Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tice on KFAN

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Tice on KFAN

Tice was on KFAN this afternoon to talk about the Lesnar signing. I was listening and typing at the same time, and here are the salient points of the interview:
    Brock Lesnar
    -Brock wasn't healthy for the workout a couple weeks ago, which is why they worked him out again.

-Hard 50 minute "football" workout (no 40 times or anything like that), on his own for the first part of the workout, then against a couple of O-linemen that were in town.

-They will bring him along slowly

-Tice agreed that he's just a practice squad player this year, until he develops

-Tice mentioned the possibility of sending him to NFL Europe

-Tice originally thought it was just a wrestling media stunt, until he talked to Brock and his agent, and then changed his mind.

-Tice, in regard to the publicity they'll get from this signing: "I have Randy Moss and Chris Hovan, what do I need publicity for?"

-Says he's raw, and has a long long way to go, but he has passion and he has potential, so they'll give him a shot.

Kenny Mixon
    -Tice said they can live with a 2 week suspension, but he just referred to that time frame as "what was in the paper this morning. He didn't say that was the official announcement from the league. He did say that he couldn't officially comment on the suspension yet, as it was still under review.

Udeze
    -Tice just met with him within the last hour, and there working very diligently to get him signed before camp.

Hovan
    -Changed his workouts to be more productive to football specific tasks

-They will flip-flop Williams and Hovan. Both will play left and right tackle. both are better 3 tackle. Steve martin will have 15 plays a game, and will play strictly nose tackle.

-In regards to his contract: "If he plays well this year, he'll be a rich man."

Dolphins situation
    -They haven't had any conversations with Miami yet.

-Tice sounded very reluctant to trade any one of their running backs

-Said Larry Ned is a better pass-catcher RB than a strict runner, but his temperament (he mentioned that he is "tightly wound") is suited to special teams.

-Tice is against trading draft picks. In fact, he said "We don't trade draft picks".

Running Backs
    -Starting job is Bennett's. "He's one of the keys to us winning a championship. He's a difference maker."

-Moe will be a role player, and Onterrio will be the spell guy. Tice expects that Onterrio will be the most unhappy with this news. He said that Onterrio could be a feature back, and is a competitor.

Responses to Phone Calls from the listeners
    -Tice doesn't think that they have depth issues at LB. They like Henderson and Davis. Also, Trotter wasn't 100% healthy, and they didn't think that he'd bring in the chemistry that they wanted.

-"E.J. Henderson was born to play middle linebacker."

-Henderson, Claiborne, and "Let the best man win" are the starters. Battle between Donatarrious Thomas and Mike Nattiel. Raonall Smith has to carve himself a niche on special teams, and prove that he can be healthy for more than a couple weeks.

-Nate Burleson has had a great off season program, and hasn't given up the fight to be the #2 guy, but they really like the combo of Moss and Robinson, especially inside the 20.

-No health issues with Moss. He's added a bit of bulk so he can hold up over the course of the season. Tice is looking forward to seeing the kind of season he'll have.

-They have two goals; to win the division and to win the world championship.

-Tice is not concerned about his contract. Confused maybe, but not concerned.

-Red is not very hands on with the coaches. He's never mandated a personnel move. He doesn't not get in the way.

-Tice isn't going to openly criticize himself anymore in the media. He said that the media is going to do that enough already, so he doesn't think he needs to be that open, whether he's right or wrong. He feels that could undermine the player's effort, or the coach's preparation, and that's not the thing he should be doing.
    Well, that's what I was able to copy down while listening. The quotes may not be exact, but they're close. I'm not that quick of a typer.

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Tice on KFAN

Actually you hit all the points right on. I listened to the whole interview as well and thought you did an excellent job at hitting the important stuff in fact it felt like I was listening to the interview all over again as I was reading your summary so you actually didn't miss a beat when typing this up good job and Tice definately made some interesting points and it really gets me excited for training camp that is like two days away.

Tice on KFAN

wow thanks for writing that down!!! some good info there.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Tice on KFAN

"vikings_fan66" wrote:
    wow thanks for writing that down!!! some good info there.
    I figured that not everybody gets a chance to listen to these interviews, and there's bound to be some interesting stuff said.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Tice on KFAN

Nice job josdin00. :thumbright: :thumbright:

For us fans who live in other states and don't get local radio your efforts are much appreciated. :thumbright:

WWBGD

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Tice on KFAN

Thanks Josdin. I wanted to listen badly, but was tied up in a meeting. It just so happened to be with a Packers season ticket holder. He says this is our year..., and he's not looking forward to life after Brett Favre's retirement.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Tice on KFAN

thanks
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

Tice on KFAN

I feel your pain RK.... hopefully when i get older and go to college i can go to a college in minnesota . Thanks alot josdin keep up the good work. It's much appreciated.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Tice on KFAN

thanks

wv__viking__fan is offline Starter

Tice on KFAN

Thanks for sharing the information. Good read.
    Let s Go Mountaineers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast