Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Tice Interview on running game

that would be awesome if bennett can get 14 TD's in a season but thats kinda hard especially since he doesnt play during goal line.

UkViking is offline Rookie

Michael Bennett will have a big season this year and Tice will mix the running and the throwing to keep all opposition D,s guessing.
    Fly the colour Purple,and fly it high!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

The whole talk about us switching to a run orriented offense came very early in the offseason. Who knows, maybe we had plans on getting a RB, but it fell through for 1 reason or another? Or maybe it was pre draft talk, so teams would think we wanted a RB and not williamson? Or maybe Tice felt that Onterrio smith could be that feature back and would win the starting job this year?

Personally I think all Tice was referring to was the ammount of rushing attempts. It dropped significantly last year, compared to the season before. I think with jimmy back and hopefully a healthy O-line, we will be more balanced on offense this year. It would be hard not to be more balanced, since we passed so d@mn much last season. Lets face it, we had the best receiver in the game, so it was pretty tempting to throw the ball, especially with what daunte was doing. It is clearly gonna be harder to pass the ball without moss, so we will probably rely more on the run.

Don't get me wrong, I do agree we will still be the same offense that we have been the past 2 years, but more like we were 2 years ago, when we ran the ball more. We will still be an offense that uses big plays through the air and on the ground, and not a short yardage possession style of offense. I like the offense better the way it has been anyways and our O should get even more opportunities this year, with our improved D getting off the field earlier this year. We won't have to worry as much about going for the big play and taking a gamble, with our improved O. We won't be afraid to have to punt the ball and put our D out there, like we have been in past years.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I thought we ran a pretty balanced offence 3 seasons ago, when we were #1 in rushing (Tice's first year). From that point we have gotten slightly more focused on the pass each year, mostly because of injuries to RBs or key blockers. I think we will be around 50/50 rushing/passing (at least at the start of the season), versus 70/30 that we seemed to be running last year.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I thought we ran a pretty balanced offence 3 seasons ago, when we were #1 in rushing (Tice's first year). From that point we have gotten slightly more focused on the pass each year, mostly because of injuries to RBs or key blockers. I think we will be around 50/50 rushing/passing (at least at the start of the season), versus 70/30 that we seemed to be running last year.
    50/50 is fine with as long as we don't keep having to put all the pressure on Pep with 3rd and long situations like last year.:roll:

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

Tice has also said:

1) that he didn't scalp superbowl tickets

2) that there was no way the vikings would trade thier best player (in reference to Randy Moss)

i am more a fan of the running game , seeing a rb burst through the line untouched for 60 or 70 is way more exciting then the long pass down the field. imo

don't get me wrong , the long bombs to randy we're great , but i have always been a huge fan of pounding the ball .

pounding the ball is the best way to weaken a defence late , and (as mentioned) , open up the game for 8 in the box with play action .

nothing will put more pressure on a defencive back field then a dominate running game. puts alot of safteys outta place .

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

i think bennett's style of play complemented randy's kind of play exellently

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "UTVikfan" wrote:
    Did he just change his mind then Del?
    Change his mind? On what?

That he has been saying he wanted a more balanced run game for years?

No he finally realized he was full of pooh, and that he has no intention of making the changes necissary to do what he says he wants.

There is no reason to lie about it. You do what you do, and every team spends hours watching it.
    i don't see us winning the super bowl until we can run the ball more effectively. i don't think culpepper has the mental toughness to do it. he could start by cutting down on his fumbles since he's on pace to be the league's all time fumble leader.
    "We are Lions!!" - Achilles (from the movie Troy )

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I like to hear what Tice is saying! We really have no need to change up what we have been doing. We still have a great O line, a great QB, a good running scheme with whoever is in there and I think our WR's will be just fine with Nate leading the charge. Oh, and not to forget to mention our great TE tandem!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast