Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 59 of 59
  1. #51
    UTVikfan's Avatar
    UTVikfan is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    814

    Re: Is Tice the guy?

    I am a Tice fan and have been all along. We will see how Tice does, now that we have an owner. We will see how the "GREAT COACH Belicheck" does this year. That is all I have to say.

  2. #52
    Vikes's Avatar
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,733

    Re: Is Tice the guy?

    "collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    so it's all tices fault when the offensive coordinator screws up? or when goldberg causes 3 penalties to have touch downs called back? it's tices fault that we had one of the lowest payrolls in football and he was supposed to win with that? and the whole ticket scalping thing was explained in the paper.
    YES YES YES......

    The good teams are mentally tough (focused)!!!!

    Do you see NE having these sorts of problems? I mean look at the way that team plays. You can say hey they have all these great guys blah blah blah. NO they don't.... they are prepared for the GAME. Thats the difference!

    Does NE have CAP problems? So don't give me that payroll crap. Spending BIG money does not guarantee more wins. Look at what the owner of the Skins does every year spend spend spend. What does he get goose eggs.

    It's about surrounding your team with focused people.
    300

    The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

    300

  3. #53
    UTVikfan's Avatar
    UTVikfan is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    814

    Re: Is Tice the guy?

    Does N.E. have their O.C. or D.C now? No. We will see if it was Belicheck. I bet the patriots don't make the playoffs myself.

  4. #54
    Vikes's Avatar
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,733

    Re: Is Tice the guy?

    "UTVikfan" wrote:
    Does N.E. have their O.C. or D.C now? No. We will see if it was Belicheck. I bet the patriots don't make the playoffs myself.
    Why do you say that????? All of the sudden NE stop knowing how to play football????

    See the problem with this concept is people think because Tice has been a lousy coach it was the team.. (excuse)

    But NE was winning because of the coaches?
    Now they are going to be lousy because they lost 2 coach's?
    Won't even make the playoff's.....*WOW*

    You can't have it BOTH ways is it the coach or the team?

    Or how about this:
    It's being mentally tough. It starts at the TOP and works it way on to the field.

    Head coaches scalping tickets is not being mentally tough.
    300

    The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

    300

  5. #55
    michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,876

    Re: Is Tice the guy?

    "Vikes" wrote:
    "UTVikfan" wrote:
    Does N.E. have their O.C. or D.C now? No. We will see if it was Belicheck. I bet the patriots don't make the playoffs myself.
    Why do you say that????? All of the sudden NE stop knowing how to play football????

    See the problem with this concept is people think because Tice has been a lousy coach it was the team.. (excuse)

    But NE was winning because of the coaches?
    Now they are going to be lousy because they lost 2 coach's?
    Won't even make the playoff's.....*WOW*

    You can't have it BOTH ways is it the coach or the team?

    Or how about this:
    It's being mentally tough. It starts at the TOP and works it way on to the field.

    Head coaches scalping tickets is not being mentally tough.


    you make a solid point

  6. #56
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Is Tice the guy?

    I agree Vikes, it's just as much about the attitude and the toughness, and yes coaching dictates that.

  7. #57
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,815

    Re: Is Tice the guy?

    Here's my take on Tice.

    He seems like a "good fella", players like him, big lovable teddy bear kinda guy. He's easy to like, I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt, hoping that as he gets more experience and matures that he will be a good head coach. Problem is, I don't think he has the marbles or the confidence to dominate the attitude of the team. When the game gets complicated and you have to coach based on the dynamics of game day he falls apart. He can't ask his advisors for the right thing to do, he has to act quickly and decisively and thats where he gets into trouble, when he is on his own.

    This year will be a sucessful year for the vikes, but to advance deep in the playoffs I think the players on the field are going to have to step up and be the guys that know how to win the big plays, regardless of the situation Tice puts them in. In other words, I don't see Tice being the factor in winning tough games, C-pep, burleson, wiggins, smoot, winfield, k-will,.... need to save Tice from himself. This is opposite of a NE that has a coach putting them in good winnable situations. If I were Tice I would keep it simple and let the big dogs run as much as possible. C-pep will put points on the board and the new "D" will make key stops (even late in the game ). Use the talent and the leadership on the field to help you out.

  8. #58
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Is Tice the guy?

    "tastywaves" wrote:
    Here's my take on Tice.

    He seems like a "good fella", players like him, big lovable teddy bear kinda guy. He's easy to like, I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt, hoping that as he gets more experience and matures that he will be a good head coach. Problem is, I don't think he has the marbles or the confidence to dominate the attitude of the team. When the game gets complicated and you have to coach based on the dynamics of game day he falls apart. He can't ask his advisors for the right thing to do, he has to act quickly and decisively and thats where he gets into trouble, when he is on his own.

    This year will be a sucessful year for the vikes, but to advance deep in the playoffs I think the players on the field are going to have to step up and be the guys that know how to win the big plays, regardless of the situation Tice puts them in. In other words, I don't see Tice being the factor in winning tough games, C-pep, burleson, wiggins, smoot, winfield, k-will,.... need to save Tice from himself. This is opposite of a NE that has a coach putting them in good winnable situations. If I were Tice I would keep it simple and let the big dogs run as much as possible. C-pep will put points on the board and the new "D" will make key stops (even late in the game ). Use the talent and the leadership on the field to help you out.
    Well said. You hit the nail on the head regarding when Tice is most ineffective. I agree with your analysis regarding tough games...the players need to take control. That is unfortunate though, it would be better to have good leaders on the field complemented by good coaching off the field.

    The Vikes could go deep into the playoffs with Tice as their head coach. The problem is that after the first 'fluff' round of the playoffs (created by 40% of the teams walking into the playoffs) the competition is increased by an order of magnitude. This is where Tice cannot compete with most coaches in the league, with the possible exception of Jim Haslett...who has no chance of making it past the 'fluff' round of the playoffs anyway. That is the point where the the team would have to win off the philosophy that you described.

  9. #59
    Vikes's Avatar
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,733

    Re: Is Tice the guy?

    You got it right...Thats why Moss was so frustrated with this team. He even suggested Tice was not the guy. You can't be a player/coach. You can't even be coach/gm. Players play, Coachs coach.

    I REALLY hope like i've said before that this year is the exception not the rule.
    300

    The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

    300

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Similar Threads

  1. Tice PC 11/14/05
    By mnvikes61 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-15-2005, 08:17 PM
  2. Tice has to go
    By TMAC604 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 09-20-2005, 05:27 AM
  3. Tice Gone?
    By ADubya26 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 09:26 AM
  4. Tice
    By CrazyAtMSU in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-15-2004, 12:50 PM
  5. TIce and DC
    By viking hope in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-21-2003, 10:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •