Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Tice on local TV

"whiteboy" wrote:
    "ltrey33" wrote:
    "magicci" wrote:
    Culpepper does not suck!!!
    Oh no! I never should have said it...please please please don't go down that road! :lol:

And thanks Whiteboy and PPE.
    no need to thank me. you put thoughts i've been having in my head for a while now, i couldn't have said it better myself.
    Same here.

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

Agreed, ltrey. Lots of knee-jerk reactions. I like Tice, and wish he could stay on with the Vikes in some form or fashion...but his time has passed as our Head Coach and I think Wilf handled the situation as best it could be handled, given the circumstances.

He DID keep his word, btw...he told Tice that he'd at least let him finish out the season, regardless of what happened.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Even though I wanted Tice gone I see no need fopr the immediate firing. Waiting 12 hours makes very little difference and I think some unneccessary drama occurred. Wilf handled like a businessman and didn't take emotions into account.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I posted my thoughts about the firing HERE, but I only touched on the surface. I just drove 4 1/2 hours home from the game (Had a great time with Singer and Ned), so I'm kind of bushed...especially considering that I spent over 9 hours in the car today....

Anyway, about Mike Tice:

I respect the dickens out of Mike Tice - so much so that I wish he would read this post so he'd know. I think that he was dealt a lot of crappy hands, yet he never pointed a finger and never made excuses. He owned up to his own mistakes, and never tried to deny or mitigate them. There's two lesson many of US could learn from....Lord knows I wish Politicians would take note.

A lot of people here (in another thread that I will avoid or computers would melt) have made some pretty rude and insensitive comments about Mike and his firing. They forget what he DID accomplish, and under what conditions he did so.

I don't.

In my HONEST opinion, Mike Tice did one HECK of a job here. He took a sinking ship in rough seas, and made it home. He did so in spite of an owner that refused to spend any money he wasn't required to, and in spite of being saddled with sub-par help.

In short, I don't think too many Coaches would have done as well under similar circumstances.

Now, there will be those who will argue that...and feel free to do so until you're blue... Mike wasn't/isn't a good coach. That he can't/couldn't take us to the next level. I disagree. I've heard all the anti-Tice arguements, and I'm still a firm Tice supporter.

However, THIS thread is about a guy showing more class and more respect than he has ever been given in return. To go on TV after the entire world has been informed of your termination, KNOWING that this will be THE topic....that's not something you see every day.

So, good luck, Mike. I hope you land on your feet. And, where ever you wind up, I hope that they appreciate you more than we did.

Caine

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Thank you Caine for inducing even more sanity into the situation.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Just had him on ESPN, felt bad for big Mike.

He was on ESPN? I didn't see him. Dang, I guess I better stay up for the later sportscenter now!!
    It was on about 10 minutes ago.

So, if this is an hour SC it will be on in about 45-50 minutes?

Kinda sad the way he had to tell his wife by cell phone instead of to her face.

That kinda pisses me off. Tice was not even given enough time to tell his wife before it was released that he no longer had a job.

Zygi dropped a few notches as far as I am concerned. At least treat Mike like a man...christ!
    Christ had NOTHING to do with this classless move...so leave Him out of it!!!

Wilf was a dick for dropping the hammer on Tice so quickly...waiting until tomorrow to formally announce it would not have been too much to ask!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234