Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Space Coyote Guest

Re: Is Tice the guy?

I like Tice, and he is getting better.

It's obviously not all about the head coach. The entire organization has to help out. I look at other coaches...some of them are highly respected and I just don't get it. Take Cowher for instance. Any time you see him on the sidelines you see him "rallying the troops" saying things like: "You gotta rush the quarterback!"
    Well, duh. Thanks coach, I can see why you get the big bucks...
    I always think about the interviews that Tice gives. He usually comes off sounding intelligent. He always comes off sounding like a down-to-earth guy, and someone who can handle pressure. I mean...half the time this guy doesn't know if he will be back next year. I wonder if things would be better if he got a decent paycheck (compared to other head coaches) and some job stability.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Well I guess the majority feel Tice has had such bad 'D' teams the last three season are not his fault.

Good thing McCombs is gone he can't hold Tice back now.
    McCombs gave him an HELL of a team this year hopefully Tice will PLEASE make the most of this situation.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Skyliner is offline Rookie

I think Tice has proved he can be a winning coach. the last two season the team has come out of the gate strong but for some reason. it seems like tice pull off the throttle durning the second part of the season and the team starts loses its aggressiveness. I dont know if he starts worring about injurys or what, but i think all Tices problems could be fixed by keeping up the intensity in pratices all year along.

coreyd is offline Coach

I think that there is a chance that Tice could be the guy. I have not been to crazy about him, and I am not crazy about him to this day, but I think that he might be the coach that brings us all the way. The only thing that makes me question his ability is the fact that Red was ready to fire him, to keep Moss. I think that the head coach should never be in that position....PERIOD!!

coreyd is offline Coach

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Like I have said before, this is Tice's make or break year.
    I second that one big time! Any coach in the league would be thrilled to take over with all the talent we have now, so, there will be many in line for his job if he doesnt get it done!!

Del Rio Guest

You get what you pay for and we didn't pay much for Tice. If Red wasn't such a cheap ass we would have Dungy in the house.

Tice sucks. This is his last year unless the new talent carries him into glory town.

Tice finally has a solid team, this is the year he makes or breaks his time in Minnesota. You cant blame tice for having a crappy team. If he sucks he's gone, if the team wins the division and does some damage in the playoffs tice will have a respectful contract.
    You republican whore!

Del Rio Guest

If all of you who say he had a crappy team are sold on that idea then I just have to ask.

If you have a good enough team to carry a bad coach and make him look good, do you even need a coach?

All of those guys in the NFL are talented. Not all coaches are. I have seen average talent turned into greatness by coaches in sports. I have also seen teams full of big names fall flat on their face, due in part to poor coaching.

Prophet Guest

After the first round of the playoffs (due to marginal teams making it in) the games are typically played with top-notch teams battling it out. The attitude and chemistry of these teams is usually where it needs to be. The difference between the SB champions and the losers is usually determined by the coaching.

For example, I hate to bring this up because it is still painful. In '98 when the Vikings lost to the Falcons in the NFC championship game they had a team that scored the most points of any offense in the history of the NFL. With the clock ticking before the half Denny decided to sit on the ball rather than trying to score. In my mind that was when the Vikes lost the game, it wasn't when Anderson missed his first FG of the season. That was a poor coaching decision in the clutch.

I think any one of us could come up with numerous examples of when Tice has make boneheaded decisions while coaching. I would go as far as saying that with Tice as the HC the Vikings could not win the SB even if they had the best player in the NFL at every position on the team. Once the elite teams are battling for the title Tice would get outwitted faster than you can read this sentence.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Owners own, Coaches coach, and Players play.
    Black eyes heal.
    TIce is a good coach. Maybe not a "great" coach, but he is not all bad.
    Every coach in the NFL has a short leash. Some shorter than others.
    Tice's leash is getting shorter(on this board anyway)
    The defense was in a shambles when Denny the Great left.
    Tice addressed this issue nicely. To me, it can't be that bad.
    Maybe we can get Ritchie Kotite to come out of retirement.
    :lol:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast