Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

TICE NEEDS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

I think Tice has done a helluva job. He has had some really good drafts, good the most marquee FA in the teams history and for the most part has had us playing pretty well. Have we made the playoffs? No. Was he left with anything on the defensive side of the ball? not really. He has done fine, at least we aren't the freakin' bears! Give him a break!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Tice must go!

First I would like to say thanks for the great intelligent responses [no flames] to the topic.

I have heard what the majority of you are saying in the way of we are 5-2 and don't lose hope. I agree panic helps no one. My point is we have a young talented team and young inexperienced head coach. I can't understand why nobody is looking at who the Vikings beat and who they lost too. We beat teams we should beat! We've lost to all the competitive teams. In order to win the SB which is what all of us want. We need to start beating these competitive teams.

Eagles (Undefeated)
    Giants (5-2)

Granted the scary thing is we should have beat the Eagles. The Eagles are not better then the Vikings. On the other hand the Giants D is GREAT! I agree with everyone on this broad about the fact we lost the Eagles game ourselves. The Giants are the best team in the NFC East not the overrated Eagles.

This week againt the Colts without Randy Moss will be the test if this Vikings coach is for real. We should be able to beat the Colts we are much deeper in the backfield, and have good wr's. Our D is much better than Colts. If Tice gets out coached I will be sharping the mid-season axe.

Once again men!!!!!
    WE STAY THE COURSE!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Didn't the Eagles crush the Giants in week 1?

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Didn't the Eagles crush the Giants in week 1?
    Yes you are correct but they had a new QB and a new head coach! It takes time to get adjusted!

It's not how you start it's how you finish. If you don't believe that ask a Vikings fan from last year!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I give him this year and maybe next to do his thing. That is more than enough time to test drive this car. Either take it home or let someone else take it for a spin.

Actually I think that that would be great if he would say that. I will take the Vikes to the SuperBowl in Jan 2006 or someone else can have my job. SuperBowl or bust! That would be one hundred times better than calling your own home run. You would go down in the history books as a legend even if you lost every game after that Super Bowl.

Back to reality

But if we can't win it all with the team we have now and maybe a little improvement on the D. There are some questions RED should be asking himself.

Tice has found good talent and he has improved us. But is that enough? With the team that we have out there is that enough? I know every fan want their team to win the big game in January, is our team actually good enough to do it? Or do we settle for mediocracy?

On paper, we look better but on the field when it counts are we better? Could someone else get our guys to preform better on a weekly basis?

There will always be sceptics as long as a coach doesn't win the Super Bowl. Even then you will have that one idiot that says well so and so would have done better.

I am a vikes fan, so I won't ask anybody, but I'm just saying. The giants played us well, but I just don't see how anyone can say they are better than the Eagles who haven't lost yet! I guess we'll see if they are for real this week against Pittsburgh!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Tice must go!

"Vikes" wrote:

This week againt the Colts without Randy Moss will be the test if this Vikings coach is for real. We should be able to beat the Colts we are much deeper in the backfield, and have good wr's. Our D is much better than Colts. If Tice gets out coached I will be sharping the mid-season axe.

Once again men!!!!!
    WE STAY THE COURSE!
    Yes i like what you said, this is a test. Tice need to cowboy up!

Like Tice says, Coaches coach and Players play.
    The coaches need to put the players in a position to win this week. The certainly didn't last week. Players come in to the game to do what they were asked to do all week. Coaches provide that direction. Without the proper direction, it can be hard for a player to play, like swimming up stream.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

well, on one hand Tice is a players coach...he's always buddy buddy with the kids in school... I actually like that about him though does that attitude get the job done? can someone tell me one buddy buddy-type coach that got his team to a superbowl ring...? i am looking for those type like dungy and tice who you hardly ever see angry on the field.... i am really asking for an example and not being sarcastic.

On the other hand, here are reasons why I think Tice should be replaced if we don't make it to the second round of the playoffs this:

1. he used to be an Offensive linemen Coach--why...i ask, why were there so many O line penalties and holding penalties the first 3-4 games of the season... if that was his specialty, then what's Tice's deal... doesn't he know how to coach the big guys anymore.

2. he chokes when the vikes need to come from behind--he gives up...we saw it again last sunday against the Smalls...at end of the third quarter, the play calling was about as aggressive as a golf cart during rush hour traffic. A bit of this giving up happened in the Eagles game too (i was there), when Culpooper took the wind out of the teams sails by fumbling on the 1 inch line--the whole team including the coaching staff lost some hope. Also, we can't have a coach and a QB that both tend to fold when they are behind by more than a TD. That is just the plain truth for any team trying to win a SB.

in short, Offensive Line Coach who doesn't coach anymore and a guy who gets flustered by moderate wind.

other than that... i really like the guy. he just needs more balls.

later.

Calmwind is offline Starter

Hello this is my first post and from what i have read it won't be my last. I am a hard core vikings fan and it embarasses me to see so called fans freaking out after one bad game. So what we lost and you want to fire the coach and axe the QB?? Big deal we lost 1, lets move on. IN case you didnt know there has not been an undeafeated team thru a season in over 30 years!! So expect losses!! I saw the game and yea they looked bad but ill take the 6 to 1 ratio of bad and good games every season.Yea we lost to philly but that because the TO td got screwed up or we were in it to win it! There were legit reasons they struggled against the Smalls. Strahan was going up again our rookie RT for 1! Thats a tuff matchup and Dorsey did as well as any rookie could against an allpro like Strahan. We also have alot of rookies starting and playing well. They are going to make mistakes but they are making more plays than mistakes! 5-2 is good the be injured at alot of key positions! I miss Kleinsasser prob the most but our other TE's have stepped up and thats what will keep us going is our depth. So why fire Tice? I think he has help bring in alot of good players or we would really be hurting because we have depth!! All coaches make mistakes and make bad decisions even Lombardi! Good coaches overcome and so will Tice! As far as Daunte being benched that just makes me laugh. Bench a pro bowl QB who is in the top 3 of every stat but the int stat? I wont coment on it because those who wish this must have low IQ and wouldnt understand anyway. To end i'll comment on who i think is our best RB ( and BTW big # 20 Moe Williams was 2nd in the NFL last year on 3rd down conversions only behind #40 Kleinsasser who was #1 in the league!) Onterio Smith is our best RB in my eyes! The games he started last year and this year he scaored TD's! Thats the bottem line he scores! Yea M&M is awesome for a rookie and he has a place with us for sure but not 1 TD yet! Bennet is fast as any RB in the league but he is fragile admit it! Onterio had what 3 td's ?? and 150 yards rushing against KC last year! The other game he started he scored 2 tds and 140 yards rushing! Plus all the good things he did at the begining of this year plus he scored!! Again, dont frwak out after 1 bad game geez!!
    Purple Pride!
    Del Rio: "Football will go on, better players have left the Vikings, and better players will leave in the future.....the game rolls on."

"Calmwind" wrote:
    Hello this is my first post and from what i have read it won't be my last. I am a hard core vikings fan and it embarasses me to see so called fans freaking out after one bad game. So what we lost and you want to fire the coach and axe the QB?? Big deal we lost 1, lets move on. IN case you didnt know there has not been an undeafeated team thru a season in over 30 years!! So expect losses!! I saw the game and yea they looked bad but ill take the 6 to 1 ratio of bad and good games every season.Yea we lost to philly but that because the TO td got screwed up or we were in it to win it! There were legit reasons they struggled against the Smalls. Strahan was going up again our rookie RT for 1! Thats a tuff matchup and Dorsey did as well as any rookie could against an allpro like Strahan. We also have alot of rookies starting and playing well. They are going to make mistakes but they are making more plays than mistakes! 5-2 is good the be injured at alot of key positions! I miss Kleinsasser prob the most but our other TE's have stepped up and thats what will keep us going is our depth. So why fire Tice? I think he has help bring in alot of good players or we would really be hurting because we have depth!! All coaches make mistakes and make bad decisions even Lombardi! Good coaches overcome and so will Tice! As far as Daunte being benched that just makes me laugh. Bench a pro bowl QB who is in the top 3 of every stat but the int stat? I wont coment on it because those who wish this must have low IQ and wouldnt understand anyway. To end i'll comment on who i think is our best RB ( and BTW big # 20 Moe Williams was 2nd in the NFL last year on 3rd down conversions only behind #40 Kleinsasser who was #1 in the league!) Onterio Smith is our best RB in my eyes! The games he started last year and this year he scaored TD's! Thats the bottem line he scores! Yea M&M is awesome for a rookie and he has a place with us for sure but not 1 TD yet! Bennet is fast as any RB in the league but he is fragile admit it! Onterio had what 3 td's ?? and 150 yards rushing against KC last year! The other game he started he scored 2 tds and 140 yards rushing! Plus all the good things he did at the begining of this year plus he scored!! Again, dont frwak out after 1 bad game geez!!
    Purple Pride!

I totally agree lets just relax..... There going to lose some games ....Thats football chillout.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast