Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tice has to go

TMAC604 is offline Starter

Tice has to go

This should be Tice's last year as coach. We need a coach with some identity (Get Jimmy Johnson or someone with attitude)

Matt Birk should also be cut for fucking around with these surguries and not getting thing done right (You guys thought Moss was selfish)

Looks like M.Bennet has played his last year with us. (I was wondering why the Vikings were looking at Cendric Bensen in the draft - Because our backs cant run with 8 men in the box)

SJHILL is offline Starter

Re: TICE HAS TO GO

I like Tice, but if Wilf fired him right now, I'd be happy. I'd rather get a new coach right now then wait until the end of the year, even though if we get a new coach now, we could almost kiss away any playoff thoughts. I still think 10 wins isn't out of the question, but 8 or 9 more reasonable.

Del Rio Guest

Matt Birk wanted to help the team, I wouldn't be surprised if he was guilted into coming back too soon. You going to cut a pro-bowl center off your O-line that is one of the worst in the league, because you are mad that he was playing through pain due to the fact that no one else is better then him on our line EVEN when he is hurt?

Yeah I don't think so.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Ya deff gotta keep birk. But tice on the other hand, unless he leads us back to a amazing finish and our team starts improving alot every week...get him out of here. I want a coach that is defensive minded, used to winning, and will get the job done. Not someone from within our coaching staff who isnt head coach material.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

I think the way Birk handled the situation was selfish but cutting him is a terrible idea for a lot of reasons. Before Tice gets the axe, Loney needs to go. I think its too early in the season to fire the head coach, but unless there is some kind of miracle, this is definitely his last season. Loney must get demoted to just the offensive line coach ASAP.

[color=red]

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I agree mensa...I dont think we should cut tice now, but looney? he can vanish for all i care, the guy cannot run a offense in a game, its plain and simple.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Judging from some of the looks on his face lately, I think Tice has already WENT...in his Depends!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Why do we have to wait for Tice to blow the rest of this season before getting rid of him? Some of us on this board were calling for his head last year and now most everyone understands why. You are dreaming if you think Tice can salvage anything. He is not a good enough coach to do that. How many late season slides did he salvage?? NONE Two years in a row. Even if we manage to beat the Saints that is not a turn around. Does anyone really think we can beat any of the elite teams in the NFL? If I owned this team Tice would be emptying his desk today along with Loney. Wilf doesn't owe Tice anything. He was just baggage that came along with the purchase. Lose him now. Its not like we can get any worse.

WWBGD

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

New canidate for coach, Tom Moore, o coordinator for the colts, MN native. He might be a good fit.

Gray out of buffalo, I think he would also make a good HC and the last pick would be Linhan, daunte could sure use him right now.

Blitzkrieg is offline Training Camp

Cutting Birk would be absurd, don't think anything else needs to be said about that.

As far as the coaching situation goes, buh-bye Tice. It's just a matter of time, hope it's sooner rather than later. As far as his (not to mention BOTH coordinators) replacement goes, I could list names like everyone else, but chances are it'll end up being someone we're not expecting. We can only hope that they're proven winners. Breaking news, the Texans' O Coordinator was just canned, so don't think it can't happen here :smile:

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast