Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Re: Tice Interview on running game

Did he just change his mind then Del?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Believe nothing that Tice says until the season starts...he is just blowing smoke up the media's azzes for the benefit of the opposing teams. He will show us what he wants to do once the season starts...and our offense will score by both the run AND the pass...dominating all other defenses...while our defense will shut teams down...resulting in the Super Bowl championship trophy ending up in Minnesota!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

"UTVikfan" wrote:
    Did he just change his mind then Del?
    Change his mind? On what?

That he has been saying he wanted a more balanced run game for years?

No he finally realized he was full of shit, and that he has no intention of making the changes necissary to do what he says he wants.

There is no reason to lie about it. You do what you do, and every team spends hours watching it.

Vrehna is offline Rookie

Granted that the run game design isn't going to be changed at all, but I would think that the actual ability of our RBs has improved from last year. Losing Smith for the year is gonna hurt, but we still have talent. Last year our running game was awful. This year I expect to see some improvement, especially on third and short plays.

It's all going to come down on the front line. Atleast this year we have some options on where we want to run to rather than only up the middle. I wouldn't be surprized if we saw a lot of 'I' formation this year. I honestly believe that if our guys can prove that the O-line is solid, and the RBs can hold their own, Tice won't let that talent go to waste.

But like its been said, we will have to wait and see what happens when the season starts.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Play action :shock: What's that?! lol, I hope we do focus on the running game more this year than in the past, and some good play action would be awesome. Although DR seems to not think so...

Del Rio Guest

I love play action.
    I love the Vikings.

All I was saying is this confirms my thoughts that Tice and Co. are not going to be running a more balanced offense. :grin:

When I say confirms it isn't me trying to tell people HA told you so, it is a confirmation to myself. It just strengthens my own personal opinion.

I enjoy watching our offense it is amazing. Just a lot of people (sports writers) and such have been saying we were going to attempt a more balanced offense. Even Tice has said it before. I don't think that is the case.

I will be cheering them on no matter what they do. :grin: *just for clarification*

Banana_Fish is offline Training Camp

I wonder how sure we can be of the offensie statergy pre-taining camp. I guess how far Williamson and Travis taylor come along and how consistant robinson can be.. and oc.. how burleson will be able to do in double coverage will all have a significant say in the offensive statergy.

Anyways i wont pay heed to anything tice says till gameday

Prophet Guest

Vikings | Tice Backing Bennett
    Fri, 22 Jul 2005 06:19:38 -0700

In an interview with Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Tice was asked if there was a player on the verge of a breakout season and he replied: "I think RB Michael Bennett could be a player that could have a great year for us. He's had another exceptional offseason, and I anticipate that he could have the biggest year of his career."

Vrehna is offline Rookie

Injuries!

There is no doubt that Bennett can run. Thats never been in doubt really, but the problem here is how healthy can Bennett stay this year?

Some guys can get injured, and they are back to 100% the next week. Not Michael Bennett. If the guy gets hurt, he stays hurt. An injured Michael Bennett on the field is not worth much more than maybe 2 yards every 5 plays.

He does have a lot of potential...

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I took Bennett as my second RB in on of my fantasy leagues...I got LT with my first..

But I'll say this, MB is on bad azz running back when healthy......And from the sounds of it, thats what he is right now.....

With all RB's injuries are always a concern, just seems more of a concern with some than others.....And MB being one of the somes...

But I have a gut feeling this year, that MB is going to hit the season with a bang, and stay healty thru-out....If this does happen, MB will be one of the top 5 backs in the NFL this year...

With probably about 11 touchdowns, rushing and 3 recieving...

No matter what, I think our offense will put enough points on the board to win any game, that is if the defense can make strides with the new faces and the skill these faces bring to hold our enemys to lower points given up per game.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast