Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Tice Needs to Cut the Cord With Elling

Last year Tice had two rookie kickers, a punter and a kicker. He should have learned a lesson because he paid for it with bobbled snaps by his punter, and not being able to attempt a field goal over 40 yards. Probably 2 to 3 losses from last year were directly attributed to kicking foibles. He replaced johnson with a veteran, but now Elling is struggling in camp. He needs to suck it up and sign a veteran. Too much is at stake, including his own job.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

cheesefree is offline Starter

I have to give Tice credit for sticking with Elling as long as he has, but he is missing FG's from 30 yards in camp and still can't hit anything beyond 40 :shock: They should bring in a veteran as quick as possible.
    [b:6191debc1d]it ain t easy being cheesy[/b:6191debc1d]
    [img:6191debc1d]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p834fa46b07efd9e3efdcb7cb577f214e/f73f7170.jpg[/img:6191debc1d]

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Tice Needs to Cut the Cord With Elling

"SKOL" wrote:
    Last year Tice had two rookie kickers, a punter and a kicker. He should have learned a lesson because he paid for it with bobbled snaps by his punter, and not being able to attempt a field goal over 40 yards. Probably 2 to 3 losses from last year were directly attributed to kicking foibles. He replaced johnson with a veteran, but now Elling is struggling in camp. He needs to suck it up and sign a veteran. Too much is at stake, including his own job.

Just because a guy is struggling in training camp doesn't mean he isn't gonna be good in the regular season. Let the guy play in some games and be in some game situations. Elling has struggled for 4 days, not the whole offseason. He has actually looked great until the last 4 days, so we don't need to panick all of a sudden.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

well just have to see what he does in preseason. If he does well, then fine he can stay, but if he continues his lousiness like hes doing during trainging camp, hes out the door.

If hes out, we should get someone like mike hollis who i believe is a free agent. Hes the one where he nailed an end of the game field goal to send the game into overtime back in 2002 playing the bills.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

I don't know if concerns me a little after reading everyday how much he is struggling. Obviously if your kicker can't perform you most likely won't make it to the playoffs let along the superbowl. I guess we will have to wait and see how he does during preseason before we totally panic but I have to say I am a little concerned at the moment.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

So, who you gonna get to take his place? Vanderjagt? Vinitari? Grammatica? I bet not. I am sure, just like the punter if there was some talent at kicker out there, they woulda got them already. As it is, I would bet they looked at the situation, and decided he CAN do it. Do it well, even. Everyone was a rookie once. I couldn't spell a good kickers name to save my life, though. Maybe he just needs a name change.

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

I saw Elling at Training Camp and the kid looked wonderful.

He has skills but, honestly, I don't think he needs to see a kicking expert, he needs a shrink.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I am not thrilled with Elling but what choices do we have at this Point? Gary Anderson is still out there but he is only good out to 40 yards or do we what until some cuts are made and see if a more dependable kicker is dumped for a rookie or journeyman?

I am more concerned with Claibornes achilles still bothering him, I guess he has been really limping over the last week, and not sure if he is going to be ready for the season or if he is going to be 100%. :shaking: ale:
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I thought Gary Anderson officially retired? I really liked GA, I wouldn't mind having him back!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

First ask yourself the question. Is tice a moron? No? OK. Do I know more than he does about his kicker situation? No? OK. I'll go with his decision.

Keep Elling and work on him. Obviously there is a reason he likes him.
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast