Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tice has to go

Prophet Guest

Re: TICE HAS TO GO

Maybe a Nick Sabanesque move is just what the Vikings need. It's way too early in the season to give up, so find some people that can lead the team. What's the worse that could happen? Starting off the season with a 13-24 loss to TB in our house followed by a 29 pt pounding from the Bengals is definitely not a good start by anyones standards. At a minimum, the fans could at least have hope if some changes were made. Pull the plug.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Tice just doesn't seem to respond well to pressure. The past couple of years, there's been the pressure of following up a fast start, and the high expectations associated with that. We all saw how well he responded.

This year, there were high expectations of the team because of all the personel moves. Plus, Tice has the pressure of knowing his job is on the line if his team doesn't perform. Early indications are that he didn't learn anything about dealing with pressure over the offseason.

Now, I've always been one to council patience when talking about Tice. I've always felt that he was real close to putting it all together, and that he was just promoted into the job too soon. I've thought that once everything clicked in his head, he could be a good coach.

This is the season where he has to put it together, but so far, the only click I've heard is Zygi's pen as he gets ready to put Tice's name on a pink slip.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    I agree mensa...I dont think we should cut tice now, but looney? he can vanish for all i care, the guy cannot run a offense in a game, its plain and simple.
    Loney can run an offense & has in college, but why can't he do it in the pro's? He has not demonstrated that ability here yet. Here's his bio;

A native of Marshalltown, IA, Loney was the offensive coordinator and offensive line coach at Iowa State for a total of 5 years - from ‘95-97 and again from ‘00-01. Most recently, Loney's offenses were key in Iowa State's back-to-back bowl seasons in ‘00-01. In 2001, the Cyclones' offense averaged 423.1 yards per game and 26.9 points per game, enough to vault them to the 2001 Mainstay Independence Bowl. The Cyclones' 2000 Insight.com Bowl unit averaged 424.4 yards per game, the third-best total in school history. Under Loney, the Cyclones' offense produced a 1,000-yard rusher and 2,000-yard passer in '00 and '01 respectively. The offensive line was solid under Loney, allowing just 7.0 sacks in '00, the 2nd- lowest sack total nationally.

From ‘98-99 Loney served as offensive coordinator and offensive line coach at the University of Minnesota under head coach Glen Mason. In '99, the Golden Gophers finished 2nd in the Big Ten and 11th in the nation in rushing offense. Minnesota averaged 415.4 offensive yards per game and 31.6 points per game that same year. In addition to setting 5 school offensive records in '99, Loney's offense produced All-Big Ten 1st-team rusher Thomas Hamner (1,362 yards) and 1st-team All-American center Ben Hamilton.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

I think firing is too good for Tice. I think he should be stripped down, put in one of those stockade things somewhere up North, repeated doused with water and be forced to watch the first two games of this season over and over again, throughout the entire winter...

I think that we need someone, anyone NOW! If this it the year we need to get the new coach used to his team, take it...it's either this year or next year. The sooner we give our team to someone else, the sooner we have a chance of winning. We've had entirely too many examples of how Tice cannot coach for anyone to be able to delude themselves into thinking that he can. Yes, the players like him, but they like to win a whole lot more...

As for Birk, he was injured...the coaches should've made some sort of attempt to either get him to play or replace him.

Is Tice still letting the rookie quarterback talk into Daunte's earpiece? Seeing Daunte's numbers, I would guess the answer is 'yes'.

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

Tice would be a better OC or O line coach. The only thing Loney can do is the O Line. I hope they make a change sooner rather than later. This is all because of tight butt Red!

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

even if Tice somehow gets his shit together and we end strong with even a playoff win, i'd say replace him. we will not be able to win a SB with him and the current coaching staff. talented players with bad coaching is worst than mediocre players and good coaching.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"RK" wrote:
    Wilf doesn't owe Tice anything. He was just baggage that came along with the purchase. Lose him now.
    Have you ever lost baggage at the airport?

I think we lost the wrong baggage over the summer, Moss.

Maybe we could get the airline to lose Tice on the next away game.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

"ShanePurpleBlood" wrote:
    Tice would be a better OC or O line coach. The only thing Loney can do is the O Line. I hope they make a change sooner rather than later. This is all because of tight butt Red!
    Tice cannot be the OC. I've said many times he's the only head coach in the league not qualified to be anoffensive or defensive coordinator. Its pathetic. In an earlier post I said that he will be gone but I don't know if its the best idea to do it now. Mainly because i don't know how the team would respond. After reading some other posts, I wouldn't be opposed to him leaving now, but I just don't see it happening at this point. Loney needs to go now. He has no business being in that position.

I agree completely about this being because of Red. Red was so cheap, we have a minimum wage HC and never hired an OC. We promoted our O-Line coach and he's still making O-Line coach money.

[color=red]

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

It's funny that we have a head coach and an offensive coordinator that were both once offensive line coaches, and as of now that seems to be our biggest weakness.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"JDogg926" wrote:
    It's funny that we have a head coach and an offensive coordinator that were both once offensive line coaches, and as of now that seems to be our biggest weakness.
    How true, I have said that before.

How do you expect a person to compose a paragraph(head coach) when he can't write a sentence(o line)?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast