Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tice to Miami!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Tice to Miami!

I hope Miami offers Tice a deal! Since so many people think he is a decent coach I hope he goes to Miami to turn there team around! I think he should share his coaching ability with the disadvantaged. Kind of like a missionary.

The Vikings became the first team since the 1978 Washington Redskins to start the season 6-0 and not make the postseason.

WE STAY THE COURSE MEN!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Tice to Miami!

That was last year....I think that Tice has learned from that experience. And it is not like we lost to BAD teams...even the Giants are 5-3 this year. Now if we start losing to teams that we are supposed to beat, then I will be calling for Tice's head along with you, but until then give the guy a chance...he is building us a defense to go along with our offense and to change coaches might stymie the development of our team. If Tice fails to make the playoffs, then maybe we can him, but until then, let's just see where he takes us.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Tice to Miami!

Maybe the Bears would consider taking Wannstedt back...I miss beating up on his teams. Or better yet, maybe the Packers will hire Wanny when they get rid of Sherman...that would be great!

scorptile is offline Starter

Tice to Miami!

the pack wont get rid of him...everyone knows this...just because they make late runs to make the playoffs...
    proud fan of the SB XLI champions.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Tice to Miami!

"cajunvike" wrote:
    That was last year....I think that Tice has learned from that experience. And it is not like we lost to BAD teams...even the Giants are 5-3 this year. Now if we start losing to teams that we are supposed to beat, then I will be calling for Tice's head along with you, but until then give the guy a chance...he is building us a defense to go along with our offense and to change coaches might stymie the development of our team. If Tice fails to make the playoffs, then maybe we can him, but until then, let's just see where he takes us.
    CanjunVike:

I would love to have a friend such as you. You are completely loyal to Tice and I respect your position not to budge on that. However I need to ask you how much time do you give him? I mean not everyone can be inexperienced and young on the team.

So lets breakdown the Vikings.

Offensively:I would say Veterans

Defensibly:Inexperienced?

Coaching:Inexperienced?

Ownership:Inexperienced

This is what the Vikings are a majority of inexperienced team members.

I guess my point overall is we need some experienced leadership.

I'm sorry I don't want Mike Tice taking lessons at Viking University: Majoring in How to become a successful NFL coach 101. Let him learn at the college level [Florida] or apply for the coaching job at Miami.

MEN WE STAY THE COURSE!.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Tice to Miami!

"Vikes" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    CanjunVike:

I would love to have a friend such as you. You are completely loyal to Tice and I respect your position not to budge on that. However I need to ask you how much time do you give him? I mean not everyone can be inexperienced and young on the team.

I'm sorry I don't want Mike Tice taking lessons at Viking University: Majoring in How to become a successful NFL coach 101. Let him learn at the college level [Florida] or apply for the coaching job at Miami.

MEN WE STAY THE COURSE!.
    Like it or not, you (and I) are stuck with Tice until the end of the season (at least), so we need to be constructive in our criticism (not call for his head)...Red (who isn't inexperienced, just stupid and an asshole) will not fire Tice midseason (he's cheap and it just isn't good business in the NFL to do so)...so we might as well stay the course (I seem to have read that somewhere), at least until the end of the season (which hopefully will result in a championship). I personally would take us going deep into the playoffs (vs. us making it to the Super Bowl only to lose, God forbid), and using that to build on next year. Next year is the year that we should be pointing towards more than this year...our offense will be just as good (if not better with Kleinsasser and Rosenthal back) and our defense will almost definitely be better, more cohesive and deeper at all positions. Next year is the year that winning the Super Bowl will be the only thing that is expected from this fan...so if Tice doesn't show enough by the end of the year, then dump him...and bring in someone who can take the reins a team on the verge of winning the Super Bowl in 2006...but you risk disrupting the team chemistry by doing that as well.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Tice to Miami!

"Vikes" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    CanjunVike:

MEN WE STAY THE COURSE!.
    I like the comments about the inexperience. I think it starts with Red. He may know cars and business but I think that he might be to involved and let the GM come in and kick the ass. This is about motivating 50 some plus players to play well all season as a team.

Point being he doesn't have the experience to be choosing an inexperienced coach. It would be nice to have a little more leadership on the team.

I have said before that I wouldn't mind giving Tice through next year, all or nothing and I would have him put it in the contract extension. All or nothing or I will resign.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Tice to Miami!

I will also like to say that maybe Tice would do better if he took on some more experienced coaches. Surround himself with some talent.

Also, we need some more experience on the D, atleast one free ageant with experience that is not over the hill.

Tice might come out of this OK.

With this team and the schedule we play this year. Anything under 10-6 should be seen as unacceptable. Not 9-7, 10-6 or bust.

Last year as well, there should have been a bar set for measurement as far a acceptable (not fired) and unacceptable (fired).

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Tice to Miami!

What Red get rid of Tice? (I wish) Red has the lowest paid head coach in the NFL so why should he fire Tice?
    can we clone Bud Grant?

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Tice to Miami!

I hear so many great things about Wansteadt. Sorry to say, this is a game of wins and losses, and he's got a lot more losses than wins. Both Sherman and Tice have him beat there. How could he be an improvement over either?
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast