Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Tice has to go

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Tice has to go

"MN_Jet_Fan" wrote:
    Guys, I really believe your team succeeds DEPSITE your coaches, not because of them. Tice and Co really have to go. Question is, who can you replace them with now?

Maybe Ted Cottrell could be a good head coach. He's not much of a DC, I'm afraid. Good luck to you guys.
    I would rather have Crackhead Bob as the Head Coach than Ted!

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler

CBS sportsline has it right.... Read this

Michael Bennett is a doomed man in Minnesota. Bennett played two series and had 36 rushing yards on three carries, but fumbled twice. He was on the bench the rest of the game. Maybe head coach Mike Tice figures he doesn't need a guy who fumbles twice when he's got a quarterback who throws five interceptions. I'd like to know what Tice has against Bennett to pull him like he has twice this season -- especially after naming him the starter in the preseason. Oh, by the way, Bennett still led the Vikes in rushing in Week 2.

Daunte Culpepper will start playing like Daunte Culpepper again when the Vikings call more than 12 rushing plays in a single game. In both Weeks 1 and 2, the Vikings called exactly 12 rushing plays each (this excludes Culpepper's runs, mostly impromptu jaunts). You cannot fool defenses in the NFL by spending only one-fourth of your plays on the ground. Moreover, he has four capable running backs on his roster: Bennett, Moe Williams, Ciatrick Fason and the guy who should get most of the reps, Mewelde Moore.

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

Tice will keep his job for the year, and if we're not going to make the playoffs I hope we finish last in the NFL. Just think what Reggie Bush would look like in purple.

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "MN_Jet_Fan" wrote:
    Guys, I really believe your team succeeds DEPSITE your coaches, not because of them. Tice and Co really have to go. Question is, who can you replace them with now?

Maybe Ted Cottrell could be a good head coach. He's not much of a DC, I'm afraid. Good luck to you guys.
    I would rather have Crackhead Bob as the Head Coach than Ted!
    I don't know. It'd be a toss up. Hard to be worse than Ted, but Bob would probably forget the plays a lot, and most of them would just be random drawings of people. I can't imagine what our plays would be like. "Eggs". "Tim Duncan". "A Stick".

Oh wait, those are our plays.
    Have you ever had a Big Kahuna Burger?

Defensive strategy: I like my jugular.
    Have you ever had a Big Kahuna Burger?

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Tice will be gone at the end of the year if we don't drastically turn things around.

So who are we going to get as coach at the end of the season if a change is made? I don't see Ferentz taking the job and what coordinators are out there to choose from?

Side note: What is George Seifert up to these days? lol
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

6-KINGS Guest

"Del Rio" wrote:
    That could be true.

I like to believe a good coach could make it work. I have never been a Tice fan ever, but I think he should be here the rest of the season. I'm not impressed with Bennett, but i think he should be a part of our team for the season.

We made our bed, now I want to see some gol 'darnit effort.
    Ditto's Del

I have given Tice so many chances in how I veiw him.
    I try to be positive, but it seems his fruit is starting to show.
    To lose is one thing, but to lose like this with a complete lack of effort is a direct reflection on the focus of the head coach.
    To take the field and play like that for 4 quarters. Without fearing going back to the sidelines where "The Man'" is standing. Something is fundamentally wrong.
    We keep hearing how the team loves Tice, but to play like this is a reflection on how little he has taught them in the basics of teamwork.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

To those that keep saying its just 2 games. Its not just two games. Its two years in a row of season collapses and a team that isn't ready to play this year at the beginning of the season.

To those that say keep him to the end of this season. Why? For what reason? So we maybe can squeak out a win in the NFC North just to get our ass handed to us when we face a real playoff team? I say let a new coach start putting together a new team now. Why waste another year? I think a new coach coming in would have just as good a chance of taking the NFC North, as weak as it is, as keeping Tice and company will.

WWBGD

lilvikes33 is offline Training Camp

I've always liked Tice and i still do. He is a players coach but im begining to think that he is not the answer. Obviously the players like him if they are taking all the blame.... i wish there was some way that we could move him back down to O line coach, bring in Dikta and find a new O coordinater. That would be the ideal situation for me.

eelpout72 is offline Starter

From the USC website:

"He entered the NFL in 1984 as the defensive backs coach of the Buffalo Bills, then held a similar position with the Minnesota Vikings for 5 seasons (1985-89). The Vikings advanced to the playoffs his last 3 years there, getting to the NFC Championship game in 1987. The 1988 team was 11-5 in the regular season and the 1989 squad won the NFC Central Division crown with a 10-6 mark. His secondary averaged 25 interceptions a season and led the NFL in passing defense in 1989."

Get Pete Carroll back here!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678