Thread: Tice on KFAN

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Tice on KFAN

Just listening to Tice on KFAN on PA & Dubay and the general points are as follows - with my comments in brackets :

Birk : expecting to be ready in 10-12 weeks and fully expects him to be ready for the season opener unless he suffers any setbacks at all.

RW McQuarter - he is at Winter Park today and has impressed Tice. Marks him as being a good at CB/FS/ PR and brings a lot to the D. He anticipates a signing although he is not involved on the money side of things (looks like the spot is there for RW if he and the Vikes can agree terms)

BWill & Chavous- would liked the missing players to have been at camp and is disappointed that they're not. Understands that there are business issues but reckons they will be at TC. All he asks is that they are at camp with their heads straight so that they can concentrate on their job

Edinger - today is a FG day and the kickers will be practicing many situations - including when the offense does red zone and two minute drills, the kickers will then come on as in normal game scenarios

Troy Williamson - he's a quiet guy which is the opposite to what has been with the team before (draw your own conclusions from that). Like all rookies has made good plays/ catches then followed them with lapses in concentration. Has the ability to make the big catch

Onterrio - OS is disappointed that he has let his team and team mates down and has some things to work out. Tice hopes that the next time they all get together he will have sorted his issues out (sounds as if he is not in immediate danger of being cut/released)

Thats the general gist of it all
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Tice on KFAN

Looks like BWill will have one more CB to compete with when he does eventually get to camp...I sure hope that he and Chavous get their acts together soon.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

R-dubs is gonna come in and hook it up! I think somebody notable will get cut, B-Will or Kelly Campbell maybe?

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"AngloVike" wrote:
    Just listening to Tice on KFAN on PA & Dubay and the general points are as follows - with my comments in brackets :

Birk : expecting to be ready in 10-12 weeks and fully expects him to be ready for the season opener unless he suffers any setbacks at all.

RW McQuarter - he is at Winter Park today and has impressed Tice. Marks him as being a good at CB/FS/ PR and brings a lot to the D. He anticipates a signing although he is not involved on the money side of things (looks like the spot is there for RW if he and the Vikes can agree terms)

BWill & Chavous- would liked the missing players to have been at camp and is disappointed that they're not. Understands that there are business issues but reckons they will be at TC. All he asks is that they are at camp with their heads straight so that they can concentrate on their job

Edinger - today is a FG day and the kickers will be practicing many situations - including when the offense does red zone and two minute drills, the kickers will then come on as in normal game scenarios

Troy Williamson - he's a quiet guy which is the opposite to what has been with the team before (draw your own conclusions from that). Like all rookies has made good plays/ catches then followed them with lapses in concentration. Has the ability to make the big catch

Onterrio - OS is disappointed that he has let his team and team mates down and has some things to work out. Tice hopes that the next time they all get together he will have sorted his issues out (sounds as if he is not in immediate danger of being cut/released)

Thats the general gist of it all

Why would we not cut onterrio? He is suspended for 1 year and he only has 1 year left on his contract. Seems obvious he will eventually be cut. We can't cut him because of his drug problems(by rule), but we can cut him because we don't need him, which seems to be the case.

Sure hope we get RW. It would then seem that B-will would almost definitely be gone, since we would still have kenny irvin and ralph brown. And if the smoot signing angered williams, I am sure an RW signing will worsen that anger.

I think a lot of people will be plesantly suprised with what we get from edinger this year, as our kicker. He had a down year last year and made some adjustments to his mechanics, and since then he has been kicking like his old self. We got lucky to land edinger, after losing out on getting nugent.

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

the only thing we can do with o. smith is resign him or let him walk away after this season, we cannot release him while he is suspended for any reason... (i.e. byron chamberlain a couple seasons ago, we cut him the day he came back from his 4 game suspension)

"thepacksux" wrote:
    the only thing we can do with o. smith is resign him or let him walk away after this season, we cannot release him while he is suspended for any reason... (i.e. byron chamberlain a couple seasons ago, we cut him the day he came back from his 4 game suspension)

No, we can cut him right now if we wanted to. He actually hasn't been suspended yet. It was on either VU or KFAN that I read that we will probably eventually release him, but I don't get why we are waiting.

Remeber the cowboys cut carter last year, in this same situation, but said that wasn't the reason why they cut him.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    Remeber the cowboys cut carter last year, in this same situation, but said that wasn't the reason why they cut him.
    Think at the moment Smith is not suspended as he has appealed - someone correct me if I'm wrong. However as said with Chamberlain then he could be cut once he has served his suspension, in that respect the Vikes have nothing to lose as I don't believe he counts against a roster spot whilst he is suspended.
    Tice gave the impression that they would wait for his return, of course if all the RBs step up then he could still be cut or traded after suspension.

With Carter he was caught out on a Cowboys internal test- so maybe it was easier to just let him go as he wasn't under a league suspension.

If we get RW then that might just shake up Williams and Chavous to get into TC as they could then be out of a job.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...