Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

TICE NEEDS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

"Vikes" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

Still my point is Tice is not getting the job done with the talent he has.

!
    [size=7px][/size]

I know he's only got us in FIRST place in the division off with his head :scratch:
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

DoubleDown11 is offline Pro-Bowler

If the Vikings somehow manage to piss away this season like they did last and fail to make the playoffs...
    I agree, Tice needs to go.
    He has never made the playoffs and some of his coaching decisions (ie not challenging TO TD catch to using 2 challenges in 1st quarter) are idiotic at best!
    I would say the only thing Tice has done well the last few years is the draft, but who knows how much Tice ahould be credited and then again not getting your pick in time 2 years in a row is a joke!
    something witty and comical... followed by genuine sarcasm.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Geez, 5-2 and the whole house is crumbling, eh boys?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Tice said and I will paraphrase this as best I can:

When we have the lead at half we win. We need to score and take the lead going into halftime.

What I say:

Coaching is a chess match. You go in at half whether you are behind or ahead and make adjustments. Then you execute and win.

You are not always going to have the lead at halftime. It takes coaching to come up with the right adjustments and be able to have your players prepared to implement what you want them to do.

This is a true test of how well a coach does. So far Tice is 0-1 this year in this situation. Let's give him a few more games and analyze this at the end of the season.

He isn't going anywhere anytime soon. For that matter, we may get next season to judge how well he coaches also, if Red gets what he wants.

I think Red was pushing it to sign him now, knowing that Tice may want more money the further he takes us into the playoffs.

Truth is we all need some more experience and confidence that we can come from behind.

That is totally new territory for our team. All the games we won this season we have been in front the whole time(1 tie in Hou).

We need to prove that we can come from behind against a respectable team, like the Eagles and the Giants.

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

"webmaster" wrote:
    Geez, 5-2 and the whole house is crumbling, eh boys?
    [size=7px][/size]

I say throw in the towel
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

Big C is offline Coordinator

Tice is a good coach. From day one he came in saying he had a 3 year plan. I think he has done an excellent job of this 3 year plan by building up a respectable defense and tweaking the offense (adding Robinson and Wiggins was subtle but huge). You cannot blame a caoch for turnovers on the field which have led to our losses.

The D was looking sloppy with the stupid prevent scheme and Tice came down on Cottrell for that and look how the D played the last 2 weeks. We criticised Tice for drafting a 4th RB and look how much that helped. We critisiced Tice for having too many TEs and look at the situation we're in now. Who would have thought giving Hovan less reps would actually make him play better? Who would have thought glassman Raonall Smith would be such a big part of the defense this year? Moss wouldn't be the leader he is today if not for Tice.

We are 5-2 without our starting TE and OT and a whole damn flood of rotating injuries. So please just back-off Tice's case and let him get to the damn playoffs and prove you haters wrong. :angryfire:
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Hello, Vikes. Glad to see you onboard, and posting. IMO, you shoulda been on at the first of the season, before we became 5-2, to rip on Tice. I am glad to see your first post full of content, care, and concern. I have a feeling you'll be more than welcome here. Tell me, if you hire Parcels for the Vikes job, paint him purple, and stick him on the sidelines with the same loosing streak he has now, in Dallas, wouldn't he look like Grimace wanting a Big Mac? Looks? The coach "LOOKS" lost? Looks like he wants a big mac? HUH? Last week, err, well, 8 weeks ago, Parcells was a great coach. Now off with his head TOO! Right? He can't coach, its obvious. Oh yeah, Parcells has what 3 rings? But he can't coach now. Give it some time. Tice is IMO doing great things but we will see. I sure as heck hope we don't see from the suckers that hire him away to have a 3 year plan like we had. Some bumps in the road? Yeah. ABANDON SHIP!!! CHEER FOR DETROIT THIS YEAR??? Um no. Its not like he is in Wanstedt's shoes.

mark is offline Asst. Coach

Tice did a great job af getting a lot of talent there but I dont think he's to good at coaching it.
    <!--
    sig -->

I would feel better and the Viking players would feel less pressure if the COACH would just say hey, it was our fault we lost. "We got out coached" The game plan sucked. Not "we have a different Identity without Moss"

Anyway you sugar coat that ID problem, it was game plan which is coaching.

If he would have just said the palyers didn't play that is different. He said we can't play like we asked the players to play.

Am I right on this one?????

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast