Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Tice is an idiot

The offense before half F'd Up. They had to know that they had to have that time out as soon as he was tackled. We still had time to run one Pass play for a TD.

That should have been conveyed and thought through when the play was called. Coaches should have been telling Pep that in the ear in his helmet when the play before the T.O. was called.

Actually, Pep should have known.

Where I think he was an Idiot, was on the last 2 plus minutes. Before we didn't sack Manning and we couldn't tackle Edge five yards before the first down marker (I said F**K), the coaches should have been discussing letting them score. It was when Johnstone put them in FG range the coaches should have said we have to let them score the TD and atleast have a chance for us to come back and score to tie and get a coin toss or score and the 2pt conversion.

JOHNSTONE put the dagger in our hearts. He gave them the 15 extra yrds and put the Liqueured Up Kicker into makeable FG range. The ball went from the 40 yd line to the 25 yd line. At that point the Colts didn't want to score or really run any offense, they were just trying to run time off of the clock. Johnstone wasn't thinking the whole game. He was jawwing at Manning and trying to indimidate him all game long and if it didn't work early in the game, I don't think it was going to work in the last 3 minutes with a forearm shiver to his head on a QB protected slide.

We should have let them score a TD on the left handed pass for the first down. On that play, if we would have tried a fundementally sound wrap up tackle with on the Edge, it would have been 4th down and about 40-50 yrds for a FG. It may have been further but it was still a chip shot for their kicker?????? Even if we would have stopped the Edge it wasn't likely that the kicker was not going to miss.

Tice is an idiot

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    Your 100% right Cajun. I'd rather lose then tell my boys to lay down. Ostensibly it may make sense but there's just something about it I don't care for.
    The long term ramifications of doing something like that to the defense's fragile psyche would be devastating...playing defense is all about attitude (look at Ray Lewis), you have to believe that you can stop the other guys at all times and to dilute that by saying to lay down is to say that I (Tice) know that you guys can't stop Peyton, so don't try...bad precedent to set for the team. I am glad that we agree.
    At the point we didn't have the time outs to stop the clock. It didn't matter about their psyche. It was a fact that they were to run the clock down and have a clutch kicker win the game with no time on the clock for us to score.

When Johnstone got the 15 yd penalty, we had about 2 plus minutes. Before that penalty we could have still played D but once that happened it was a done deal. Clock stopped at the 2 minute warning. Edge stopped the clock by running out of bounds and we took a time out. They had all the cards.

It wasn't about the Psyche at that point. It was about telling the D that Johnstone was a bonehead, VanderJagt is a hell of a kicker, and we will be lft with not enough time for to score.

Tice is an idiot

"Mossville" wrote:

To the peeps that think we should have layed down at the end, thats just stupid. For one thing, all INDY would have done was pick up a first a dive to the ground to keep the clock going and get the last FG...that is obvious by them taking a knee at the end. They had no intentions of a TD, just a FG.

not really this subject, but Nice tackling on 3rd and 5. newman makes a great play and we let edge break a few tackles and get the 1st.

Peyton = MVP of league. Daunte isnt even the MVP of this team, Moss is
    Hey, I agree it was too late once they got to the 25 yd line to let them score. The Indy coaches were smart enough to weigh everything out and say don't score a TD.

Before that, it was a different scenario all together. It was all dependent on the field position for the easy chip and the time on the clock plus our lack of time outs.

We may have been able to play D if we had all of our time outs. And before the 2 min warning and before they got inside the 40. We still had options before these things were all depleted.

If Johnstones penalty never happened, we still would have had the element of surprise. They didn't know if we were going to try to hold them at the 40 to make them kick a FG of 57yds. Or if we would have let them score. If the Indy coaches told them that we might let them score, take a knee inside the 10 yrd line at that point in the game. We better hire some of those coaches they are thinking ahead.

vikesls is offline Rookie

Tice is an idiot

The time to 'lay down' was when the Colts got in FG range. I think our defense would have been smart enough to realize that letting them score with time left on the clock to push to overtime was the ANSWER to winning the game.

Screw psyche. Its all about winning, not grunting it out on defensive football ethics. I'd rather explain what's going on to the defense and give them a chance to heal their pysche in OT. I'd rather have another mark in the Win column.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Tice is an idiot

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "PAvikesfan" wrote:
    i think tice coached a great game for once... though the next time i see one of our O line false start i will take a pot shot at him... he used to be a line coach and lewinsky still has at least one false start a game...sometimes three... but maybe that says more about that dumbass lewinsky!
    Was that Monica Lewinsky in there or what? I guess it was because the Lewinsky that was in the game sucked. :lol:
    haha... i figure people knew who i was talking about... haha

Big C is offline Coordinator

Tice is an idiot

I think the Vikes did a great job. Sure we lost but it all came down to a missed tackle (by two defenders) on a flip pass from Manning. Actually it wouldn't have come that far if Johnstone didn't pull off that idiot/stupid/effing personal foul. I mean someone has to win and someone has to lose. We got the short end of the stick because we made more mistakes.

How do penalties become a head coaches fault? Dante didn't have any time to do anything with Freeney ass-raping Mckinnie all night. How does it become Tice's fault if both Offensive and Defensive coordinators had lapses?

Oh well everyone is entitled to their opinion...
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Tice is an idiot

All I know is that McKinnie was Freeney's bitch on Monday night!! Freeney should have had 3 sacks, but he was offsides (which it looked like to me he just got a good jump). Hope he plays better against kabeer baoihawoiehoifsdfjasjwf whatever the hell!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Tice is an idiot

I don't think you can sit and let the team score a touchdown in order to get time to go for a score. That would mean they would have to drive all the way down the field with little time left and one time out to score a touchdown. They were close on that third down play.. it would obviosly been a longer field goal (at least a 40 yarder if I am correct) but the heads-up shovel pass by Peyton was what great quarterbacks do..convert smart plays. That was a back-breaker as at the very least the Vikes would get the ball back with time to spare and only needed a field goal to tie.
    fe4c0bdee276bad61c4dc5468ded7032

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

Tice is an idiot

. It was a very hard fought game that ended with a great defensive play but some greater offensive innovation with a left handed flip pass which was amazing to see after i accepted the fact tht it was against us. They won and played better, the first hlf mess ups hurt us including Tices lack of TO at the half
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123