Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sprewell27 is offline Rookie

Tice is an idiot

It may sound crazy, but I hate when the team I'm rooting for ties the game late in the 4th, but with plenty of time to give up the winning score afterwards. Games that come to mind include the Rams-Pats SB in 2001, I remember the Rams had a chance to kill more time but Holt(I think) made a good play to make it into the endzone to tie the game but it left a lot of time for the Pats to get the eventual game winning score.

Almost identical with the Panthers in last year's SB. And it happened tonight. We were down 7 with around 3 or less minutes left, and if Smith didn't break the great run we could have taken the clock down so much more, maybe even into the final minute before scoring(assuming we'd get a TD) or could have made Indy use their TO's before scoring to force OT or give them little to no time left.

I guess I just don't have much faith in the team's defense to make a stop, Especially in this case against the Colts of all teams.

Tice is an idiot

We did have the colts stopped earlier but manning pulled off that flip pass with his left hand to Edge. Then Edge broke a tackle to get a first down.

And that was on a 3rd down....so close.....I f that would have happened we would have had some time after the field goal to put something together....oh well

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Tice coaching

Well I must say Tice did try and coach his team out of the poor start. You need to look at the overall game. Indy did a good job confusing our D. Also Indy milked the hell out of the clock in the first half. They kept our D on the field a long time. Minnesota was nervous then settled down late in the 2nd qtr. The return was what got our minds back into the game.

I was so happy Tice showed some coaching emotion out there. I still think we got out coached but overall a good job considering the start. Tice is starting to get the kickem in the ass emotion face!! Not that "Ohh what do I do now wheres Moss to guide me face"

Also does Red fly to all the games?

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

scorptile is offline Starter

Tice is an idiot

actually the 32nd ranked colts D is better then everyone thinks they are...they stopped the vikings offense several times...i think the whole tempo of the game was in teh colts favor to begin with...well with that first play of the game fumble...cause if hte colts had recovered it could've been a bigger victory then it was...but i have to give props though..both teams played very well...and both D's played better then they are ranked..
    proud fan of the SB XLI champions.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Tice is an idiot

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    i think tice coached a great game for once... though the next time i see one of our O line false start i will take a pot shot at him... he used to be a line coach and lewinsky still has at least one false start a game...sometimes three... but maybe that says more about that dumbass lewinsky!
    Was that Monica Lewinsky in there or what? I guess it was because the Lewinsky that was in the game sucked. :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

vikesls is offline Rookie

winning vs pride in the D

In some cases it might be good to have pride in the D and let them try to hold them. But in this game they just couldn't. Manning and the Colts are too good. Sometimes to get the WIN the D has to take one for the team. Its a good illustration of how much work the D has in front of them.

I also think the refs were slow getting the T.O. the Vikes were trying to call. I saw Tice at about the 8 sec mark trying to get it and the clock kept rolling.

Where was Moss? I didn't see him. Did he make the trip even though he didn't play?

Mossville is offline Starter

Tice is an idiot

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    i think tice coached a great game for once... though the next time i see one of our O line false start i will take a pot shot at him... he used to be a line coach and lewinsky still has at least one false start a game...sometimes three... but maybe that says more about that dumbass lewinsky!
    Are you kidding me? His clock management was god awful. Nothing like being close enough to toss a jump ball with 9 seconds on the clock with one timeout and let 6 seconds tick off and call a TO and kick the FG. We could have took one shot at the endzone. Nothing like wasting a timeout TO when it was 4th and 1. Aren't you supposed to have plays ready for that type of situation.

To the peeps that think we should have layed down at the end, thats just stupid. For one thing, all INDY would have done was pick up a first a dive to the ground to keep the clock going and get the last FG...that is obvious by them taking a knee at the end. They had no intentions of a TD, just a FG.

not really this subject, but Nice tackling on 3rd and 5. newman makes a great play and we let edge break a few tackles and get the 1st.

Peyton = MVP of league. Daunte isnt even the MVP of this team, Moss is

Mossville is offline Starter

Re: winning vs pride in the D

"vikesls" wrote:

I also think the refs were slow getting the T.O. the Vikes were trying to call. I saw Tice at about the 8 sec mark trying to get it and the clock kept rolling.

Where was Moss? I didn't see him. Did he make the trip even though he didn't play?
    Actually Tice was telling Wiggins not to call it untill 2 seconds were left. You were talking about the 1st half TO right? I herd Moss wasnt going to make the trip to get some rest

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Tice is an idiot

Your 100% right Cajun. I'd rather lose then tell my boys to lay down. Ostensibly it may make sense but there's just something about it I don't care for.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Tice is an idiot

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    Your 100% right Cajun. I'd rather lose then tell my boys to lay down. Ostensibly it may make sense but there's just something about it I don't care for.
    The long term ramifications of doing something like that to the defense's fragile psyche would be devastating...playing defense is all about attitude (look at Ray Lewis), you have to believe that you can stop the other guys at all times and to dilute that by saying to lay down is to say that I (Tice) know that you guys can't stop Peyton, so don't try...bad precedent to set for the team. I am glad that we agree.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast