence on each other than a coach can. A coaches job is to prepare them effectively for each game.

All in all, however, I think both the Vikes and the Pack will be fighting to win the division this season, again. But, for now, the Vikings are in the drivers seat.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

"Vikes" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "vikes can do" wrote:
    Acutally don't laugh we should have grabbed Mariucci. "
    [size=7px][/size]

I didn't realize he had a better record than Tice at present :scratch:
    Oh thats right he doesn't.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"purplehorn" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "vikes can do" wrote:
    Acutally don't laugh we should have grabbed Mariucci. "
    [size=7px][/size]

I didn't realize he had a better record than Tice at present :scratch:
    Oh thats right he doesn't.
    Once AGAIN!!

It has nothing to do with being 5-2 this season. Minnesota has beat all the teams they should have beat. Exception is the OVERRATED Eagles. The Giants game has nothing to do with me calling for Tice's head. The way last year ended is what has me wanting Tice to go. Don't give me that it can happen to anyone [parody]. The Vikings became the first team since the 1978 Washington Redskins to start the season 6-0 and not make the postseason. It does not happen to just anyone it had not happened since 1978.

Horrific collapse, in which a 6-0 start turned into a 9-7 record without a playoff appearance at season's end. The Vikings managed to lose to some of the NFL's worst teams during the slide, including the Giants, Raiders, Chargers, and Cardinals, all of which finished 4-12.

Look who we lost to last year. You have a season like that and tell me you want your head coach back. I'm not as kind or patient as my fellow Viking brothers when it comes to Tice. I think he gets out coached all the time.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I think that the one thing that changed from last year in Tice is he doesn't find ways out for his players.

Last year, he babied them and tried to protect them from the media, like LOS clipping stated.

"It was a departure for Tice. Throughout their horrific skid, he has shielded his players from blame. He has taken the rap or found an excuse for their losses. When they lost to the New York Giants, it was because they didn't match up well. When they lost to the San Diego Chargers, it was because they faced a hot-as-heck Doug Flutie. Tice has spent most of the past six weeks enabling his players when he should have been kicking their keisters."

He has been doing a lot less of that this year but then again we are not in the same situation.

The one coach that I would like to bring up is Cower with the Steelers. I would have fired his ass a long time ago for trying to stick with the Slash-QB. Any idiot could see that Stewart was not a NFL QB. He couldn't make reads. I would have yanked his ass. Anyway, Cower is the longest tenured coach in the league, 13 yrs I think. Cower has had many 10 win seasons and few disappointing years. He has a winning record. He is a decent coach, a players coach. He is consistant. Can you actually demand superbowls every year from him. He has taken them to the SB once.

I persoally think that Green got the shaft when he was fired after one bad season. I think Tice is slightly less of a coach than Cower. Tice needs to get a 10 win season under his belt real soon. He might get one more season from Red but after next year he is gone without a 10 win season and a run deep into thte playoffs. He was handed a Porsche and now that Porsche looks more like a Mitsubishi. Last year that Porsche look like a Rusty Yugo by the end of the season.

I bet if you put Jeff Gordan in that Mitsubishi and me in the Porsche, I bet he kicks my ass on the track. The person driving the car makes a huge difference, experience!!

Denny is driving a Mitsubishi in AZ. It makes for some close finishes but his experience counts.

I am not living in the past. Just using Denny as an example. He is easy to relate to because we know his track record.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

The records for some considerably significant coaches past and current in the NFL (first 3 years only).
    QUESTION: How many SB rings would some of these coaches NOT be wearing if they had been sh1t canned in their first 3 seasons based on their game records alone?

HANK STRAM:
    8/6---6/8---11/3

BUD GRANT:
    3/8/3---8/6---12/2

TOM LANDRY:
    0/11/1---4/9/1---5/8/1

MARVIN LEVY:
    4/12---7/9---8/8

DICK VERMEIL:
    4/10---5/9---9/7

CHUCK NOLL:
    1/13---5/9---6/8

FWIW

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456